“Company event: Perfect for nature lovers”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Subic Bay Freeport Zone
Grande Island Resort
Luzon, Philippines
“Company event: Perfect for nature lovers”
Reviewed 6 August 2013

The marvelous feature of this resort is the serene environment and the beauty of nature that lies in the island. Being a nature lover, I was mesmerized with the number of birds I saw at dawn and late in the afternoon, this island is a bird sanctuary. The white sand at the shoreline was so beautiful. There is not so much night life like living in the metro, but their Entertainment group (Grande Island Sessionistas?) were enticing. It was surprisingly amazing to know that the singers are also employees in the resort. The group has all-in-one package with looks, talent, and customer service. We felt a bit disappointed that we had to leave the next day because of tight schedule, we were not able to tour the historical sites in the island. Most of us will surely go back to bring our families in that paradise.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
6 Thank jen s

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Oslo, Norway
Reviewed 28 July 2013

I have been to Subic many times before and I have to say I am impressed by the friendliness of the staff at this resort. However, good service can only compensate for so much. If the amenities are poor, the stay will still be not as enjoyable.

Our room had exposed electrical circuits, it was missing a shower door and the lighting was really bad. Internet was a hit and miss. The swimming pool was huge, but dirty. There was some moss growing on the pool floor and when it surfaces it made the pool look really unappetizing.

The worst surprise came when our air condition broke at 2am and the heat caused my sister to have an asthma attack. To our shock and disbelief, the entire resort at this time was unmanned! The front desk was dark and closed, NONE of the numbers listed on the phone worked, NOT EVEN THE EMERGENCY NUMBER! Luckily my sister's asthma attack eventually subsided, but imagine if someone suffers a heart attack or another medical emergency at this time of the night. It could have been a major disaster.

I only hope that the resort is properly staffed during peak season, but if they cannot keep the same level of service during off season then they should just leave the resort closed and not accept any more guests during the low months.

But having said all this the resort still has potential. The food is good and the staff, when they are there, are very friendly and accommodating. INSIST on going to the beach at the back of the island as this is the prettiest.

Room Tip: It is probably best to avoid this resort during the low season.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank hectorjr
Las Pinas, Philippines
Reviewed 4 May 2013

We went here for the company outing. The island is just okay, the water is very clear. The shoreline is really short. Not enough shower rooms, toilets smells bad and clogged. The lagoon looks abandoned. The swimming pool is not attractive. But the staffs are friendly and helpful. I hope the management will do something about this.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank ces168
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed 23 April 2013

Me and my Family had been to Grande Island Resort thrice, at three consecutive years and with those time we had visited the island there are a lot of differences from each other of course the first two years are great but the third one, it was horrible and we were very disappointed.
By the way the 1st time we had to Grande Island Resort was February 2011, the 2nd was April 2012 and the 3rd was April 2013.

All that i Can say, people are coming back to this resort because of only few reasons, and its not because of the hotel facilities, as we all knew the resort facilities needs a lot of improvement.People go there because of the quite place and most importantly it may not be a 5 star hotel resort but the great asset of this resort are the staff. Unfortunately the resort are loosing the staff they had before. Way back 2011 there are only few staff at the resort but they can manage everything while giving us a great service but this year there a lot of new faces, more people but totally it is no good at all.

I remember before the first time we had been there, the time we had step at the terminal of the resort the front office staff are very accommodating (it was Michelle and Joan) and there were this staff (Kiten and Rose) who joined us on the trip going to the island. Rose was the one who were the one who gave us a complete tour of the island and the only one staff with us going to the small island of Grande. My two daughter enjoy her company actually, she was very nice and as she introduce the island to us, she really loves the place that's why maybe she did amazed us as well. Restaurant, yes it was the typical type of restaurant but again the waiters are so accommodating, they were funny actually and there was this staff who was showing my 2 kids a funny magic trick. and oh I also remember the manager Leo, he is so accommodating as well

When we come back April 2012, we bring along family friends unfortunately the tour before that we had last 2011 was not the same and there are charge already, meaning we have to pay before we could have a tour with a tour guide and if we cant we have to go by ourselves alone by walking. Still what we had seen to the facilities last 2011 was still the same on 2012 except for the new bar outside.

This year? its true that they had add some Few Amenities but still they need to have a change. New type of ambiance especially for the rooms it is so typical and to pay for like more than 7k for only 2 person? its not the worth. I think they had a new management but it does not work well. The employees they are not so efficient at all. There are a lot employees is in a lot but there are only few who works well, unlike before. Unfortunately, as i have said before the reason we are going back to this resort is because of the staff but know I'm not sure if I will still be coming back there, of my family member was offended with one of the customer service they had, as I remember the name was Xynid. She's pretty thought and very hyper but she acts like a (p__girl), and there was this cashier a small little girl whose very inattentive and very " bastos" (don't even have any courtesy to us customers).

There was this manager whose very noisy and keep shouting to his staff, this is not a good example, and I had talk one of the staff, one of the maintenance and I knew from them that their engineering department head is not a registered engineer, I wonder why the resort was not well managed. Maybe also how they worked out with their employees. Poor employees, they work hard but they dont get to much from what they work for. They are not even complying with the rules and regulations of Subic Bay.

Needs improvement. I Suggest, they have to close first the resort and work things well. ...before they do operations.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Tripper A

Travellers are raving about these Subic Bay Freeport Zone hotels

Makati, Philippines
Reviewed 11 March 2013

I was reminded of my ferry ride to mindoro when i boarded the ferry going to grande island. when i got there, i was disappointed. it looks like a desert. the grasses and the trees are dying. the pool, although its clear, looks like it's a death trap or something. there is no shoreline, okay i lied, there is about 1.5m shoreline. the rooms are okay though, spacious and peaceful. Grande island is a promising island resort, i hope they can renovate or rehabilitate it soon.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Andi S
Reviewed 19 December 2012 via mobile

Small holding area at the waterfront which needs some condition repairs.Upon arrival, we took a long walk up to the reception area...no staff to assist guests.Chalet rooms need refurbishing or renovation.Buffet meals were provided the whole stay but it was just good & not impressive at all...pasta was bland & with soggy noodles.No caddy cars or any sort of vehicle available to take guests at the island's historic or scenic spot.We commend a delightful service of the nurse on duty who personally checked on my son who had fever that night..she bought paracetamol syrup from Subic base.The restaurant manager was so kind to provide pitcher of water upon my request for my sick son.The view is okay, pool almost dried up, bring aqua shoes because it's a bit rocky at the beachfront.Our children enjoyed the banana boat ride despite of long queue.Ferry's airconditioning broke down the following day, so disappointed that Mgt. left dissatisfied customers.

• Stayed April 2012
1 Thank Tessanavarro
Luzon, Philippines
Reviewed 20 October 2012

My 1st time to go to Grande Island Resort...easty 2 get to (coming from Pangasinan). As soon as we arrived, the staff came up and grabbed our luggage, gave us chairs to sit on as we waited for the ferry to depart. ..WiFi connection immediately ON. It doesn't stop @the entrance, as we landed we were given a WELCOME juice....then proceeded to our rooms.
We were with the Rotaract group of youth leadership, from all over Luzon. The Rotarians are well trained in the sponsorship, settng up the agendas, and of course bringing in some 'artists' from GMA.
Aaahhhh.....the swimming pool is super large, with a lifeguard. The staff are @your service, riding on their ATV or bicycles HELPING the guests with directions to all the different areas as this resort has: banana boats, billiards, bunkers, rooms with coffee, refs, HOT shower, hair dryer....verandas where one can soak up CLEAN air and hear birds chirping.....DON'T MISS THIS~~~~~~~~~~~~ aloha, VenJie

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Best Western Plus Hotel Subic
Best Western Plus Hotel Subic
#4 of 26 in Subic Bay Freeport Zone
Wild Orchid Beach Resort Subic Bay
Wild Orchid Beach Resort Subic B...
#14 of 26 in Subic Bay Freeport Zone

Been to Grande Island Resort? Share your experiences!