“Consistently awesome”

Guptill's Coney Express Ice Cream
Ranked #1 of 1 Dessert in Cohoes
Price range: US$3 - US$10
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: Cash Only, Free Off-Street Parking, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Serving the Capital Region since 1995 with the best most super premium ice cream available. 80 flavors of hard and soft ice cream and hard and soft yogurt. You won't find a larger selection anywhere! We have 9 serving windows and strive to have the fastest and friendliest service anywhere. Waffle cones, waffle bowls, wafer cones, sugar cones, dream cones, sundae's, shakes, flurries, all made with the best ice cream in the area. A huge parking lot with plenty of parking and plenty of outdoor seating. We are a seasonal ice cream stand open from middle March through the beginning of November. Located on route 9 next to the world famous Guptill's Rollerskating Arena since 1951.
“Consistently awesome”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

I've been here about 5 times now and it has yet to disappoint. Consistently friendly service, huge selection.

Try the orange sherbet/vanilla soft serve twist and the malt shakes.

1 Thank rainking61

“Never again”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014

Over-priced.
Stewart's has better hard ice cream.
Have been getting the same thing here for the last 5 years. Which I learned tonight they no longer carry.
I was not made aware of that though until I paid too much for what I thought was my normal order. I order soft serve banana ice cream. I paid for apparently "hard ice cream", which was no impressive, at all.
When I then again made her aware that I did indeed order soft ice cream she said we don't make that flavor anymore in the soft serve and handed me the cone and walked away. Lovely.
All she had to do was tell me that in the beginning and I would have made the appropriate adjustment to my order which would not have been hard banana ice cream.
Clearly I should not expect anything less then mediocre service from a bunch of girls barely out of junior high and working unsupervised.

• Visited July 2014
3 Thank JA C
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Good ice cream and lots of choices”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014

Now that it's summer my husband and I are constantly craving ice cream. Guptill's Coney Express is the closest ice cream spot to our home. I do like the soft ice cream, but I prefer Kurver's more. My husband loves the hard ice cream, he recommends anything with peanut butter in it.

Beware, this establishment does not take credit cards. There is an ATM out front, but I imagine the fees are quite high.

• Visited June 2014
Roanoke, Virginia
“Peanut Butter Pie Ice Cream”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2014

The best ice cream I have had in a long time. There were so many choices that I wanted to go back and try more. They had ice cream and yogurt. Friendly staff and nice outdoor sitting area. Definitely stop here if you are in the Cohoes area!

• Visited May 2014
“Excellent Ice Cream!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014

I'll preface this review by saying that I love ice cream. Not soft-serve or yogurt or any other varieties---but hard ice cream, and the more interesting the flavor the better (usually).

The quality & variety of Guptill's flavors of hard ice cream is wonderful. They have all of the classics (vanilla, chocolate, strawberry, etc...), but also lots of unique and very fun flavors. PB Caramel Cookie Dough? Peanut Butter Pie? Chocolate Salted Caramel Pretzel? Moose tracks? They have a long list of flavors that can't be found elsewhere, or at least in most elsewheres.

The location is great for relaxing, too...lots of open space to walk around (or sit down) while enjoying your ice cream.

As with most of the other roadside ice cream places in the area, prices aren't cheap. Ice cream can run from about $2.50 for the smallest size to over $7.00 for some of the more massive sundae options. I usually order a waffle cone with 2 scoops of 2 flavors, which runs about $5.50. It's not cheap, but it's a treat I really enjoy once and a while.

Customer service is good---they serve quickly and accurately and move quickly enough to prevent a huge line from forming. I'd recommend this to anyone in the area looking for good ice cream (or other frozen goodies) and looking for lots of quality homemade options.

• Visited May 2014