Park Manor Hotel, An Ascend Hotel Collection Member
Ranked #8 of 10 Hotels in Clifton Park
Reviewed 20 April 2009

This was the worse stay ever. Front Desk does not know what they were doing. I came to stay here with my fiance. He proposed that night and rented a jacuzzi suite here. We were in the tub when someone tried to get into our room luckly we had the dead bolt on. We both jumped out and put clothes on and called down to the front desk to tell them what happened. The girl at the desk was VERY RUDE and told us we should lock our door. We decided that we did not want to stay there and would be checking out and expected a full refund. We were there maybe a total of 2 hours. We packed our bag and as we were leaving the same guy was standing at our door again trying to get in. He had a key and key card holder that had our room number on it and a reciept saying that he had rented this room. VERY UNPROFESSIONAL!! We had to argue to get our credit card refunded. We went straight over to the comfort inn which was A LOT NICE AND PROFESSIONAL. I WILL NEVER STAY AT THE COMFORT SUITES IN CLIFTON PARK EVER AGAIN!!!!!

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
Scavoli, Front Desk/Sales Manager at Park Manor Hotel, An Ascend Hotel Collection Member, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2009

First and Foremost thank you very much for your feedback, without it we cannot take the appropriate steps to ensure that problems do not reoccur and properly train all of our employees. Congratulations on your engagement! That was an exciting night and I can understand how an incident like you have described would have been very frustrating and I would have been very angry as well. I am sorry that that happened to you and I do hope that you both enjoyed the rest of your evening. In an attempt to make it up to you, I researched our records for April and I did not catch any reservations checking in and back out on the same day. Are you sure that you don’t have us confused with another hotel in the area? If you would like to contact me, I would be more than happy to go over the details of your stay and would much appreciate the opportunity to show you how truly dedicated we are to stellar customer service. Again, we highly value the opinions of our customers and take seriously any feedback offered to better the experience for all of our guests.
Warmest Regards,
Stephanie Cavoli
518-373-2255
7 Northside Drive
Clifton Park, NY 12065
Comfort Suites

Reviewed 19 August 2008

I have stayed at this Comfort Quites several times over the past year with no problems. However, this past weeked my young children and I stayed for one night that was frought with issues. First, the room wreaked of mold or mildew. When I called to inquire about another room I was told there weren't any. Second, the air conditioning unit had only two settings...off and arctic blast. Lastly, the clock radio went off at FULL volume at 7AM, and given that we are from the west coast that meant 4AM wake-up.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk

Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know about your experience here at the Comfort Suites. I hope that you have had the opportunity to stay with us again and do understand that this was an isolated incident. August is in the middle of our Saratoga Racing Season and as such we tend to be sold out quite often during this month, which makes it difficult to move rooms. I do deeply appologize for all of the problems you have experienced during your stay. We have new maintenance on staff and they have worked hard to make sure all heating and cooling units are programed via the wall thermostat instead of the actual unit. Thank you again for your much appreciated feedback and I do hope your next stay exceeds your expectations.
Warmest Regards,
Stephanie Cavoli

Reviewed 26 November 2007

I attended a conference and stayed 2 nights in November. Would definitely like to go back for a getaway!!! Convenient to Albany, close to Saratoga Springs. Lots of stores at the nearby intersection -- I could have spent a day checking them out.

The room was super spacious! Had a small refrigerator and microwave, which were in a separate kitchen area, so no trying to juggle snack preparation. Very clean and well furnished, except the sleep sofa felt like it might be broken when I sat on it. The breakfast room was spacious and offered a variety of food. I have seen fancier breakfast bars, but this had plenty of choice, considering it was midweek November. Two computers in the lobby to access the internet -- if you don't have your laptop with you -- and their computers are fast.

Loved the pool for it's size and warmth. The whole pool area was free of drafts, reflecting the newness and quality of this Comfort Suites. The exercise equipment is quite new and has not been abused. I think anyone staying here enjoys it enough to be respectfull of the property.

The seating at our meeting in the ballroom was better than many facilities: good temperature control and we were not crowded in.

Last, but far from least, all the staff were very friendly and quite helpful.

• Stayed: November 2007, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 October 2007

My husband and I spent 2 nights at this hotel when we attended a wedding in the area. The suite was comfortable with 2 queen beds, a sleeper couch, microwave, refrigerator and coffee maker. Although, my room was clean and pleasant, I was a little put off at the lack of toiletires. There was one small bar of soap in the bathroom that broke in two after my husband took a shower. I had to use the shampoo to take my shower. When the housekeeper made up the room neither the soap nor the shampoo was replaced.
The complimentary breakfast served in the morning was average.
This hotel does deserve high marks for its congenial staff. However, I regret to say that with the exception of the staff, there was nothing about this hotel that would cause me to rate it above average.

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 September 2007

My husband and I just stayed here with my parents. WOW! What a great little hotel for the money. We paid 127.00 per night with tax - (AAA Rate). The staff was amazing, the room was very large with a fridge and a microwave. Room was spotless, staff was friendly and helpful. Breakfast in the AM was really large for a free buffet breakfast at a hotel.

All the reviews on trip advisor for this one were spot on. Great place to stay when traveling to the area for Saratoga or any of the other area attractions in Lake George. We are already planning on booking it for next years racing season.

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled with family
1  Thank ltlor
Reviewed 30 August 2007

My grandmother lives in the area and I had been dying to go to the horse racing in saratoga. When I called the comfort suites they had just one room left and the price seemed a little high however in saratoga rooms were going for well over $400. a night and that I couldn't afford. I was actually thinking at $199.00 a night the comfort suites would be a dump.. BUT I Was SOO Wrong. When I checked in The beautiful lobby was so inviting and comfortable. Not only that but the staff was amazing. They gave me a gift bag when I checked in just to say thank you. It had chocolate and munchies as well as some great deals to all the local resturants.
The beds were so soft it was like sleeping on a cloud and the refridgerator in the room made keeping left overs so easy.
The next morning the girl at the front desk even printed my airline pass from her computer, got me directions and set up a reservation at another choice hotel in atlanta where my connecting flight would be. How great of service is that. Any one visiting saratoga NY Must tryout this HOTEL

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled with family
1  Thank S_matice
Reviewed 21 January 2007

I decided to take my 3 children for a night at a hotel just to escape mid winter "cabin fever." We picked the Comfort Suites because of the location and amenities. (Add the fact this is a fairly new hotel, and that cinched the deal.) We ate dinner at Chili's Restaurant, which is just across the parking lot.

Our room was spacious and clean. We had 2 queen sized beds and a sleeper sofa. The room also was equipped with a small refigerator and microwave. It was nicely decorated and comfortable.

Bathroom was adequate and best of all, clean.

We enjoyed the pool and the complimentary continental breakfast bar.

I found the staff to be friendly and accomodating.

The location of this hotel is very convenient. Just off exit 9 of the Adirondack Northway.

What more could I ask for at $89/night? I've stayed at places 4 times that much that weren't nearly as clean nor as well appointed. Excellent deal.

• Stayed: January 2007, travelled with family