“Not worth the savings”

Red Roof Inn Clifton Park
Ranked #10 of 10 Hotels in Clifton Park
Reviewed 21 July 2013

The staff was nice and tried to be helpful. The pool was broken, the AC in the room was not working. The room we were moved w/ working AC had orange popcorn on the floor, the shower curtain was missing in the bathroom. There was no pail in the bathroom, the towels were like sandpaper. The bathroom door did not latch closed. The sheets were torn. The ice machine on our floor was broken. The hallway smelt musty and the walls were dirty. The breakfast was bleak and the juice machine was broken. So there was warm milk or OJ to drink.

Skip this one,,,not worth the price, too many issues. I could not wait to go home to shower.

Room Tip: Ask if the rooms was cleaned before you take the key.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Therese R

Reviewed 23 June 2013

My family and I stayed there over this weekend. It was very busy in the morning for breakfast, but I was informed that was because there was a group staying there. Although it was busy the breaskfast personel was able to keep up. The pool was very nice, My family and I enjoyed that very much. The rooms were clean and the bed was extremely comfortable. Staff there was polite. I will be bringing my family back again.

Room Tip: If it is busy bring your breakfast back to the room because there are not many places to sit.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank SteelersD84
Reviewed 18 May 2013

This is, by a wide margin, the filthiest hotel I have ever stayed in. Actually "stayed in" is misleading. We checked in at 11 pm after a long drive, ready to stretch out and relax. After spending about 10 minutes in the room, we decided there was no way we could stay there. The bed cover and pillow cases were stained; there were streaks on the walls; the shampoo bottle was sticky, cheap looking, and possibly used; there were dead bugs on the floor (unclear if they were bedbugs); the bathroom light was on a timer for some reason; the carpet in the hallway was stained and coming detached from the floor in places; the walls in the hall were filthy; the front desk employee was watching TV with her friends when we showed up, was not dressed for work, and did project professionalism; everything was generally cheap and dirty. We left, ate the $100 we had spent, and checked into the Comfort Suites across the street. It felt like the Ritz by comparison. I am not a hotel snob. I have no problem staying in a cheap hotel, or even a hotel that may not be the cleanest place in the world. This was another level. Do not get tempted by the price. Do not stay here.

Room Tip: If the rest of the rooms are like the one we had, you're better off sleeping in your car.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Jonah A
Reviewed 30 August 2012

This motel is now The Inn Clifton Park, formally the Comfort Inn. I stayed there with a discount coupon from one of the rest stops on the interstate. The front desk staffers were very helpful and friendly. The complimentary breakfast was very acceptable as one would expect, no complaints. The facility is in need of a complete makeover. Carpet, furniture, TV, and plumbing are all dated and due to be replaced. Even the door key failed to work on two separate occasions. Even with the discounted rate, it is not a good value. By the way, it is hard to find.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank bobster63
Reviewed 30 July 2012 via mobile

Previous reviews state that their computer system was down...well over a month since the last review and I can report it is STILL down.. How annoying to have to fill out 3 sheets of paper to check in!
The hallway stinks horribly. A mix of cigarettes and mildew. At least my room didn't smell as bad. The linens were clean. The tub was clogged during our showers.
They serve breakfast, not very appealing. We decided to eat at a restaurant instead.
Overall, not the worst hotel stay I've ever had. But definitely not worth $170 a night, I felt ripped off. This most definitely is NOT a Comfort Inn.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank missy B
Reviewed 25 June 2012

SCAM!!!!!!!! Probably not a real Comfort Inn!!!!!!!! We had the same experience as previous guests. We stayed on the road for quite a while so we signed up for the Comfort Inn bonus points system. When we checked in we were told "our system is down, we can't award any points." We were tired and figured the "system" would be operational in the morning. WRONG! The hotel itself isn't a total nightmare but it isn't good either. The entire first floor smells of body odor or feet, the "breakfast" is pretty bad, and the rooms are old (rusty light fixtures, weird inconvenient stuff like no good place to plug in a charger for phone or laptop, no water pressure). Stay elsewhere.

Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank bethanyphd
Reviewed 17 June 2012

Well apon making my reservation the front desk personnel told me that the computer system was down so was unable to send me a confirmation via email. When checking in a month later the computer system was still down. I found this very odd and inconvenient.. But was greeted very pleasantly by the front desk person. Both of them were very polite and personable. I believe their names were Bloom and Heather. I found later in my stay that the entire staff seemed to be the same way. If I walked by a housekeeper they also greeted me and it made my experience here a pleasurable one. They only 2 negative comment i have is that this hotel must be updated. It looks as tho it has been update since the 90's and there is a part of the ceiling where the paint is chipping away. I do believe hope that everything is now running for the hotel staff and guest. The hotel does not match up to the standards of which the staff is!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
Hyatt Place Saratoga / Malta
Hampton Inn Clifton Park
Hampton Inn Clifton Park
#3 of 10 in Clifton Park

Been to Red Roof Inn Clifton Park? Share your experiences!