“Disappointed”

Warfield's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Warfield's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Price range: US$6 - US$32
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Disappointed”
Reviewed 5 May 2014

For how pretty it is, and the price tag, I was expecting better. The prime rib was cold when it came out. Three of us. They took it back, reheated it but the flavor was off . I didn't see it said smoked, but we deduced it had liquid smilie poured on top, way too much. I couldn't eat it. The sorbet platter for dessert had a horrible one with basil. My friend didn't like all three kinds. They also got the strawberry salad, and for an eight dollar salad each, they ate it in like four forkfuls. We spent a lot of money for not a lot of quality.

• Visited May 2014

Irondequoit, New York
“You HAVE to eat here!”
Reviewed 26 April 2014

We also had a gift certificate from the now defunct Victor location and were pleased that it would be honored in Clifton Springs. We hopped in the car for a drive and were there in 45 min (from Rochester). What a beautiful room! What great service! And the food - OMG.

We started with the Thai curry mussels. I am not the biggest fan of mussels, but these were the tastiest most tender ones I have had in years. My husbands prime rib was smoked - we smoke things ourselves but never thought to do this. It was wonderful. Since we had the certificate I splurged and got the rack of lamb. It was also absolutely wonderful. Am I repeating myself? Sorry.

I can say that the chef that night was a little cautious with the meat rarity - we both ordered medium rare and both meats came more on the rare side. Better under than overcooked I guess - we have prime rib leftover so reheating it in this state would make it perfect. My dish came with mushroom risotto that was a bit thin with the mushroom flavor, but cooked to the right consistency. The prime rib came with a deep fried potato - crispy outside, smooth inside, interesting.

We didn't have room for dessert, but received a goody bag of cookies on our way out since they were to be closed the next two days and these would probably just be tossed. Wow were they good when we had them the next day.

This is one place that we will definitely recommend to anyone. We hope to get back there to try some of the other nice menu choices.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Daniebear
rochester
“Great restaurant”
Reviewed 22 March 2014

Typically when we find a good restaurant and return for a second time, some how the experience never seems as good as the original visit. Whether its the food or the service, parking, whatever, most restaurants just can't seem to maintain a level of consistency that warrants another encounter.

Not so Warfield's in Clifton Springs. We just returned from our for 6th or 7th time and realized that the food and service and décor just seems to get better and better ! Coupled with the fact that although Clifton Springs is a little bit of drive from our home in Pittsford, the prices are -20% less than comparable restaurants. What's there not to like ?

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank misterkeene
Finger Lakes NY
“Great Meal”
Reviewed 18 January 2014 via mobile

Lived our Meal. The Service was Excellent. The Prime Rib was very good. Atmosphere was exceptional. We loved that the tables were far enough apart to provide privacy.

1 Thank rarhode
Upstate N.Y.
“Holly Hostess and Server Tom. Just the start of a Truly Fine Dining Experience-”
Reviewed 12 January 2014

I haven't a clue why it has been so long since I have dined here. We were seated by a most charming hostess who actually engaged with us in some pleasant conversation and took on some bussing duties. Our server was pleasant, knowledgable, had a great sense of humor. Both were attentive without being intrusive.
I ordered the tasting menu and a fried oyster app, the best oysters I have ever had. Served with a mild horseradish cream and greens, the preperation of these oysters was superb. Other entres ordered were the salmon and the duck, both of which were magic. Side vegetables ( carrots, broccolli, brussels sprouts ) were all perfectly done and seasoned. My tasting menu selections included raw oysters, a goat cheeze tart, prime rib, and an assortment of desserts. The desserts were the only part of the meal i was not overwhelmed by. Every entre at our table is something I would reorder without reservation. The house-made bread and spread was also terrific.
With a bottle of good pinot, Irish whiskey, salad, coffee, desserts the tab for this meal was $173 w/o tip, well worth the price. I much look forward to returning soon.

• Visited January 2014