“Great Experience!”

The Inn at the Peak
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Clymer
Reviewed 19 January 2013

Just got back from a midweek stay at the Inn at Peek-N-Peak and had a great overall experience. Our room was very clean and beautifully decorated. Had we known there was a fridge and microwave in the room we would have packed some extra food for lunch/snacks to save a few $$. The staff was very helpful and friendly and the food we had in the dining room and pub were excellent. (great burgers in the pub!) The kitchen does close early midweek (9;00 pm) it seems to be based on business-so pack some food/snacks if you are checking in late. It seems the top priority in remodeling the Inn were the rooms which were very tasteful and hopefully they will be updating the public areas/lobby/restaurant. We had a really nice stay.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank tagexperiencee

Reviewed 14 January 2013 via mobile

My wife and I took our 2 children and 2 of their friends to Peek N Peak for an overnight ski getaway. We stayed at the Inn. The staff we came in contact were very friendly and helpful. However, the Inn itself is very old and worn. We stayed in a second floor room with a loft that slept 6. The room was fairly small for 6 people. Not enough room for everyone to sit around and watch tv together at night. Kind of uncomfortable. It did have a fridge and microwave but not a lot of room to put wet jackets, snow pants, etc. room was kind of musty smelling. The worst part was the heating unit. It sits above the door to go out to the private porch. Heat rises, which made the upstairs unbearably hot while the first floor was freezing. It would have made much more sense to have the heater on the first floor!! The whole hotel was like this. We had to climb 2 flights of stairs, then down 1 flight to get to our room. Didn't make a lot of sense. Old and inefficient is the best way to describe the place. We paid $298 for an overnight stay that included skiing for 4 people and a $30 food credit. Probably will not be back. Holiday Valley is much nicer for close to the same price. On a positive note, the food in the pub inside the inn was very good. One of the best hamburgers I've had in a while.

• Stayed: January 2013
4  Thank 6Hotellover9
Reviewed 9 January 2013

The check in person was rude and told me no room was available, but gave one to my husband seconds later when he asked. i was given $30 vouchers for food to use on each night, but when I ordered food, two different people told me to give them to the front desk on checkout and the money would be deducted. When I attempted to do as instructed, the woman checking me out became quite rude and did not want to take the money off of my bill. Each server in the restaurant was extremely rude all weekend and one even yelled at us for trying to sit down after getting food at the breakfast buffet. Every table in the restaurant was covered with dirty dishes and she then told us to move some chairs to make room. She actually yelled at another family to leave because she couldn't handle any more people. It was a Sunday morning, and there were only about 3 other families in the entire restaurant. The buffet was horrible with a tiny selection of cold waffles and french toast sticks. The "brunch buffet" is apparently better, but also $30 per person and doesn't start until 10:45. I ended up getting coffee from a little coffee shop next to the restaurant because the waitress never visited our table. The renovations are just average. the bathrooms are still dirty and they allow smoking right across the hall from non-smoking rooms, so everytime you open the door all you smell is smoke. I really wish the service and rooms were better. This is a convenient resort for us to ski and a perfect size for my kids, but I would rather drive just a little further down the road to Holiday Valley. The Tamarack Club there is really nice.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
7  Thank Familyvaca_13
Reviewed 9 January 2013

We have been going to Peek-n-Peak for years.It was 2 years ago that we last visited before coming here in early January 2013.The resort has changed ownership so some things have changed.The food quality has declined.The Sunday Brunch used to be outstanding now it is very good.....some of the other eateries have also limited their menus,but we were also told by a waitress that the resort was looking into expanding the offerings...so perhaps this will improve.I can not say enough praises for the ski school and the Kids Learning Center!Anyone with children wanting to learn how to ski or even improve on existing skills will find this a must.The instructors are phenomenal!Our little one loved the experience and learned so much that he was paralleling after one day! my wife and I always take a private lesson each time we come up and learn so much.This is truly a GREAT place for families.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank wap4172
Reviewed 3 December 2012

My family and I stayed in a a room in the manor house for 3 nights over Thanksgiving. Having visited the resort many times in the past, this first overnight stay was a delightful experience.
The pool facility was excellent, and its a total plus that it stays open late on the weekends.
The bar is a very cool place to grab a warm drink, hot cocoa or otherwise.
The resort would have been much more fun if we hadn't been there during an 'off' season, between golf and snow, but it was still worth it.
When you're in town, you HAVE TO visit The French Creek Tavern and French Creek General Store, that are right up the street and great local busninesses. The food and service at both locations are out of this world. Its a great break from big box places.
Beautiful scenery and a nice getaway from the hustle and bustle of city life.

Room Tip: The first floor rooms have great outside access, if you're there to ski.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank katoe
Reviewed 8 November 2012

I stayed at Peek'n Peak Oct 19-21st for a wedding weekend.
After traveling 6+ hours to get to the resorty from my home town, Peek'n Peak was a nice place to relax at.
I stayed in the Inn section of the resort. The rooms appeared to be newly renovated. They look exactly as pictured on the website. The hallways were dated but I am sure they will renovate them
The beds were comfortable. The rooms were spacious. The bathrooms are a bit tight, however, they do have a shower/bath combo.
Ironing board/iron, coffemaker, microwave and hairdryer in each room.
The views are nice at the resort from each room, attached is a picture of the view from my room.
There is an indoor pool and and a indoor/outdoor hot tub which is also pictured in this review.
overall, this resort is highly recommended by me.
If you are a golf or ski enthusiast, this is the place for you!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Chad M
Reviewed 25 October 2012

My wife and I went to Peek N Peak for their Fall Festival and get-away weekend.
The festival had many craft vendors selling their wares, there was a wide selection of vendor from the homemade craft items, to the local winery's selling their wines and cheeses, to the local farms selling their fresh fruits and vegetables.
We enjoyed riding on the horse drawn wagon that was transporting people between the different venues and parking areas.
They had several good bands providing entertainment throughout the day that we throughly enjoyed.
One thing that seemed to be new this year was they were running the ski lifts up the mountain giving you a fantastic view of all the beautiful fall foliage.
I think one of my favorite things was the "pumpkin cannon" that they were using to shoot pumpkins at a target up on the mountain side, but maybe that was a guy thing.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank RJ_from_PA
Also consider these accommodations in or near Clymer
Holiday Inn Express Findley Lake
#5 of 6 in Chautauqua
Red Roof Inn Erie
Red Roof Inn Erie
#6 of 38 in Erie

Been to The Inn at the Peak? Share your experiences!