I booked this room through Expedia based solely on the description and the rate. It stated that it was 5 miles from the airport, offered a free airport shuttle and complimentary breakfast in the morning. Since the rate was under $60, I booked it immediately.
I was stuck at the airport and called the hotel to have the shuttle come get me. I was told that the shuttle only runs from 8am-5pm (it was 7:15pm when I called) and that I'd have to take a cab. I told the representative that I'd like to cancel the reservation in that case, since I booked it mostly because of the shuttle. I was then told I couldn't cancel because I booked through Expedia and I was going to get charged no matter what. I had no choice but to keep the room.
After a $20 cab ride, I arrived at the hotel and asked for a cab to be called for me in the morning. I was then told all about the free breakfast, but then it was explained the breakfast wasn't served until after I left. Then why tell me?
But the best part was the cab ride that next morning. Apprently Albany has some kind of cab company called "Rude Cab Company" that is supposed to be a novelty. This was the company they called to pick me up at 5am. And the name says it all. The driver did not open the door or offer to help with my luggage. He payed loud, obnoxious music the whole time, and there was no meter in the vehicle. He simply pulled up to the curb and said "Twenty dollars."
So I spent $40 on cab rides to a hotel that charged me less than $60 for the room. I can't believe that a hotel would think it was good customer service to use a transportation compnay called "Rude Cab Company, " and it blows me away that they can advertise something they don't always offer.
I would not reccomend this hotel to anyone- unless you like spending a lot of money to be treated poorly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Newly renovated (May 2013) Latham area hotel with 125 rooms offering complimentary hot breakfast buffet, free Wi-Fi, & free parking. All rooms have refrigerators, microwaves,& 32" Hi-Def flat Screen TVs with premium sports/movie/music stations. Enjoy our large outdoor pool & spacious, well-equipped fitness center. 2 meeting rooms on 1st floor. Great central location bewteen Albany, Saratoga, Troy & Schenectady. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Choice Hotels, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Comfort Inn Latham/Albany North reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Stay Inn Albany Latham Hotel Cohoes
- Hampton Inn Cohoes
- Cohoes Hampton Inn
- Hampton Inn Albany Latham