“Best Curry In Town”

Cuisines: Indian
Quezon City, Philippines
“Best Curry In Town”
Reviewed 31 December 2013

Still the best curry I've tasted. Although the place itself could use some sprucing up (special mention of the restrooms). By the way, Rama Mahal has transferred locations. It's name has been changed to RACHI CURRY but is still owned by Ram and serves the same authentic excellent-tasting Indian food!

• Visited December 2013
2 Thank leister-g

Chennai (Madras), India
“Home food away from home”
Reviewed 25 January 2013

Being a strict vegetarian, this is the best I could have hoped for at Subic Bay. Homely Indian food, supervised by a kind, elderly gentleman who also happens to be the owner!

Visited January 2013
Paranaque
“Tasted Better Indian Food in Manila”
Reviewed 3 December 2012

Made sure we had a meal at Rama Mahal Restaurant as we were in Subic over the weekend and I had read a number of good reviews of this place. My wife and I ordered mutton (goat) masala, panak panir, and basmati rice with prawn whilst my daughter had buttered chicken. Given the price, except for the rice, the servings were not much; especially the masala. I found the panak panir (consisting of feta cheese and spinach) a bit on the liquid size and overall, the flavor of the Indian food did not come out. I am not sure if they were being conservative on the spices, but the same food at New Bombay at the Glorietta food-court tastes better. What made it worse was we had to pay in cash even if there was a sign stating that the establishment accepts all types of credit cards. They said that their machine wasn't working; it's good I was carrying extra cash.

• Visited December 2012
3 Thank CarloRago
Hong Kong, China
“like visiting an old friend, that is a good chef”
Reviewed 25 February 2012

It is nice to see this place has only improved. If you take the time to visit with Ram you will learn something about the food and culture behind the "Rama Mahal" sign with each visit. It makes me want to try different items-smart man! It is my standby place to call for a healthy mini meal (samosas or hummus) when I'm out running errands in Subic. I give the time I'll be free and it is waiting for me-fantastic. Take away, in your own containers or not, is also an option. I've not been let down on quality which is important if meeting someone for business. Photos are from different visits.

• Visited February 2012
3 Thank SubicChick
singapore
“Exotic treat in the middle of Subic”
Reviewed 25 January 2012

I have been to India twice and I go to Indian restos in Singapore--and the food at Rama Mahal is equal in quality to good food I have had in those places. Among those we ordered, the chicken curry and the tom yum were the best, followed by the prawns tandoori and chicken tikka. The grilled lamb chops were ok, but I am not a big fan of lamb. We ordered fried chicken for two family members who didn't like spicy food but they found it too bland. They did find the other dishes not too spicy as we asked them to make things more mild. Still, the curry and the tom yum are not for the faint of heart.

Finally, the hummus with the chapati were sooo good!

• Visited January 2012