“A bit outdated”

Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Clifton Park
Shelton, Connecticut
“A bit outdated”
Reviewed 14 August 2011

Good location near Saratoga Springs (when you can't get a hotel near the race track). Room was outdated, but clean. Front desk staff were helpful and nice. Pool was very refreshing. Breakfast was ok - microwaved eggs - person responsible for the breakfast area was rude.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Quebec City, Canada
Reviewed 4 August 2011

Nice pool, very good desk service, complimentary breakfast was ok. The hotel is situated near a lot of shopping stores. The perfect stop between Québec and Washington.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
Scottsville, New York
Reviewed 13 October 2010

We arrived a couple hours prior to check-in and were still able to check in early. The pool and hot tub were very relaxing. Our room large, clean and had WI-FI, which I used with my laptop easily. The continental breakfast was more than we expected with eggs, meat, toast, pastries, juices, coffee, cereals, and fruit. The staff both at the front desk and at the breakfast were very friendly and helpful. When I returned home, I discovered that I had left my laptop AC cord in the room. A phone call to the front desk was all that was needed to have this found and sent to my home address at no charge. I am going to the Finger Lakes wine country for our next weekend get away and we selected a Best Western in Penn Yan, NY for our stay. Looking forward to the same great experience.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank DarrylCady
bennnie
Reviewed 20 July 2010

The hotel is dated, dirty and overpriced. We stayed there because the hotel for our event was overbooked. For the $20 more per night, we got cigarette burned bedspreads, dusty furniture, filthy carpeting and toenails left over from a previous guest (in plain sight). The beer caps we found between the bed and the nightstand were just a bonus.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank bennnie
Long Island, New York
Reviewed 11 June 2010

Upon opening the front doors of the hotel there was a foul odor which permeated the entire place. After entering my room I found crumbs on the floor and a bedspread which was stained and had something which I could not identify crushed and stuck to the side. After complaining I was given a different room which was better than the original. I definitely would NEVER stay at this hotel again!!!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank Dasindog
boiling springs scouth Carolina, USA
Reviewed 1 June 2010

This hotel was very nice. The staff was very helpful and it was a clean place to stay. Close to shpping and the highway. Whenever I needed something, I was able to get it. BUT, call hotel for reservations, not Orbitz!! Internet reservation cost me about $15 a night more than if I had called the hotel directly. There was even a sporting event with teens and the place was quiet and I slept well.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank msfini828
Newton, Massachusetts
Reviewed 14 February 2010

I was in Clifton Park to see a concert at Northern Lights and frankly would have slept in my car that night if it weren’t winter time. I just needed a warm bed for the night after the concert, and Best Western fit my needs as it was the least expensive in the area. Works for me!

The hotel turned out to be much nicer than I expected, however. The outside of the building is rather drab, but the inside is nice. Looks can be deceiving. My room was clean, had ample furniture, had a clean bathroom with the essentials, and even had free television and internet (I don’t even have television and internet in my own home, so I felt like a king). Most importantly, the bed was comfortable and had enough sheets for the pickiest of sleepers. There’s a very nice pool area as well which can’t be more than a few years old by the looks of it. In the morning there’s a continental breakfast featuring more than just bagels and orange juice. Relax with some tea and a pastry and watch the news before you go wherever it is you’re going. Grab some fruit to go too.

In short, easy to get to off 87, right behind the IHOP. You’ll get your money’s worth, and there is even a free rewards program which I signed up for. Best Western has great deals, so take advantage.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled solo