“The Hidden Beauty of Subic”

Subic Bay Travelers Hotel
Brussels, Belgium
“The Hidden Beauty of Subic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

I have to say I didnt plan to go to Subic, I was still bitter the US forces left hehehehe but I had no choice, I had to renew my advance life support training and Subic was next available venue. anyway, first of all I gave to say, what impressed me most was the hospitality of the people of Olangapo City! Not to mention the City Police, they are the most courteous and friendly police officers I have ever met! First, while looking for the Travellers Hotel, I accidentally made an illegal left turn, and a police officer pulled me over, I was sure he was going to confiscate my license, but he gave me a warning and said be careful! Second, I parked on the side of a road waiting for our dinner, the police officer approached me and I quickly told him I just 2 minutes and he said I will give you 10! Unbelievable, am I in the Philippines? Anyway, good job to the people of Olangapo! Thank you to the City Mayor! Travellers Hotel is the best, it was so clean, and all the staff were so friendly, always greeting you with a smile when you see them...

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Ryan A

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Quezon City, Philippines
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2014 via mobile

We stayed in this hotel feb 1x2 2014 when my husband had his recon ride in preparation for challenge philipoines held feb 22. Family room is large, kids had fun swimming eventhough the pool is small. But the commendable part is when we were doing our checkout. The reception girl said , our account is settled but that i have to wait since they will return the ipad that we forgot. We stayed at room 8110. I can no longer remember the name of the room housekeeper (sounds like ermelinda) but i commend the hotel for having honest staff.

Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Lila Grace N
Baguio, Philippines
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2014 via mobile

nice place to stay.harbor point mall is walking distance.can walk around the area later in the afternoon to avoid heat stroke.room comfortable, though air con unit is leaking wet,yet service is very good.bell boys and waiters attentive to our needs, and food perfect.will recommend for seminars and convention.venue is accessible and affordable.

• Stayed March 2014
4 Thank Faith C
Bustos, Philippines
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2014

My only criticism regarding this hotel is that we were not informed beforehand that our room was situated beside a function room where there would be a Xmas party...their pools are ok, their buffet doesnot have much variation but is still ok,....not much to do in this area during the night but would serve the purpose of a good night's rest...

Room Tip: Make sure your room is not beside a function room....
Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Marie7561
Manila, Philippines
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2014

We had a comfortable overnight stay in this hotel. A deluxe room can comfortably fit up to 4 adults (subject to minimal fees per extra person). Room is spacious, to the delight of the baby we brought with us since he had a lot of space to run around. Bathroom is likewise spacious and basic amenities are provided. There's a ref, flat screen TV, and steady WIFI connection in the room (multiple gadgets can connect!). Particularly impressive are the staff who were very attentive, friendly and mindful of their guests' needs. Breakfast is decent, with a minimal, yet adequate, buffet spread in their small dining area. Location is great -- restaurants (there are at least 2 in the parking area itself), malls and supermarkets and even the church, are within walking distance. The pool area, although not that big, is a nice place to hang around while reading the morning papers, checking emails etc. There's an open parking for guests. Reasonably-priced as well. First time stay was not bad at all -- actually, exceeded my expectations.

Room Tip: Choose rooms that are not beside the function room as it can be noisy if there's an event.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank GieroGirl
Luzon, Philippines
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2013

If you're looking for cheaper rooms to stay in, you can have this hotel as an option but there is nothing much to do in the area. I won't recommend it though for its food service. While our group got a good priced package, we really did not enjoy the food. There are many budget hotels in Subic Bay Freeport Zone (and I've tried many of those). I recommend the hotels along the Waterfront Road because you can find the more popular restaurants which feature live music bands at night (e.g. Pier1 and Gerry's Grill), you can enjoy the Watersports sport activities during the day (networx), and you can enjoy strolling the beachfront in the evening with background of the glittering lights of hotels that surround the beach.

Room Tip: Don't get their budget rooms. Choose their more expensive ones to really enjoy your stay.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Yojee
Quezon City, Philippines
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2013

Conveniently located near shopping malls (SM and Harbor Point), restaurants, and cafes. We got the double deluxe room which can accommodate 4 people (one queen sized and 1 king sized beds) with free breakfast for two. Additional will cost 300 pesos each. Did not like the breakfast buffet menu though. Eating breakfast in one of the many restaurants or cafés around will be better (like Extremely Espresso) Room was well kept and clean, with cable TV, free wifi, fridge. Bathroom was with hot shower. The only thing is that they don’t have an elevator and parking was at open area. Nonetheless, a comfortable place to stay for a very affordable price.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends