“Great beginner ski resort, ideal for families”

Peek'n Peak Ski Area
Ranked #1 of 3 things to do in Clymer
More attraction details
Owner description: Variety of winter sports features downhill skiing, cross-country, snowboarding and tubing for all skill levels.
Reviewed 24 March 2013

Loved the groomed runs and quality/quantity of beginner and intermediate slopes. Our son had a private lesson and I feel like it was well worth it as the instructor pushed him to succeed. We'll be back!

1  Thank shamrockcb

Reviewed 23 March 2013

I visited Peek’n Peak for the first time along with my kids who had never skied before. My kids enrolled in the Learn to Ski program which was a very good value and learn to ski they did. The facilities to learn skiing here are much better in my opinion than the ski resorts closer to our home. Their instructor was patient and offered excellent instruction and encouragement. My kids were very happy with the instructor and now love to ski. With the kids learning, I did not get much of a chance to ski the other slopes but what I did experience makes me want to drive the extra distance to return. I found the rental equipment to be new and in good working order. The ski lodge does show signs of heavy usage and the food, while ok, was overpriced like all resorts. Overall, we had a great time and we look forward to returning now that my kids are hooked on skiing as well.

Reviewed 22 March 2013

It's a great place for families, size is great for beginners as well as intermediate skiers and boarders. Not the hugest hills, but find the locals; they know how to make the ride fun. Great Snowsports School if you're looking for lessons at any level from beginner to park riding. They have also really picked up their game on the terrain parks adding features over the past 10 years. When they get a good fresh snow the woods are a great ride. Golf courses are good in the summer months as well. Also, a fun and challenging mini-golf course. Food is decent in the hotel.

Reviewed 14 March 2013

Had never been to pnp before and decided to take the family up for the weekend. From Pittsburgh it was a 2 1/2 drive and very easy! We stayed in the Holiday Inn Express that was only 4 miles away because the Inn was sold out. This place was ideal....pool, great breakfast and standard rooms. Saturday we woke up and headed to ski. We have 3 boys (7,5,5) and the only downside is that the ski school does not accept reservations so you have to be there early to ensure a spot. We arrived before 9 and had no problem. It is so easy! You pull right up to the lodge and unload and then parking is very close and easy. The boys took a half-day lesson (very reasonably priced) and we enjoyed the morning skiing alone. We met the boys for lunch and they enjoyed their lesson and then we all enjoyed an afternoon of skiing together. It was not overly crowded and there were plenty of nice blues to enjoy as a family. We had dinner at a local place "French Creek Tavern" and then my husband and oldest son headed back over for some night skiing. Sunday we decided to tube at pnp before heading back to Pittsburgh. Overall I would say it was easy, not too expensive, and worth the money!

Reviewed 26 February 2013

The Peek. What can one say. It is a very, very nice resort. Not only nice for skiing in the winter, but nice year round facility. Under new management. A lot of upgrading. The place is beautiful. Sunday brunch is out of this world. A little pricey, but no more than most resorts. A great place to learn to ski for all ages. Lots to do here. Beautiful setting. Highly recommend to all.