“Resort rooms remodeled”

The Inn at the Peak
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Clymer
Reviewed 31 March 2014 via mobile

On our recent trip to peek n peak I was pleasantly surprised to find remodeled rooms. The rooms were very tastefully done. They are spacious and the bathrooms were modern and very clean. From the outside the resort still has an old world charm but the inside was very comfortable. The food at the resort is very good and there is good variety. My only negative is that bands in the bar begin playing very early and it is a little loud for my personal taste. The indoor pool is huge, great indoor/outdoor hot tub and great recreation room to play in.

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank kjt87
PKNPK, Public Relations Manager at The Inn at the Peak, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2014

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. We're glad you enjoyed your stay at the resort. Hope you'll visit us this summer and check out our brand new Aerial Adventure Ropes Course!

Reviewed 14 March 2014

We had a wonderful time , my kids learned to ski for the first time. John ,the ski instructor ,
was great. He kept my son interested and entertained throughout the whole lesson!
He loved the experience. My husband and I enjoyed all the amenities, swimming pool, hot tub and restaurant too. Thank you for a memorable week.

1  Thank Maddi S
Reviewed 14 March 2014

The staff is fantastic. Shawn the GM was very helpful and every where we went the staff was amazing. Lift operators, waitstaff in the ballroom, etc. The place is a little dated, but rustic. The pool is larger then the pictures show. The balcony room was fantastic, being able to see and hear the kids watching tv while you relaxed on the bed was really nice. The downside of the balcony suite was that the double room has thin doors. I actually could hear the people next to me and one of the snored loud enough to wake me up. Only other downside was there was NO ELEVATOR, we had a lot of luggage for a ski weekend. We all know for a ski trip you pack a lot more clothes then when you are going to beach. However, the staff and experience is about the elevator, we had a great time for a quick weekend away from Cleveland. Great outdoor patio for winter. 2 big fire pits and other heating devices. Nice pub and shuttle service. Shawn and your staff....I didn't know how to thank you so I figured we should brag about the service.

Room Tip: Balcony Room
Reviewed 8 March 2014

we stayed fri 3/7 and checked out sat 3/8

3/7 was great skiing for our 11 yr old dd. hardly anyone there at all! temps were great! no lines at all. she had a great time! her and a friend and dh did tubing and loved it also!

now. to the inn. it is old and has had many changes in hands over the yrs....it is just tired. it is fine. but, tired. super clean which is a true positive!

the main bar is sooooo dark and dreary!!! the daytime bartender did make some killer grey gooses!!!! my they were good!!!

menu has something for everyone. just don't expect out of this world food. the service is super slow all over the resort.

what is up with the heat in the rooms???? it is soooooo super did I mention super HOT!!!!! crazy hot. ridiculous!

pool and hottub area is great for the kiddos before bed!

nice touch that you can get food delivered to the pool area.

went to the lodge at the retreat for the first time. do NOT order drinks..beer, ok. drinks...no way. the goos tonic I got was nasty. no way it was goose. and, sooo much tonic. gross. service in the bar there is awful almost non existent.

its too bad. rundown and so tired. '

it is just fine for a night or 2. but that's it. imho.

Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

This is a nice place to stay if you want to do outdoor activities. The king room we had was average and the bed was comfortable. The walls are so thin we could hear anything said in the hall. We had a nice time in the bar listening to live music. I have been to the spa in the past and enjoyed that. We went to eat at Pine Junction nearby and it was a nice experience they have an outdoor fire and a nice beer selection. A lot of snowmobiles were there stopping in for dinner. I would go back for sure to stay at the Peek or dine at Pine Junction.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 February 2014

Towel and garbage service was great. Had to request wood for wood burning fireplace (can you believe it? Titally expected gas). Another nice thing is that I did not have to clean the condo after using it like I have in the past when renting privately. The wood was wet or something because although we tried hard our fire kept going out. Bummer. The carpet in the living area was in need of being replaced. We had a wasted bed in the master bedroom noone could use becasue my husband and I slept in one bed, and didn't care to have our grown children or Mother-In-Law in the bed next to us. Yes, they say it slept twelve people because of a futon, and a pull out couch (couch cushions were all sunken in), but really it only slept six people comfortabley with an empty bed in the master bedroom. It was not visually appealing and I didn't want to walk on it without wearing socks. The condo was generally beat. When sitting on the toilet you could see dust all over the bathroom vanity. It was not cleaned well. The price was reasonable, but would have preferred to pay more for a nicer condo. We requested a condo we stayed at in the past next to the chairlift, and were told we would be in that condo, but we were not! So so accommodations!

Room Tip: Ask lots of questions when booking condos, especially about sleeping accomodations, and type of fire...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 February 2014

My husband surprised be with a long get-away weekend for my 50th birthday. We enjoyed ourselves most of the weekend. The grounds are beautiful. HOWEVER, house cleaning never freshened up our room. When my husband inquiried on two separate occassions, the front desk staff was not surprised and did not apoligize. We had to ask for fresh towels. Also, our dinner at the Regency Pub arrived cold. Our server was quick to take our drink & appetizer order and delivered them promptly, but our dinners did not. From appetizer to dinner, we waited at least 30 minutes. If the dinners would have arrived hot, we would have been fine with the wait, but this just told us she forgot! LOVED the spa! Friendly, prompt, and courteous. Great job. Also A+ for the breakfast buffet. Delicious.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Sheila D
Also consider these accommodations in or near Clymer
Holiday Inn Express & Suites North East
Holiday Inn Express Findley Lake
Sheraton Erie Bayfront Hotel
The Spencer Hotel and Spa
The Spencer Hotel and Spa
#5 of 6 in Chautauqua
Courtyard by Marriott Erie Bayfront
SpringHill Suites Erie

Been to The Inn at the Peak? Share your experiences!