“Don't Stay Here!”

Ranked #10 of 10 Hotels in Clifton Park
Boiling Springs, Pennsylvania
“Don't Stay Here!”
Reviewed 14 June 2012

When checking in I was told the computer system with Choice Hotels was down so my credit card was processed through what they called a "back up system". The next morning when I checked out I asked if the computer system was operational. When I was told it was not, I asked when my points would be credited for the stay. I was then told I would not be getting points "because we are offline right now". I asked what that meant thinking perhaps that I was just being told the computer system was down, but when I asked if my points would be credited when the computer was operational I was told no. I couldn't get a direct answer, but finally I asked if the facility was a Comfort Inn at that moment and the answer I got was evasive. I was told "we are working on it". Interestingly I can not find this hotel listed on the Choice Hotl website even though they displayed the Comfort Inn Logo inside and outside the facility and on the business cards for the manager which were on the check in counter. It appears they lost their Comfort Inn franchise and rightfully so, but they should not be allowed to display a Comfort Inn sign or advertise themselves as a Comfort Inn.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank wgs779

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 12 June 2012

I stayed at Comfort Inn last weekend and the staff was horrid and very unprofessional. The front desk clerk was very rude, and I think actually had her young children at work swimming in the pool. the room were very dirty and dated. The entire hotel smelled musty.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank 640traveler85

Travellers are raving about these Clifton Park hotels

New York
Reviewed 4 June 2012

Terrible experience, brown water, insect in bathtub, broken door in bathroom.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank jaazyNewYork
Freeport, Maine
Reviewed 21 November 2011

good bed, hard pillows, dirty entrance, dirty halls.
is it really a comfort inn?

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank bitofahoot
Lorain, Ohio
Reviewed 8 November 2011

I stayed at this hotel for one night without prior booking and I hadn't looked up the ratings here. I'm glad I didn't because I would have been even more bummed out.
The hotel itself is tucked away, easily accessible, but not in the usual hotel location. It sits directly across the street from the fire station! Fortunately, no sirens went off during the evening.
I thought it looked kind of cute from the street, painted a sky blue color. The staff at the
desk always seemed very friendly and helpful, so no complaints there. Although
you heard highway noise from the outside, it disappeared indoors.
The only rooms they had available were the handicapped rooms which I assumed
meant the room would be on the first floor and have only a shower. I was wrong
about the latter. How does a room get called handicap accessible with a tub? Yeah, there were handles, but that just doesn't cut it for a lot of folks in
wheelchairs.
The hotel is showing a lot of age. The carpets in the hall downstairs were bumpy and needed to be stretched out, or replaced entirely. These are the same carpets that led to the handicapped rooms. I can just see someone tripping on the old carpeting on the way to one of the rooms! If that was not enough, my first room's lock malfunctioned (they needed a
master key to get me back in) so I was moved to another room. There, the tub
(another handicap room) wouldn't drain. If you ignore the water drainage problem (hard to do) the rest of the rooms I had were very tidy and the beds were comfy enough.
Breakfast hours started at 6AM and they must have opened it up early. There
was a good variety of foods and hot coffee was always available in the lobby.
If I needed a handicap accessible room I would avoid this place like the plague. There are a lot safer rooms that I've seen in my travels. There are at least five hotels at this one interchange, so I'd look for one that took better care of its facility and wasn't so oddly located.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank VEC24
Reviewed 13 October 2011

Very nice workers, located by good restaurants in short driving distances. Clean rooms and quick service for a few things we needed.

• Stayed October 2011
NE
Reviewed 8 October 2011

I stayed on 09/24/11..the location is near to the highway but tucked away on a wooded road, the room was very clean and the staff very nice. Only silly thing on my part was is I could not operate the faucet to switch to the shower mode...no one answered at the front desk that morning but found out you have to pull the insert in the faucet down. Duh on me!

Room Tip: Two stories; no elevator