“A real gem in Clifton Park!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #28 of 138 Restaurants in Clifton Park
Cuisines: Japanese, Asian, Sushi
Good for: Child-friendly
Saratoga Springs, NY
“A real gem in Clifton Park!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2013 via mobile

Mr. Fuji goes on my list of top favorite restaurants in the Capital Region. We've been going since they first opened and before they started doing hibachi. They definitely have the best sushi in the area! Everything is fresh and made to order. Some of our favorite rolls are: avocado peanut, crunchy white tuna, sweet potato, shrimp tempura, and the Black Angel has to be one of our top favorites! It's not always on the menu, as they sometimes have it as a special. But you can ordee it anytime...just ask. I wish I could remember what is in it....but, trust me.....it's delicious!

Service is always prompt and the staff is very friendly good. They get to know their regulars and can explain anything on the menu that you are unsure of....including the black angel roll!

If you love sushi or even hibachi, definitely check out Mr.Fuji. It's in the Hannaford Plaza, next to Breugger's Bagels in Clifton Park (about a 20 min. drive from Saratoga Springs).

• Visited June 2013

Cleveland, Ohio
“fantastic tuna”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2013

My husband and I pitstopped here on our way up to Ticonderoga on a Monday evening. We had three rolls - the Spicy Green River roll, the Pepper Tuna roll and a Pinky roll. The Spicy Green and the Pepper Tuna rolls were just fabulous. The tuna was wonderfully fresh, not mushy. The avocado on top of the spicy Green roll was perfectly ripe and the roll held together nicely. I never had a roll with peppered tuna, it was just excellent. There was also a nice spicy mayo sauce as well. The Pinky roll was ok - it had tuna, salmon and yellow tail, wrapped in soybean paper. This one had a tendency to fall apart, and the salmon was a little bit strong for me. It wasn't horrible, it just didn't stack up to the first two rolls, is all.

Being a Monday night it wasn't very busy - in fact, we were the last people there when we left at 8:30. It did look like some bar patrons were coming in when we left, though. Service was good - we had several people stopping to ask if we needed anything. (Or maybe they were trying to shoo us out!).

Would definitely stop back for more of the Peppered Tuna and Spicy Green River rolls if we are ever in that neck of the woods again!

• Visited July 2013
North Potomac, Maryland
“huge portions, very healthy food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2013

I used take out, but if you stay in get a hibachi table! Order taken and filled quickly by a friendly server.

Visited June 2013
Clifton Park, New York
“Sushi is perfect”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2013

I have never had a piece of sushi I did not love. I could eat more than one roll. They make the rolls to order so they are perfect. the lunch box with the rice is priced right and more than enough food.

Visited March 2013
Cohoes, New York
“Best sushi in capital region”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2013 via mobile

Amazing sushi. Gorgeous atmosphere - hidden treasure in a strip mall. Great sushi and sashimi selection as well as a large hibachi area.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Been to Mr Fuji? Share your experiences!