“Good Indian Food”

Rama Mahal Bar & Restaurant
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed 27 December 2011

the food here is very good, I have never been to India so can not say how authentic it is but it seems better than other Indian food I have had. Prices are a little high for the area but the lunch specials are reasonably priced. seldom crowded.

1  Thank sirchas

Reviewed 18 September 2011

We asked the owner/chef for a couple of recommendations and he suggested the shrimp curry and tandoori chicken, one a dish with sauce and the other dry. We requested that the curry should be fairly spicy. After the food was served, we took a couple of bites and looked at each other in agreement, saying how delicious it was. The portions were large enough for us to be satisfied. The meal was one of the high points of our weekend visit to Subic.

1  Thank Hrsailor
Reviewed 13 September 2011

I've been to Subic twice now, and both times the restaurant that stands out as the one I'd recommend is the Rama Mahal. If you enjoy Indian food this is a "Must Eat At" place if you are in Subic. Their Samosas, Naan bread, and Hummus are great (their garlic-stuffed Naan is so good). Their main courses are just as good. On my first visit I had their spicy beef curry dish made with three types of chilies (it had the word "ghost" in the title which made me to believe that it might of included the jolokia pepper). I ordered a "5" (the lowest you could go on this dish), and it was almost too spicy to eat. I love spicy food, so if ordering this dish, be careful. On my most recent trip i had a lamb curry that was much less spicy, but still just as flavorful. With the hummus and garlic rice, I left feeling satisfied, but not over-stuffed.
This restaurant is very quiet. On my first visit, there was only one other group eating, and during my most recent visit, it was just my business partner and I (at 7pm on a Saturday). With such reasonable prices, I'm genuinely concerned that they aren't getting enough business to stay opened, but as long as they stay opened, I'll keep coming back.

2  Thank aginblue
Reviewed 12 September 2011

Still one of the best Indian restaurants in the Philippines. I keep coming back to it because the food is so good. The owner, Rama is very charismatic he is a pleasure to talk to.

1  Thank Urduja1121
Reviewed 11 August 2011

Rama mahal, located near the freeport dutyfree shop, is the only Indian restaurant in SUbic and it's whereabouts. Food is excellent - there are lots of vegetarian and non vegetarian options. Costs are similar to what you would find int Manila Makati - it would cost about 300 to 400 pesos per head. and well worth it. Highly recommended.

2  Thank New_YLOO