“Pleasant time”

Holiday Inn Express Clifton Park
Ranked #9 of 10 Hotels in Clifton Park
Reviewed 26 February 2007

Pool temperature pleasant, Convenient location near restaurants and shopping yet quiet. Room was clean and of ample size. Breakfast hostess was efficient but snippy with the children.

• Stayed: February 2007, travelled with family

Reviewed 11 January 2007

While staying at the hotel I could not believe what I saw there were several black bugs in my room, It smelled like smoke, and I herd the manager yelling at the top of her voice that she was going to get this employee. she seemed very unprofessional. From now on I will stay someplace els

• Stayed: November 2006, travelled on business
1  Thank Billatole
Reviewed 5 September 2006

My husband and I stayed in this hotel when we found ourselves unexpectedly in Clifton Park. We drove to all the comparable hotels in the area and found this was the best rate for the quality. We did however find that he was quoted a rate $40 higher when he walked into the hotel as compared to what I received when I called the hotel.

The room was very clean, bed was extremely comfortable with all white linens (no yucky bedspread). The bathroom was a decent size and the hotel was very quiet. The staff was extremely courteous and the hotel was conveniently located. A short distance from Saratoga.

We would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: August 2006, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Traveler_2312
Reviewed 5 September 2006

For business travel, I found this hotel to be much better than average. An eager (possibly over-eager) staff was very helpful, the rooms were sparkling clean and comfortable, and even though the hotel is close to two major roadways, our rooms were quiet. The free breakfast wasn't quite as good as others I've had, but certainly edible. Free wireless if you pick up a cable downstairs. There were enough restaurants nearby - but Clifton Park isn't exactly a hub of activity. In short: Very good for a business overnight, not where I'd stay for a long vacation.

• Stayed: August 2006, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 August 2006

Due to work requirements my husband and I travel extensively (e.g. eight months of this year in hotels!), and have spent an extended time in Clifton Park, New York staying a different hotels each time, however once we came across the Holiday Inn Express we were happy to find a place where we could call home! We stayed here for two weeks, it was up there with some of the top hotels without paying top price. The rooms are large with comfortable beds and beautiful linen. The bathrooms are also roomy, and very clean. The hotel is brand new, but does not have any of the 'settling in quirks' many new hotels have. They have a indoor heated pool, and a good sized fitness room with cardio machines (no free weights). The staff were helpful and friendly, and a beautiful free breakfast served in a cosy lounge with a fireplace. Although it does not have a guest laundry, the hotel has a laundry service for a very reasonably price. All in all it was a very pleasant and hassle-free stay.

2  Thank TronTravellers
Reviewed 28 July 2006

I was shocked to read the previous two reviews. Nothing could be further from the truth. My nephew and I just got back from the Holiday Inn and had a marvelous time. We came up for the races at Saratoga. First let me say the the room was immaculate. It was large and the bathroom was as well. Both my nephew and I have allergy problems and if the room weren't clean we would be the first ones to feel it. The manager and staff were very informative about local restaurants for us to try for dinner. The breakfast was wonderful. They have the best hot cinnamin rolls. They also have cheese omlets, sausage, fruit, a variety of juices, cereals, bagels, yogurts bagel etc. We will definitely be going back in the future.

• Stayed: July 2006, travelled with family
1  Thank Gazoozie
A TripAdvisor Member
Rochester, NY
Reviewed 18 July 2006

I booked this hotel because the hotel in which I usually stay was full. Keep in mind this is a brand new hotel !!! Upon my arrival, I found "coffee like" stains on the white comforter. I also had to have my husband kill a large black beetle type bug! If it was not so late, I would have left!!! The next day I discovered clumps of dirt behind the bathroom door, and again had my husband kill another large black beetle type bug!!!!!!! When I went to the desk clerk to report this, she made no eye contact, told me she would "tell them" and then said,"Oh, I'm sorry about that" The desk clerk then took the envelop with the keys hardly looking up, then states," we have your card number, so your all set". I will stay at a homeless shelter before I go back there!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2006