“But do I love the pizza here?”
Review of I LOVE NY PIZZA

I LOVE NY PIZZA
Ranked #111 of 141 Restaurants in Clifton Park
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Clifton Park, NY
“But do I love the pizza here?”
Reviewed 23 June 2014

I can’t say if the pizza tastes the same at every I Love NY Pizza location, like a burger tastes the same at every McDonald’s, because I’ve never eaten at a ILNY Pizza place before. This location at exit 8 of the Northway is relatively new, shares space with the Cobble Pond Farms store and gas station, and is close to my home.

There are two other pizza businesses within a quarter mile and neither one of those has risen above to make me a regular. I’d sooner drive to Albany or Troy to please my palate. So I considered it only fair that I give ILNY a chance to win me over. I called in our order for pickup and was told it would be ready in 15 to 20 minutes. I arrived 17 minutes later and waited an additional 5 minutes for the order to come out of the ovens. So far, so good.

We ordered two medium 16” specialty Pizzas ($16 each) to sample a broad range of ingredients. The White Tomato Spinach Ricotta pizza has garlic sauce and mozzarella. You know the garlic is there as soon as you open the box. There was a good balance of ingredients spread across the entire pizza. The dough is thin, but not crispy like a cracker, yet it supported these ingredients without any problem. On the other hand, our Deluxe Pizza with marinara sauce, mozzarella, pepperoni, sausage, onions, green peppers, and mushrooms, was too heavy for the thin dough at the center of the pie while the pizza was still hot, and not distributed close enough to the outer edges of the crust. That outer edge crust was average in flavor. I’ve had better and I’ve had much worse.

Let’s face it though, I’m a thicker pizza dough guy and they do offer both a Sicilian 12 cut and a Deep Dish 6 cut. So I may try one of those in the future. They also have hot and cold subs, pasta entrees, appetizers, wings, and salads. They even have some “we make it you bake it” options.

• Visited June 2014