“When we finally got our food it was good...”

Pasta Pane Rustic Italian Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Pasta Pane Rustic Italian Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 141 Restaurants in Clifton Park
Price range: US$17 - US$30
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Plank Road
Reviewed 19 August 2013 via mobile

We went after the track Saturday night to celebrate our anniversary. I'd been here before and thought my husband would enjoy it.
Had to wait 45 min at bar for a seat to open up... No problem.
Waiter was very knowledgable in describing specials.
Antipasto came out after a small wait.
We waited an HOUR for our dinner to come out after that. No communication in regards to why.
Water was asked to be refilled, it was after 15 minutes.
People that came in after us were served and done with their meal before we got our meal.

I had to ask for our dinner after an hour wait.

I NEVER complain... I had to ask for management.

Manager came over and apologized. I work in this field, I know what it's like, but still there was no excuse for this service/lack of communication.

It really ruined or anniversary.

Manager gave us a gift card, " to give us another try"
Too bad, entre food was good.
Waiter had way too many tables.
Waiter had a helper, but even she disappeared.

Waiter needed to communicate that there were issues w our meal.
By the way the meals we ordered were not oddly requested orders.

FYI the antipasto really wasn't our "thing." We we looking for more traditional. Rice balls were ok. Tomato/mozz/ basil was good. Chicken spedies were good, but not sure they belonged on antipasto. Was looking for more of a Lombardi's style hot/cold antipasto.

When our food finally came I asked for mine to be boxed to go.

Husband literally was so hungry he was ready to walk out and go to Burger King.

Yet we got charged for full meal.
Doubt I'll use the gift certificate.

1  Thank Anniecat2
There are newer reviews for Pasta Pane Rustic Italian Bistro

Reviewed 18 August 2013

My husband and I recently ate dinner at this restaurant. The Pollo Pane was delicious. The waitstaff was attentive but not intrusive. We had the Italian donuts for dessert, a wonderful delight. The only negative is the noise level is high, almost too loud to have a conversation. It reverberates off the decor.

Reviewed 17 August 2013

Tried this restaurant 3 times, then gave up. Food tasted like it had been in a slow cooker for a few days. Service terrible, won't waste my time or money here, there are better places, like Wheatfields and Bellinis.

1  Thank CAMouse
Reviewed 31 July 2013

We go to Pasta Pane every now and then because it is so close to where we live. The food is decent, but I wouldn't say that it is exceptional. I wish their menu had more options or that they would change things up every now and then. I have to admit though....I really do love the decor and atmosphere. It's cozy and has a rustic feel. Next time, I would like to try eating out on their patio, as it looks lovely.

Reviewed 8 July 2013

The food was fun. A little slow on the service. But mostly it was the uncomfortable atmosphere. Felt like match.com was having an open house for Cougars. Really took away from it being a nice night out. GGrroowwwlll.