“Great stay and wonderful staff!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Red Roof Inn Clifton Park

Red Roof Inn Clifton Park
Ranked #10 of 10 Hotels in Clifton Park
New York City, New York
“Great stay and wonderful staff!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2011

Me and a friend stayed at this property this past month and were delighted with the stay and the rooms. You can't beat this hotel for the value as well. Very cozy, private, and again great personal attentive staff. We recommend this property if you are in the Clifton Park area, we will be staying here again on our next trip!

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Seattle, Washington
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2011

I would never stay here again. I wish I had gone to the comfort suites instead. I was here for 2 days last month and have never had an experience like this. While i was here the national guard was here as well. My first thought was how great is that. Check in was really easy, the first night was quiet and i was so tired Ijust went to bed. When I woke up in the morning and went downstairs for breakfast (they have no elevator) the national gurad men and women were talking about bed bugs found in one of the rooms. I COULD NOT BELIEVE WHAT I HEARD! During our stay we did see an orkin truck in the parking lot so i do believe that they did have bed bugs in the hotel. The majority of the hotel is outdated. The price was right for me but not at the risk of bring bed bugs home. I checked out early and went to the comfort suites which was only $10.00 more ! The rooms, staff and simply everything was AMAZING. The comfort Inn was not worth the $99.00 I paid. I came home and threw out my suitcase and washed all my clothing in hot water a few times just to make sure that I wouldnt get bed bugs in my home.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business

Travellers are raving about these Clifton Park hotels

New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2011

Stayed at the comfort inn in Clifton Park for the holiday season, Hotel staff was very friendly, breakfast was included, and they had nice clean rooms. Houskeeping was friendly as well.. Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with family
Bangor, Maine
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2010

Let me start by saying that this Comfort Inn was comfortable and conveniently located for what I needed. But it did have some issues that could easily be addressed.

Check-in was easy and parking is convenient. Our room was on the second floor and the first thing we noticed was the odor of the second floor common area - it smelled smokey and somewhat musty. The room was clean and neat - we checked the bed first thing and did not see any evidence of dirt or critters (if you know what I mean). The air from the AC unit smelled musty on start-up and there was considerable visible dirt inside it. The room was dated, with an older style television that had standard cable (no guide or ability to order movies). The cable connection was loose causing some channels to have a low quality picture - I pressed the cable on tighter but it really needed a new connector. While there was a coffee pot, there was no fridge or microwave.

Other minor problems that popped up were room key cards that had to be reswiped at the front desk several times, inconsistent water pressure in the shower, and a broken ice machine on the second floor that had been partially taken apart but had no work performed during my three day stay.

One other thing - I needed to use the business center computer to print out an email but could not get it to connect to the internet. The front desk was busy on the phone and suggested I tell the maintenance person who was nearby. Unfortunately he was busy on his cell phone and wasn't much help. In the end I made other arrangements.

Now usually this would lead to a reccomendation that you pass this place by, but that's not the case. The things I mentioned were, in the grand scheme of things, minor issues (at least to me). The price here was lower than others in the area and the location was where I needed to be. It was clean for the most part and quiet at night. So all-in-all I would say that if you get a good price and can deal with the minor issues I've described, don't hesitate to stay here.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank bgrchip
shelton, CT
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2010

We made the reservation at 12:15 am on our way to Montreal to get some sleep. I did go to the wrong Comfort Inn I went to the Comfort Suites down the road. Wish I could have stayed there. Warning, this motel does not have an elevator. Hallway smelled musty and the room needed serious upgrading. We went to use the shower and there was mold on the shower head. I wanted to leave but we were so tired that we just stayed. The person at the reception was very nice and the breakfast was more than sufficient. The whole place needs an over haul. The vent in the dining area was covered with dust. I have really bad allergies and I woke up with my eyes burning. This was the first Choice Hotel that we have stayed at that we wish we hadn't.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
Freeland, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2010

Breakfast was awesome, Rooms were very clean and very welcoming, Staff was very informative and very helpful

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with friends
Atlanta
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2009

Enjoyed the races at Saratoga and stumbled upon this nice hotel . Great Pool. free breakfast

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with friends