“Beautiful Suites”

Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Clifton Park
Barrington, NH
“Beautiful Suites”
Reviewed 6 June 2014

This is a new hotel and we stayed there for the first time on May 29th. The rooms are quite pretty and the staff was fantastic, always ready to help. The only problem we had was with the breakfast, it was not what we expected. They had 3 "bread" offerings (french toast, pancakes, and waffles), would have preferred to have at least scrambled eggs as one of the offerings. They only had one person doing the breakfast, and using china a silverware instead of plastic, caused the person to feel harried and therefore not all things were ready when needed (and the hotel was not crowded), so either they should hire an extra helper or use disposable plates, etc. to free up the person offering the breakfast. Will definitely consider staying there again. I did manage not to starve and ate what was available. I'm a little fussy, but not unreasonable and will work with what I have. The rooms were clean and quiet and was very happy with our decision to stay there.

Room Tip: We usually ask for a room not near the elevator, but the ice machine was not in an enclosed area and...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Franklin, Massachusetts
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Was in town with a group of 37 people for a softball tournament. This hotel was perfect! The rooms were large, clean, comfortable beds, had a living room, frig, microwave, free breakfast, large lobby with a fireplace, perfect!!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
AllSuitesinCP, General Manager at Park Manor Hotel, An Ascend Hotel Collection Member, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Thank you for your comments.

We are so glad you enjoyed your stay.

We hope to see you again soon so we may deliver an even better experience than this last one that you enjoyed!
Garden Grove, California
Reviewed 1 June 2014

You would think if you pay $175+ for a room at a Comfort Suites; they would as least have fruit and yogurt for breakfast. Even the person who was managing the breakfast was not friendly or did not want to help. I made a waffle and it stuck to the waffle maker. She said "did you not spray?' Obviously I didn't!

Not at this hotel! I'm a "diamond elite" member at Choice Hotels and more and more; the Comfort Inns take better care of the customer than the Comfort Suites.

Other than the person who checked me in; I will probably not stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for taking time to reply on your experience here at our property.

We do have yogurt and fruit as a standard on our breakfast buffet. My apologies that it was not available at breakfast when you visited.

It is disappointing to us when we fail to provide the quality service in which we strive for.

We would like you would give us another try in the future. Feel free to contact me personally should you be returning to our area, or if you would like to discuss your stay further.
Niskayuna, New York
Reviewed 29 May 2014

I've stayed at a couple hotels on business in Clifton Park, I'd have to say Comfort Suites is about the best place I've stayed. They were very friendly and courteous. My suite was ready when I arrived, clean and I liked the fact that there was a sitting area for relaxing a little. I even took a quick dip in their indoor pool. Breakfasts were basic hotel fair. One of the best things were the cookies at the front counter. I plan on staying there again on my next trip.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Scot M
Buffalo, New York
Reviewed 15 May 2014

The property itself appeared nice enough and the front desk employee was great. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. The pull out sofa was tiny and not comfortable at all, but that's to be expected. The elevator is painfully slow, and breakfast was mediocre at best. We checked in late after a long day of traveling and were told that our reservation was for one king bed-- but my email confirmation showed two queen beds and pull out. The lady at check in was nice and apologetic, but didn't seem to have any other options, so two couples had to share one king size bed and a tiny pull out sofa bed.
As indicated in my title, we had a terrible experience with the maintenance man that didn't seem to improve over the weekend. The fridge had mold on the shelf and in the freezer it when we arrived and was not cold, so I called down to the front desk to ask for a working and clean fridge. The maintenance man, Howard, came up to our room and inspected the fridge and turned the nob a few times-- we heard the fridge turn on, and he said he cleaned out the mold. He was not very nice, and accused me of turning the fridge off. It didn't seem to be getting cold (but the noise implied it was working). I asked him if we could possibly get a bigger fridge that wasn't just covered in mold (he used a towel and water to wipe it out), but he continued to give me curt and aggressive answers. I didn't have the energy to engage him any further, so the other guests stepped in and talked to him and put our food and drinks in the fridge. The next morning, our food/drinks were warm, and upon opening the freezer, there was still mold in there. I called the front desk again and explicitly requested a new fridge, since it was still moldy and not working. I turned off the fridge and unplugged it. The same maintenance man came up to the room and immediately raised his voice to me and said "See, this is why it's not working, it's not even plugged in" which I explained that I had just done that after I made the phone call to the desk. I pointed out that there was still mold in the freezer, which he told me was just rust-- which I then showed him by using a napkin it was indeed not rust. He continued to scold me for touching the plug of the fridge and I again asked for a new fridge. He told me there wasn't another fridge the same size in the entire hotel, and I told him any other working fridge would suffice and that we could plug it in any open outlet in the room. We showed him that the fridge was not keeping anything cold and he continued to argue with all of us in the room. He kept telling us to touch the freezer, which was cool but not cold, and that the freezer was working. He also offered that we should just use the ice machine if we wanted cold drinks-- but when I pointed out the ice machine on our floor was not working, he told me that was because the hotel was full so I should go get ice from another floor. He was incredibly rude and I was totally taken back by his attitude. I asked him why he was arguing with me, that any other fridge would suffice, and that one of the girls in the room need to pump and freeze breast milk, which he scoffed at. I requested that we see someone else, possibly his supervisor, he mumbled something then left the room with out any sort of explanation. He pushed the door open a few minutes later, (it was latched open while a friend went to get ice) and condescendingly explained the new fridge to me and instructed me not to touch anything. I felt berated and embarrassed by this man, and definitely did not want to deal with him again... When there was a small issue with the hot tub jets, I confessed my anxiety from the aforementioned situation, and the woman at the front desk told me she would inform someone at the hotel and follow up with me while another maintenance staff member promptly and nicely helped us sort out the hot tub issue. It's been a few days and there has not been any follow up from or apology for the way that Howard treated us.
Based on this experience alone, I would not recommend Comfort Suites in Clifton Park, there are plenty of other hotels in the same price range in this area.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
AllSuitesinCP, General Manager at Park Manor Hotel, An Ascend Hotel Collection Member, responded to this review, 22 May 2014
Please accept my apology for the situation your encountered here at our property. I appreciate you taking the time to bring such issues to my attention.

Your experience is certainly not the level of service in which we strive to provide. I have addressed the concerns with the appropriate department managers and staff.

If you would like to discuss please fee free to contact me.
Queensbury, New York
Reviewed 10 May 2014

We stayed here for one night. We had a two queen bed standard room. During our stay we used the pool and had the free breakfast. Rate was about $120 for 3 adults on a Wednesday night.

Positives:
The room was huge for a standard room and very clean! Probably about a suite size for the average hotel. The kitchen type of area had a microwave, refrigerator that was pretty big, counter space, and cabinets. There was even some silverware and dishes which I thought was really convenient to reheat leftovers from a night out. The living area had a couch that appeared to be a sofa bed couch. One table with two chairs and a lamp. The beds were not very comfortable but not uncomfortable either. The pillows were the save level of comfort. Had no issue with water or A/C.

All of the common areas were very clean, well kept, and nicely decorated. Even the bathroom in the lobby was spotless!

All of the staff was friendly and helpful. I had a friend that was not staying at the hotel that wanted to join us for the breakfast. The staff was accommodating and allowed my friend to join us for $5.

Breakfast was free.

A lot of parking lot room.

Pool was nice.

Location was amazing and convenient. Very close to the northway, the Clifton Park mall, a lot of restaurants. and there is a Chilis right next door!

Advanced pre payment discount was something like 15%.

Negatives: Free breakfast quality was disappointing. The only hot food available was eggs and sausage patties. The waffle batter, orange juice, raspberry danish, and eggs were not good. OJ was a gross concentrate. Danish was stale. No hashbrowns.

No hot tub.

Bed was not comfortable.

There was a odd bad fishy smell outside in the outer area of the parking lot.

Bottom line: This was the best rate around Clifton Park at the time for a quality hotel chain. I don't see a good reason to not stay here. Highly recommended. We will return if we need to stay in the area again!

Scotia
Reviewed 24 April 2014

We stayed only for one night and we booked the Efficiency Suite because we wanted a bigger room. The room was huge. My only complaints were some of the furniture was really stained. Chair in living and bedroom were nasty. Bed wasn't to comfy either but for one night it was fine. Other than that it was pretty clean and worth the money.

Room Tip: There is a lot to do in this area. There is a Chilies right next door and restaurant's everywher...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple