Fosterdale Motor Lodge(Closest To Bethel Woods)
US$194
Average 3/5
US$110
Roscoe Motel(Roscoe)
Good 3.5/5
All reviewsstayed herethe location is perfectget awayconcertjoeaccommodations
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 October 2012

This was the closest accommodation we could find to the Woodstock site. It is a little dated but is clean and reasonably priced. We stayed in an upstairs room. There was no breakfast available but they did have a laundry which was handy. It served its purpose.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Leighae54
fmlodge, Manager at Fosterdale Motor Lodge(Closest To Bethel Woods), responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2013

Thank you for your feedback and yes, we are only 4.5 miles to the entrance to Bethel Woods. All our air-conditioned rooms have free Wi-Fi so that your will always be "connected".
Thanks again and hope to see you at one of the upcoming Concerts for the 2013 schedule.

Reviewed 8 September 2012

I have stayed at this place about six times whenever I was in the area. It is the best. The rooms are really clean and the landscape is beautiful. The staff is really friendly and helpful, especially Joe. I loved it so much the first few times that I stayed that I took a spontaneous trip there just to get away from the city for a couple of days. I don't usually write reviews for businesses but I was so thrilled with finding this place that I wanted to help the next person find this gem. It is a wonderful place run by wonderful people . I can't see anyone having any legitimate negative statements about this place. I would strongly suggest staying at the fosterdale motor lodge if you are ever in the area.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Lizzy S

Thank you for you positive feedback. We have been in business for over 25 years and our job is to make sure your stay with us is a pleasant one.
Thanks again,

Reviewed 3 September 2012

The only saving grace for this shabby, willingly run down lodge is its proximity to Bethel Woods. First, the nightly rate of over $170. with an alleged "discount" for concert attendance at Bethel Woods is outrageous.The pillows and sheets stunk of mildew so much that each morning after a fretful night's sleep, I had a throbbing headache. There were no cups to use in the morning when brushing one's teeth; the towels were so worn that one could see right through them; their exterior was as rough as sandpaper. The blanket on one bed had a twelve inch hole in it. There was no tissue box nor was there even a tiny bit of shampoo in the four by four shower. Oh, and the shower vacillated from scalding to cold in a minute or so.
When I brought these facts to the attention of the owner, a surly man with an antagonistic attitude, he immediately said, "I know, you want your money back," to which I replied that I had made no mention of a reimbursement; I was just giving him feedback on the deplorable state of his establishment. He walked away from me. I told him he should be ashamed about everything at his lodge from the exorbitant price to the ghetto like furnishings.

Room Tip: Avoid the place entirely
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
6  Thank richieo1948

Sorry that your stay with us wasn't a pleasant one for you. As a small lodging facility in business for over 25 years, we depend on our guests being in a clean, comfortable, quiet room. In the future, please report any issues with us so that we can solve them immediately.

Reviewed 3 April 2012

Wonderful efficiency! Joe is extremely accomodating at the front desk. No need to pay extra money at nearby "resorts": stay here and enjoy your own home near Bethel Woods!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank John A

Thank you for the positive comments. We are extremely happy that your stay was a pleasant one. Stay well and hope to see you again soon.
Joe and the Staff of the Fosterdale Motor Lodge

Reviewed 19 June 2011

A local recommended this place to us, and no wonder because it is great. Joe, the proprieter, is friendly and can give great tips on what to do in the area. They are a "green" facility and have a lovely garden with varieties of grasses, bushes and flowers panted everywhere.

The rooms are situated in 3 buildings. One has kitchenettes; one has a mini-fridge in the room; and one has a large community fridge on the porch. There are free charcoal grills for anyone to use, and a nice lawn to picnic or walk on.

Free wireless; very clean; AC; limited satellite TV.

They are open year round. One year we went up on Christmas Day and we made our reservations ahead of time. Joe asked what time we would be there and he made sure the heat was on, and the key was inside the room we were assigned because they would not be there as it was Xmas.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple