“Very clean property”

Holiday Inn Express Clifton Park
Ranked #9 of 10 Hotels in Clifton Park
Reviewed 23 October 2013

My husband and I stayed here to go to a concert in Saratoga Springs. It was easily accessible from the highway and the the concert venue. The property was very clean, and has a friendly, helpful staff. The breakfast area was incredibly crowded on Labor Day weekend, but we managed to eat!

• Stayed: September 2013
HappyHoliday18, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Clifton Park, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2013

Good Evening tgj777,

Thank you very much for staying with us for your concert, I hope you had a wonderful time at the show. Also, Thank you for your kind words about the property, I will pass along to our staff during our daily huddles. We hope to see you again! Thank you.

Reviewed 18 October 2013

My family stayed at this hotel for three nights. The beds were incredibly comfortable and clean. The people at the desk and in the breakfast room were very friendly. The breakfast was much more than we expected, from fruit to yogurt, to omelettes, scrambled eggs, sausage links, biscuits, sausage gravy, bagels, english muffins, pancakes, cinnamon rolls... not to forget the best coffee we have had in a long time. All that served for three hours so you don't have to get up too early if you're not so inclined.

In the breakfast rooom there is a desk with a computer for anyone to use. We used it each evening to search for things to do the next day. Really convenient to have available and you don't have to get a password or time limits. Nobody else was there so I was able to be on it for as long as I needed, about 15 minutes, and get my searches done.

Next was the workout room. Enough equipment for you to have a complete workout along with an air conditioner you control and a TV you control. We were in heaven and very happy since we decided not to bring the bikes with us.

The room was average with two beds. I will say, we had reserved a room with two QUEEN beds but had two double beds instead. A little smaller than we anticipated, but still a good nights sleep.

The only negatives of the room was the chairs, carpet and the ventilation in the bathroom. The two chairs in the room were so old that when you sat on it you were sitting on the springs. Also, we only used one chair because the other had a large unidentifiable stain that took up half the seat. The one chair we did use was incredibly uncomfortable. The carpet is old and smelly and really needs to be ripped out and replaced. The hallway had newer carpeting, but you walk into the room and start to choke from the carpet. Once you get used to that, it's okay. The venting in the bathroom... well, there is a vent above the toilet but I'll be darned if it was working. I had to wipe down the mirror after each shower and I don't even take very hot showers.

If you want to go out to eat, please go to the Halfmoon Diner just down the road. It's tempting to walk across the lot to the bar and grill, but if you're not going to drink you will be much rewarded from the short drive down the road. Just make a right out of the lot and head straight down and it's on your right side, I believe it's on the corner of Grooms Road if I'm not mistaken.

We decided to stay at this hotel because of the indoor pool, however because of the incredibly intoxicating amount of bleach (chlorine) used in the pool and the heat at which the room was kept at, we were afraid for the kids to be in there for any amount of time, so we never did use the pool. It did look nice though. Also, it's only 4 feet deep, which was a bit of a disappointment, but the workout room more than made up for that.

I would definitely recommend this hotel because the pros outweighed the cons by a good margin

Room Tip: Front rooms are noisier in the evening until about 10:00 because of the bar across parking lot. You...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Family T
HappyHoliday18, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Clifton Park, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2013

Good Afternoon Family T,

Thank you very much very the words of encouragement, I apologize for the inconvenience of the pool. We are required by state regulations and test the pool 3x daily for pH levels as well the temperature of water and air temperature is a nice 85 degrees. Thank you.

Reviewed 15 October 2013

another very modern h.i.e. on the outskirts of albany.the hotel was very clean the staff very nice and FREE CAR PARKING.the rooms had everything that you needed for a good stay.the reason that i only rated the hotel as average was because there was a wedding party staying and even at 2am the noise on the corridors and slaming doors made it a very difficult to sleep.hotels should have notices in the hotel requesting guests to be quiet when returning to rooms late at night.our stay was spoilt by those noisy guests.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Good Afternoon tonyXchurch,

Thank you very much very the kind words, I apologize for the inconvenience of the rowdy guests. I am proud to say that the overnight employees do a great job trying to mediate the loud noises and keep them to a minimum. Thank you.

Reviewed 13 October 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Holiday Inn Clifton Park this past Saturday night. I definitely would stay there again. The registration was ready for us. The two queen-bed room was in excellent condition and fresh..

The free morning breakfast was excellent with a variety of hot items and cold cereal. Of utmost excitement (yes, I was excited to try) was the "just made" pancakes. I hit a button, put my plate at the out-slot, and lo and behold two freshly made pancakes came out. They were delicious with hot maple syrup.

Other hotels had a pancake apparatus where you poured the already mix into a template - and then after a minute or turned it over - and it was stuck to the pan. No, this equipment was perfect with no mess.

I really appreciated signing my registration in an area for non-smoking and no pets. I love pets, but not in a hotel room - and certainly do not want the hair of any dog in my room. Great - and thank you Holiday Inn

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Good Afternoon OutdoorSteveNH,

Thank you very much, I am very pleased and proud that we were able to accommodate so easily. We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip through the Capital Region! Thank you.

Reviewed 12 September 2013

I stayed here for a night while passing through Albany on business. The hotel has a remote, out-of-the-way feel to it, but is actually very close and convienent to everything you could want. There is a roadhouse style restaurant right across the parking lot, which is quite lively with decent food.

The hotel seems very new and it shows on the outside as well as in. Everything is clean and fresh smelling, and the indoor pool while fairly small, also looked like a nice place for swim if traveling with kids.

The room itself was typical newer HIX; decent beds, good tv with many channels, decent wifi, clean and function bathroom, and a fridge was included in the room. My only complaint was that in my two queen room (a king wasn't available) was the lack of a real desk and chair. When I travel for business, I often end up getting some work done at night, and having to work on a round table and soft chair wasn't the best.

All in all, a good place to stop while traveling!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank ToSquareBob1

Good Afternoon ToSquareBob1,

Thank you very much, we strive to make your stay as easy and efficient as possible. I am so happy we were able to accommodate. Thank you.

Reviewed 9 September 2013

We needed 2 rooms for 2 nights going to the races.Prices closer to Saratoga Springs very high so looking out aways this is what we found.Had 2 queen size beds large room and large bathroom very friendly staff.Being fairly new beds were very comfortable and bedding clean.Breakfast had many choices and great coffee station.Will book again next year without a doubt.

Room Tip: all room seem good toward the back
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Clifton Park, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2013

Dear MrsAbb,

Thank you for providing us with a very considerate review and for staying with us. We strive to provide our guests with an extraordinary experience and we are pleased to have the opportunity to do that for you during your visit with us. We are thrilled your experience makes you want to come back again and we look forward to your return visit.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 4 September 2013

We needed a room for two nights in order to move our child into Skidmore College, which inconveniently holds move-in on the final weekend of the Saratoga Springs racing season. This means jacked-up prices anywhere within SS, so we looked a little farther away. The Holiday Inn at Clifton park was affordable, only 17 miles from the college, so we booked it.

So glad we did! This hotel was clean, had very comfortable beds and a friendly, helpful staff, and was right next to a bar/restaurant with decent food. Hot breakfast buffet came with our stay, which was very helpful.

On a staff note: when we arrived after driving all day, we were tired and looked it; the desk attendant saw this and brought out complementary snacks and water for us. When we got to our room, we found a second set of water bottles and a snack, also complementary. We felt looked-after and really appreciated that little touch.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Good Afternoon dolby05,

Thank you very much for finding us, We are so glad we could accommodate you during a life changing moment as bringing a child to college. We hope that you will continue to spend time with us while your child attends Skidmore. Thank you.