“Worst bed I ever slept in!”

Best Western Clifton Park
Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Clifton Park
Reviewed 23 February 2014

This was a run of the mill hotel. Front desk staff was helpful and friendly. The hotel was clean as was the room. It was located near some stores and restaurants. The price was reasonable for the area. However! It had snowed the day before and the lot was not plowed. It was raining the day I arrived and the lot was a mess. Two inches of slush to walk through. Well, so it was winter but I figured 24 hours after the storm they should have had someone in to plow the slush away so guests could walk through the lot. Now the worst of it. The bed was the worst I have ever slept in. I mean the worst. The mattress was lumpy, it had worn areas that I sunk into and couldn't roll out. It was a shame because it was otherwise not a bad hotel. And, that's primarily what you stay at a hotel for. I probably would have rated it an average 3 if not for the bed. By morning, I just got up and left. I didn't try the breakfast. Just wanted to slosh back to my car and get out of there.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Jim M
There are newer reviews for Best Western Clifton Park

Reviewed 10 February 2014

Well let me start off by saying, I have never been more relaxed after a hotel stay in my life!!! The girlfriend and I needed a little getaway for Valentines Day, and with her working that weekend we decided to stay this past weekend! Upon making the reservation the employee I spoke too was cheerful, and was very fast and professional! Upon arrival, was greeted almost immediately, with a cheerful hello and how are you! The first thing I noticed was the gorgeous wood paneled pool and hot tub room!!! Our room was a King Whirlpool room, and the room was very clean, nice size tv with microwave and small fridge. The whirlpool tub was absolutely amazing!!!!! The hot tub was nice and the pool was almost as warm, but just cool enough to make it refreshing!!! The bed in the room was comfy, and frankly I had the best nights sleep in a hotel in my life this past weekend.

They have a great continental breakfast, as well as coffee and hot beverages in the lobby during the day.

If you have to stay in the Exit 9 Clifton Park area, seriously consider the Best Western as your hotel! I have already recommended it to several friends who will be in the area in the next couple of months!

Room Tip: Noise wasnt an issue even in the spa or pool room, but the King Whirlpool room was great!!!
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Mary G, Front Office Manager at Best Western Clifton Park, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2014

Thank you for your great review. We always try to make sure our guests feel welcome and have a nice clean room. We are glad you had a relaxing time. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 26 January 2014

Room was clean and quiet. The heater in the room was not easy to find comfortable setting. Tried the a/c which was too cold and the heat even on low was too hot. Bring your own wine bottler opener because they don't have one at the front desk.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 January 2014

Great breakfast. Kids loved the "pancake machine." Pool was small but adequate of our group. Very pleasant staff. Location is close (even walking distance) to several restaurants (mostly chains.) Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 December 2013

I was in town shopping alone and had never stayed here before. I was impressed with how safe I felt, how warm it was in a December cold snap, how quiet the room was for solid sleeping, and mostly for how clean it was. There was not one thing out of order in the room and I had plenty of what I needed for an enjoyable stay.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 11 December 2013

we stayed 2 nights here and the place was awesome.very clean and nice set up in the room.we had breakfast every morning it was very good. nice selection of food and very clean where we ate.overall I would stay again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 December 2013

My husband and I stayed here to get away from it all for a weekend. The location is great. There are few restaurants within walking distance if you wanted to enjoy a drink or two and walk back to the hotel. The hotel room we had was very spacious. We did not go to the pool, but it looked beautiful and clean. The outside of the hotel is not very appealing looking, but the hotel itself is nice inside, just dated. The staff was friendly and very helpful. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: There are no elevators in this hotel. If you have difficulty with stairs request a room on the firs...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple