“Won't be returning”

Black Cat Ale House
Ranked #28 of 38 Restaurants in Cohoes
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Came here myself for a drink on a Friday night. I guess if they don't know you, you might have a hard time getting that drink from the bartender. Not a lot of patrons, and most seemed in a surly mood. I finally got my beer, punched it down, and hit the road...

5  Thank bifloman

Reviewed 5 May 2014

My husband and I went for lunch the other day. The staff were very friendly and the food was average. We had a turkey club and a hot turkey sandwich. Both were good. The atmosphere is very outdated and very dusty! Otherwise we had a nice lunch.

3  Thank Smilesbeau
Reviewed 14 December 2012

Black Cat Ale House is an above average neighborhood tavern. The staff have always been welcoming. The chow and drinks have been very good and affordable. I'd recommend for lunch and dinner for sure.

1  Thank shoeindynutz29
Reviewed 13 May 2012

The dinner we had at this place validated Murphy's Law in ways I never anticipated. When the waitress arrived to take our order, we were told that the first items we ordered were no longer available. So we searched for backup items. I ordered their super burger with sweet potato fries. Two of my friends ordered chicken breast stuffed with crab and covered with melted provolone. Another friend ordered chicken marsala. In addition we ordered wine and water, which appeared at the table in reasonable time. Eventually the dishes started arrving. My burger was plunked down, but with regular fries rather than the sweet potato fries that I ordered. Apologies were made, but no offer was made to bring out the sweet potato fries. Next came the chicken with crab. Then came an apology that the chicken marsala did not get made. The friend was offered a free salad while she waited for the chicken to come out. As I started working on my fries, I opened the ketchup bottle to find old ketchup gunky and cruddy around the mouth. Then my friends started cutting into the chicken and soon discovered that the crab was the cheapest, fishy tasting substance imaginable. Not once did the waitress come back to see if we needed any more water. About the time we were finishing up, the chicken marsala arrived. It was basically chicken with a brown gravy with a little marsala stirred into it. We all concluded we would not be coming back to this place again.

2  Thank Beeper99_12
Reviewed 31 January 2012

Find your way there once and you will return again and again.

1  Thank Phred711