“Great food and service”

Price range: US$10 - US$29
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: The Clipper Inn is a seasonal restaurant usually open from early April until late October. Off season usually Wednesday through Sunday, Summer Tuesday through Sunday. This well established restaurant features specials typical to United States as well as Europe and Asia. The Chef-Owner has traveled extensively for food and wine ideas.
Rochester, New York
“Great food and service”
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Doesn't look big from the outside but it is on the inside. The food was delicious and the service was outstanding. I had rack of lamb and my girlfriend had fillet with lobster tail. Salad was huge and very well presented. A little pricy but worth it.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank Andy14609

Baldwinsville, New York
“Outstanding dinner”
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Dined there recently with family for the first time although I have been driving by it for the past five years. From the moment we walked in the staff couldn't have been friendlier or more welcoming. Our waitress was the best. (if it helps the owner to identify her, she has a daughter in the Rochester area which came up in conversation with her). The food was the best dinner that I have had in the Thousand Islands. I would highly recommend and can't wait to return.

• Visited July 2014
Alexandria Bay
“Great meal and outstanding Service”
Reviewed 13 June 2014

We have been to the Clipper many times. This was our first of four or five this summer. The clams in wine sauce are very good. We both had an order of them. My prime rib was a perfect medium rare and my wife enjoyed the veal oscar. Chef Franks deserts are the best in the area. Key lime pie and Chocolate truffles were awesome. The service is very good at the Clipper and other restaurants in the area could learn from the clipper. We sat in the old part at table 19 and it was very quite and romantic. Thanks Chef/owner Simpson.

• Visited June 2014
“Good service”
Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

The service was very good. The steak we got was few minutes away from the medium well we ordered and got another one instead.
We also ordered special pasta and it was made to perfection based on our instructions to melt cheese in the microwave.

Sturgeon Bay, Wisconsin
“Surprisingly good find”
Reviewed 6 June 2014

We stumbled into this restaurant mostly because we'd been driving all day, were staying in the adjacent hotel, and didn't want to look further. I have to say this: we'd been on top-level food tours on the East Coast and in Quebec for the two weeks leading up to this meal, and Clipper Inn had some of the best food we'd had on our entire trip (and we'd had some pretty great food!). My husband and I shared a plate of mussels, he had the surf & turf, and I had a seafood pasta. Both had pints of beer, and salads. Mouthwatering food, and the total bill was less than $70. The only part we didn't care for was the bread which was rather stale and uninspiring. But certainly offset positively by the rest. Very good service, friendly staff, and attractive interior.

Visited May 2014