“excellent quiet weekend retreat”
Review of Pig Hill Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cold Spring
Pig Hill Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Cold Spring B&B and Inns
Washington Dc, District Of Columbia
“excellent quiet weekend retreat”
Reviewed 4 May 2014

If you wish to get away, rest, chill out, and stay in a idillic Old Styled Inn... this is it. Managed by Vera from Checkoslovakia, it is a true beauty. Just 6 rooms. Beautiful decor, generous breakfast in an indoor patio served by Dave.

Room Tip: Any, just pick your decor.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Daniel B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Reviewed 2 April 2014 via mobile

We recently stay at the Pig Hill Inn for a birthday weekend. I booked the Tranquility room. The room was appointed as advertised: king sized bed, stove type fire place, Jacuzzi tub in the bathroom. Everything was nice. I'm new to the B&B experience, so I usually find these places a little over done with all the era specific charm. Pig Hill is in the normal range for this type of accommodation.
Everything was clean and comfortable. The bed was not to my comfort level, I felt very aware of the inner springs. But bed comfort is a very person specific quality. I certainly slept fine. I thought the room would be a little larger, it felt very tight. The windows faced the street, we had no trouble with street noise as we were on the 3 floor and it was cold so the windows were closed mostly. The little stove was great. It is stocked daily with an easy to light duraflame type log. The windows on the stove allow the fire to be seen and enjoyed.
Everyone on the staff was friendly and welcoming. The people that attended to guests at breakfast were very nice. They explained what was being served each day and brought fresh fruit and pastry as well as coffee and juice. Both breakfasts that we had were thoroughly enjoyable unrushed and completely satisfying. There was a pie or cake set out each afternoon for guests to help themselves. And hot water for tea was available throughout the day.
Parking was no problem. We enjoyed a very nice meal at the Hudson House which is a few blocks from the inn. This inn is very accessible from the Metro North RR stop in Cold Spring, so for those coming from NYC without a car its an easy walk from the train to the inn.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank NYNY1
Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed 1 April 2014

It was marvelous! I loved to stay at this lovely and charming B&B . Vera - the owner is fantastic ! During all day and night a delicious cake/ pie and hot tea are available for all the guests. Cold Spring is a small, charming village on Hudson Valley. It's a nice place for a getaway! All the tourists and New Yorkers have to take this experience, a long of the way a beautiful scenery invite all to relax! I strongly recommended this place to stay!

Room Tip: The third floor rooms are more private and quieter!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank MONIKAMS
Reviewed 14 March 2014

The pig hill in was fantastic. Excellent customer service without being too pushy. The room was cozy and quaint exactly what we were looking for. Breakfast was delicious and had a taste of everything. Dave took excellent care of us and made us feel special even though it was the off season. Perfect getaway from the city for a couple days.

Room Tip: The morning ivy was great and has a private bathroom and a fireplace
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Stephanie P
Reviewed 5 March 2014

I did not get the chance to stay at this property. I had booked a 2 night stay in February for our wedding anniversary. I was 8 months pregnant at the time and had to cancel for unforeseen circumstances. I had emailed my cancellation weeks before and then called 2 weeks before to confirm my cancellation. Apparently, my cancellation was never received. I was scolded like a child on the phone for not calling earlier because people had wanted to book the room. I specifically asked if I would be charged for the room and was told no (even though the woman on the phone was one of the rudest people I have ever spoken to). I just checked my February credit card statement and I was charged for one of the nights. I called to talk to the inn and after explaining the situation I was immediately asked VERY rudely by a new person "well did you cancel two weeks before your stay?" YES I responded. I was told to call back and speak to the owner because he couldn't help me.

Overall I am just so disappointed with everything involved with this inn. Usually my husband and I love to stay at inns because usually the people who work there are so friendly and make such a great experience. I have to say I am glad we saved ourselves the trip the Cold Spring because if the stay would have been anything like dealing with the customer service I'm sure we would have been extremely unhappy.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank KReid217
sydney
Reviewed 10 January 2014

Loved this place! Great location in this tiny, picturesque town, nice room and management was helpful and friendly. Excellent breakfast with gluten-free options on request. We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank sydneylady49
New York City
Reviewed 25 November 2013

I was looking for a warm, cozy place get away after proposing to my fiance, and the Pig Hill Inn was excellent. The wood burning stove and pre-placed bottle of champagne with glasses, as well as the aged (but clean and sturdy) feel of the place was exactly what I was looking for.

Vera (inn keeper) was gracious, accommodating, and very friendly, as were the rest of the staff. Breakfast was filling and delicious, with good coffee as well. It's in a good location, seconds from the Hudson House, which is great for a nice dinner, steps away from the Hudson river, and right in the center of a lively little down with a lot of other dining/shopping options.

Highly recommended, across the board.

Room Tip: Don't miss out on the wood burning stoves (I don't think all rooms have it).
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Peekskill - Hudson Valley
No photo provided
Countryside Motel
#1 of 1 in Cold Spring

Been to Pig Hill Inn? Share your experiences!