“Still my favorite place to eat in Subic”
Review of Rama Mahal Bar & Restaurant - CLOSED

Rama Mahal Bar & Restaurant
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed 13 September 2011

I've been to Subic twice now, and both times the restaurant that stands out as the one I'd recommend is the Rama Mahal. If you enjoy Indian food this is a "Must Eat At" place if you are in Subic. Their Samosas, Naan bread, and Hummus are great (their garlic-stuffed Naan is so good). Their main courses are just as good. On my first visit I had their spicy beef curry dish made with three types of chilies (it had the word "ghost" in the title which made me to believe that it might of included the jolokia pepper). I ordered a "5" (the lowest you could go on this dish), and it was almost too spicy to eat. I love spicy food, so if ordering this dish, be careful. On my most recent trip i had a lamb curry that was much less spicy, but still just as flavorful. With the hummus and garlic rice, I left feeling satisfied, but not over-stuffed.
This restaurant is very quiet. On my first visit, there was only one other group eating, and during my most recent visit, it was just my business partner and I (at 7pm on a Saturday). With such reasonable prices, I'm genuinely concerned that they aren't getting enough business to stay opened, but as long as they stay opened, I'll keep coming back.

2  Thank aginblue

Reviewed 12 September 2011

Still one of the best Indian restaurants in the Philippines. I keep coming back to it because the food is so good. The owner, Rama is very charismatic he is a pleasure to talk to.

1  Thank Urduja1121
Reviewed 11 August 2011

Rama mahal, located near the freeport dutyfree shop, is the only Indian restaurant in SUbic and it's whereabouts. Food is excellent - there are lots of vegetarian and non vegetarian options. Costs are similar to what you would find int Manila Makati - it would cost about 300 to 400 pesos per head. and well worth it. Highly recommended.

2  Thank New_YLOO
Reviewed 8 January 2010

When you walk in you are greeted by the wonderful staff or the owner himself. Excellent food, if you like mild to spicy (the owner will adjust to your liking). Best Indian cuisine you will find!!

1  Thank cindy19a
Reviewed 5 January 2010

The resto has an Indian music collection and service is never better than when Ram himself is there to take your order. The other employees are very friendly and helpful. Food can be ordered vegetarian and on the healthy side if you prefer. Halal food is also available. If you like an order of freshly made yogurt can also be ordered but this you'll have to do it in advance. This yogurt is much better than the store bought variety.

1  Thank SubicChick