“Marlean62”

Moonbay Marina Leisure Resort
Quezon city 1106
“Marlean62”
Reviewed 27 February 2013

My family stayed here for a weekend last Dec. 30 , 2012 ad it is only now that I had a chance to make a review. We stayed at one of the villas on 2nd floor and I would say this is a better location than being on the ground floor. The first time we booked here we were on the ground so you can hear and see much of the activities outside. Also on our 1st stay, there wasn't a pool yet so this time my kids had a grand time at the pool. Overall, the rooms were clean and what is good about this place is that you can cook your food. The food though at the restaurant has limited choices including their breakfast buffet. Still I will not hesitate to come back here this summer.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank LeslieA62

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Luzon, Philippines
Reviewed 23 February 2013

The place looks expensive.. yes but don't be intimidated because the price of their villas will surprise you. And if compared to its neighboring hotels (The Lighthouse Marina and Vista Marina) their price is better. The location is perfect just in front of The Lighthouse, a few minutes to the beach, it has its own huge swimming pool, it is located at Subic business center so just a few minutes to the mall, night activities and restaurants. Since it's a villa, you have your own living room, kitchen and a dining area.

We stayed here for 2 nights for our honeymoon last December and we loved it! We had our wedding reception here too, Our 1 night is free with our wedding package but we extended for another night. For breakfast you don't have much to choose from, just either American or Filipino breakfast meal but tastes great and just enough serving. Their restaurant is so affordable too and the food is yummy! Service is great and the staff are so helpful and accommodation. Would love to stay here again. If you want an idea how the resort looks like you can check my blog post of this place, just click the video, Moonbay marina is the venue for our pre-nup, our wedding and reception. http://www.vivisrandomramblings.com/2013/01/im-back-with-hubby-in-tow.html

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank vmvpinay
Reviewed 14 February 2013

My Family (with 3 kids) stayed here last week, i find that the Villa looks so nice and new, and priced affordable at P4950/night,  but the scent of the clorox/Zonrox/Bleach or whatever cleaning agent they used for the beddings too strong for you to be able to stay in the room with the windows/doors closed, but when i open them, mosquitoes will come flying inside the villa.  It is just not safe for young kids and most especially pregnant women to be inhaling those things. The room
Service was good though, food came fast, servings were huge, some food were bland like the pansit palabok.

• Stayed February 2013
Quezon City, Philippines
Reviewed 6 February 2013

Went on out of the blue trip for my family to Subic last Saturday (February 2), unfortunately all beach resorts are fully booked so we decided to look for a place to stay for the night. As usual, we check Tripadvisor for guidance and decided to try this place.

The place - located very near the seafront (no beach area), in front of Lighthouse
The rooms - clean, with a small sala, with ref, TV with cable, aircon, toiletries, bath tub, hot and cold shower, hot pot for coffee, clean linens, king size bed
Facilities - with small-medium size swimming pools (kiddy to adult and with jacuzzi), canteen, small play area
Others - Free breakfast for two, street parking and parking space near the pool, near the beach (no bathing is allowed), near lots of restaurant and bars along the beach.
Staff - good service

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Miner_DMS91
Reviewed 10 January 2013 via mobile

Me an my girlfriend checked in here for 3 days and 2 nights for our Anniversary. We reserved pur room through asiatravel.com and we definitely liked the stay. We got the exact same room that was on the website. At first we were given the ground floor room but after some negotiations and because we checked in early, the lady was able to do something and gave us the second floor room. We got the la estrella room (the one without kitchen) which is divided into three rooms. First is the receiving room probably for guests or if you are a group, you can just avail of extra matresses and let them sleep on it. Second room is the main bed room. The room is spacious, it has big cabinets and drawers for your things. Flat screen TV is a plus with telephone which I think can make inbound and outbound calls. The bed is nice and I barely had any back aches which is my problem with a bed in any hotels. Third room is made to be the comfort room, spacious and has divisions for the bath tub and toilet. The room also has a veranda. Lucky us, we had some quite a nice view of the Subic Bay. Our room is facing a bar but luckily we don't hear any noise when you are inside the room.

The pool is nice and big and it has a jacuzzi at the center. Unfortunately, it closes at aroud 12 am. They have a restaurant named azul cafe or something which serves nice but but not really that great food. It has big servings which is a plus for me since I eat big. Downside is that servers here doesn't look really happy when serving. They take orders on a very platonic way and they would all sound monotonous to me. I don't know maybe they are not just happy. I noticed 2 golden retrievers roaming around which I think is cute since me and my girlfriend are dog lovers. They are not aggressive but rather friendly so It's ok.

Overall, we really loved our stay here and we will definitely come back. I'm just hoping that staffs and crews here will be trained more about relating with customers to make their experience closer to perfection.

• Stayed January 2013
2 Thank vcpelaez
manila
Reviewed 15 November 2012

The room that we got was the one bedroom w/kitchen near the pool. When we arrived everything was ready. Everyone was nice & courteous including the lifeguard. What I like about the place is the swimming pool, even if it's full you won't feel crowded. My kids so love the pool we keep on coming back for it even if we don't stay in their hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room near the pool & restaurant =))
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
Quezon City
Reviewed 9 November 2012

There are three types of accomodation for this place(La Estrella without kitchen/El Sol with Kitchen & La Luna,the most expensive).My sister's family and I stayed in the cheapest (La Estrella) one and the middle one (El Sol).I think the only difference between the two was the kitchen,they look the same to me.The reservation was smooth and easy,they answered all my concerns regarding the availability and terms of payment.They were just asking for a 50% downpayment to guarantee the reservation,which was nice because you don't have to give out all the cash to them,one time.
On the day of my check-in they called me early in the morning to inform me that I can make an early check in since our villas were ready.That was a very nice gesture from them,but we were not able to check in until 4PM :( because we were still in Pampanga (Montevista Villas) where we stayed on our first night of our vacation.Check in was smooth as well,they gave us the keys and staff were ready to assist us.

The villas were clean,spacious and very nice.The only thing that I don't like was we were given villas at the groundfloor,therefore it had no view at all, unlike the units on the second floor.Only plus of being on the groundfloor was easy access on everything (the place is just small so you can go around the whole place in minutes).But still I prefer the villas with the view :( I was told that the best units (infront of the pool) were occupied by guests who were staying for a longer period,that is why I feel like the ones they open for overnight stays were the not so good villas in terms of location.Their pool was big and nice and they also have a jacuzzi.

In terms of service, it was ok with the reception and with the attendants that assisted us with our things.What I don't like too much was when we had our complimentary breakfast in their restaurant.The staff there are not your usual happy to assist you people.They seemed very serious and it seemed that they were having a bad day.You would lose somehow your appetite if the people serving you looked confused and mad at something.The food was ok and has a big serving.

The location was good since there are convenience store nearby,bars & restaurants.The rates were quite expensive but I can say that it is one of the nicest place to stay when you are in Subic.I would come back in this place when I have an extra cash to burn,but if you are on a budget there are also other nice places to stay in the area at a much much lower rate.If you want to have a little luxury in Subic then this is the place for you.

Room Tip: villas in front of the pool and located on the second floor with a view are the best choice in this...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with family