“Great weekend getaway”

Peek'n Peak Ski Area
Ranked #1 of 3 things to do in Clymer
More attraction details
Owner description: Variety of winter sports features downhill skiing, cross-country, snowboarding and tubing for all skill levels.
chagrin falls
69 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 177 helpful votes
“Great weekend getaway”
Reviewed 18 February 2013 via mobile

First time back in years. Had a great time with family. Pros: variety of slopes, quick lifts, little wait time . Staff very friendly. Alpine ambiance. Can bring own food drink to main lodge. Ski pkgs good value. Ski school for kids well run & gives parents chance to enjoy slopes while kids in ski school.
Cons: confusing set up upon arrival. (sign up for kids in diff area than adults - so had to wait in 2 lines). Read website before you go to know what pkgs you want. Staff was friendly, but did not offer best deal - I knew because looked over website first. Also, prices high in lodge for food. ($3 yogurt, $6 sm pizza). Pack your own. Just try to get a table early in day.
All in all, great weekend - cant wait to go back!

Cleveland, Ohio
62 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 88 helpful votes
“OK day trip, but nothing more.”
Reviewed 18 February 2013

Enjoyed a day trip, but slopes can't compare to a resort east of here. "Black Diamonds" are more like Greens and Blues. No challenges. Terrain Park is cute and has its appeal to the younger and more daring set.
Lift operators have no clue how to swing a chair. Thought I was hit by a bus a few times and have the bruises to prove it. Watch out for small children and elderly in the lift load areas.
Stayed in the hotel a year ago, and the service was terrible. Heard from a friend that it is best to pay extra for the renovated section and steer clear of the older section, but I would rather drive the extra minutes east to a better resort.

Visited February 2013
1 Thank Ohio_traveler_46
ohio
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 74 helpful votes
“Lots of snow, great time.”
Reviewed 10 February 2013 via mobile

Lots of fresh snow, great conditions led to a good day of skiing. Good terrain and nice runs. Surprisingly uncrowded for a Saturday.

Hudson, Ohio
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Under New Management....Beware!”
Reviewed 16 January 2013

Our family has been going to Peek'n Peak for years and from our experience, it's always been customer driven. Although it's not a large ski resort, it's convenient and friendly; up until this year.
We had rain checks for lift tickets from a previously year that they would not honor because "the management had changed". The name is the same and the person who issued the rainchecks was still an employee. We stay at their condos when we visit and we eat at their restaurant; bad business in my opinion.
Formerly they would issue you a lift ticket for your entire stay; tickets were also available in the restaurant nearest the condos. Not anymore; I was informed that each morning we would need to walk 4 buildings down and stand in line to get tickets. I asked about the 3 day pass, they said "they were all sold out"...now why would they be sold out of 3 days passes but not daily ones? The first day, when I checked in, no one let us know the new rules so we all geared up for skiing and had to walk in our ski boots 1/2 to get tickets.
The ski lift operators did not hold the chair when you were getting on the chair and my husband has a huge black & blue calf from ankle to knee from the chair bashing into his leg.
The restaurant, that was once awesome with excellent food is now average at best. You can tell the food isn't fresh but rather packaged or frozen. We ordered sushi grade tuna and the texture was like shoe leather, very dry and tasteless but looked freshly grilled. The chicken sandwich reminded me of chicken nuggets..not a real breast of chicken and the pasta my son ordered tasted like frozen Stouffers.
We checked out early in the morning. My husband had the flu and I was anxious to depart. I took the keys to the front desk but no one was there. I saw a women talking in the foyer but had no idea that she was the front desk person. She made eye contact with me and I watched her talk and waited approximately 5 minutes. She saw me looking for someone but ignored me. Then, when she stepped back behind the desk, I realized that "she" was the employee. I couldn't believe she was purposely ignoring me.
I think the employees are unhappy with the new management.. I know I am.
I will spend the extra hour and go to Holiday Valley or Seven Springs for my next ski trip.

Visited January 2013
4 Thank CIhmels
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Great for young families”
Reviewed 30 December 2012

I skied here for many years. It's a place where you can ski, have fun and not worry that the people in your group will get lost. The slopes are not too difficult. The instructors for lessons are wonderful. The hotel has an amazing Sunday brunch.