The Lighthouse Marina Resort
Camayan Beach Resort and Hotel(Subic Bay Freeport Zone)
US$110
Agoda.com
Vista Marina Hotel and Resort(Subic Bay Freeport Zone)(Great Value!)
US$87
US$76
Agoda.com
Vasco's Restaurant, Hotel and Museum(Subic Bay Freeport Zone)(Great Value!)
US$44
  • Restaurant
Kamana Sanctuary Resort and Spa(Subic Bay Freeport Zone)
US$230
US$208
  • Breakfast included
Best Western Plus Hotel Subic(Subic Bay Freeport Zone)
Court Meridian Hotel(Subic Bay Freeport Zone)
TripAdvisor
Subic Park Hotel(Subic Bay Freeport Zone)
TripAdvisor
Subic Bay Venezia Hotel(Subic Bay Freeport Zone)
TripAdvisor
Segara Suites(Subic Bay Freeport Zone)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsaqua spanight capsubic bayveranda roomlight housebubble bathboard gamesbuffet breakfastfriendly and accommodating staffbrownieswimming poolrestaurant staffworth the pricesubic areawater sportslong weekendbeach area
Reviewed 6 August 2012

I turned 30 last Saturday and I decided to celebrate it with my husband and kids at The Lighthouse. The weather was bad and cold because of the remnants of typhoon Gener, good thing the hotel was nice and its crew were warm and accommodating. :) I've never been to a reasonably-priced hotel with this kind of good service crew. Food was okay, what I love was that they added cheese and some cold cuts in the breakfast buffet. The Grill and Pasta Buffet was quite expensive but it was worth it for all the oysters and Mediterranean chicken that I ate, hehe :)) The Aqua Veranda room we got was spacious and well-equipped. They even have an umbrella and flashlight the tenants could borrow, very timely! The lifeguard also provided my kids with towels after swimming which is thoughtful :) My husband, who just use to love noisy beach resorts, now appreciated a hotel that's serene and elegant! Thank God! This is how I envision my 30th birthday celebration to be, except for the weather, everything was just great. :)

Room Tip: For those who will travel with children, the 2nd floor is closer to the pool.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Joyce V
Reviewed 31 July 2012

Because of a lot of good reviews from trip advisor with this hotel, I and my family decided to choose this place and definitely they are correct. Me and my family stayed here just for one night and based on our experience one night is not enough for us.

The room was very nice with a view of the beach and what my wife and I likes so much is the bathroom glass wall, it added more elegance to the room. The bed is comfortable and the AC is cool but later in the morning my wife just decided to turn it off for it was already freezing inside the room. The pool is well maintained, we took a dip in the evening and again after breakfast, they have lifeguards all the time and I can say they were very nice, they gave us towels and even offered to turn on the jacuzzi for us. Breakfast was sumptous they have a breakfast buffet and there's a lot of food to choose from, it's either you go for Filipino or Western style breakfast or just plain fruits or salad.

Making a booking was not a hassle, I sent an email inquiring their rooms and availability and they responded quickly and even booked us a room immediately upon confirming the dates. And making changes to our booking was also quick, since we needed to add another room we just called them and luckily they have another room ready for us.

Services were good, the staffs were nice and courteous, I was surprised they could arrange for a masseur for me and my daughter even though it is already late in the evening. The only thing that puzzles me is why we didn't get our welcome drinks and hopefully they could add more movies in their DVD library. But besides all of that, me and my family really had a very good time there and we will surely be back there and stay at least a couple of nights more.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank adiolata
Reviewed 25 July 2012

we chose this place because of the glowing reviews at tripadvisor. i expected a bit more but overall, i'm satisfied with the hotel. we were a family of 4 in the Aqua Spa Suite which was very spacious. it was very unusual though that you can view the bathroom from the bedroom because of a glass wall. the roll-up curtain for this glass wall inside the bathroom didn't provide sufficient privacy so we had to turn off some lights in the bathroom while in use.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank ManilaAngel
Reviewed 6 July 2012

The service was amazing! All staff were friendly and welcoming. There was no need to leave the hotel for a full 5 days. Food and wine were very nice. Wish I could have stayed longer.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank h m
Reviewed 24 June 2012

Here is my experience with this particular hotel ;)

was looking for a place to unwind even just for an overnight stay for me and my special someone.
looked here in TA for any good place to go to in SUBIC. Found this one and looked at their website.

Their website was complete of information, The inquire link works and within a few hours, i received an email regarding my questions and concerns. After exchanging emails, i received a call from a MS. DAWN. She explained and answered all my questions to my satisfaction. As such, rather than just going for a normal room, i got one with a terrace and a tub.

Reserving a room is a breeze. After inquiring and asking about this and that, they would send an email containing a reservation form, fill it up with signatures and credit card info (they accept bank deposits but CC is faster and less of a hastle)

For express check in (no fuzz...straight to the room check in) a copy, of a valid id, credit card and people staying the room, not to mention your mode of transportation (license plate) is needed.

A room, would have the perks of: having access to their pool, a welcome drink, an afternoon snack, desserts before bedtime. and of course breakfast.

I went for the express check in since, i planned to be late in going up to subic. Since Check in is at 2pm and check out is at 12 pm. Late checkout would have a fee of 1/2 of the room rate and is until 6 pm and depends on availability. Past 6pm would have the whole day fee.

Interestingly enough, at around 1:30pm, i got a call from MS dawn inquiring as to where i am and what time i would be arriving. I guess this simple gesture is quite important as it says that they care about the well being and the status of the guests.

Upon arriving, at around 3:30pm. I looked for a parking area. To my dismay, the parking area is either on the sand (which is at the back of the hotel) or on the road fronting the hotel. Luckily, i was able to park, right beside the entrance to the hotel. The staff immediately went to my car and took care of the luggage. Without any questions, and without any inquiries about the paperwork, we were ushered to the room, accompanied by the staffs. I guess they figured me from the valid id i sent them.

The room was prepped and a staff confirmed my checkout date with me and asked for my signature. And viola, within 5 minutes of getting off my car, we were already in the room resting.

We were in 3rd floor of the building. we had used their elevator which was quite small. It had a capacity of 6 according to its manufacturer but it could only bear around 3-4 people max.

Upon entering the room, there is a cabinet (robes, extra pillows, safe, slippers, hangers, )a mini bar (some chips, drinks and the small ref) on the left. on the right would be the washroom which had the tub, a separate shower, a sink, and a lavatory.

There's a decent LCD TV with cable and DVD player fronting the king size bed, plus a desk with a chair for office needs. There is a ethernet hardline for INTERNET USERS. There is no WIFI available thats free. (thank God for my 4s and it's hotspot) and there's a veranda with 2 chairs and a small table. I think this is the smoking area since an ashtray is provided. There is also a phone provided and an IPOD DOCK with alarm and radio. I don't know if there is something wrong with their ipod dock, but it wouldn't read my iphone 4s. I could turn it on. but to my dismay, it just won't work with my phone.
There are a lot of sockets for electrical gadgets. So no problem in charging batteries.

The bed was firm and yes, we could jump on it. Its that sturdy. The pillows were really soft and conducive for sleeping.

At around 4pm, we received a call for cocktails. They said that they are serving such for 4-6pm. I wondered about our welcome drinks, which weren't offered to us.

Anyway, after a few minutes, we opted to go down and checkout the place. Upon entering their sands restaurant (you have to pass by this place to get to the pool and to their 720 bar.), we were greeted and welcomed. We checkout the pool and the view of the lighthouse and of the bay. It was awesome. Although, we could see that some maintenance work were being done on the beach. It was all okay.

We availed of the cocktails and were served some finger foods of chips and some bite sized pizza. We were told that we could get some more from the table if we wanted to. It tasted okay. Nothing special.

Back at the room, we called the front desk (dial 8) to inquire regarding their DVD collection, we were given a list and it was brought to us within 5 mins. Talk about fast service. We were able to watch a movie.

At around dinner time, we went out of the hotel to go to a nearby bar and eat. Upon arriving back at around 9pm, we noticed that dessert were placed in the room, and that turn down service was provided. Excess pillows were removed, and the bed was fixed for sleeping.

Anyway, rather than staying in bed, we opted to go for a night swim. We went to their pool and swam for around 2hours. The pool had 3 areas, adult, kids and a jacuzzi. Too bad the jacuzzi wasn't working that time. I wasn't able to ask why. Anyway, upon arriving a staff greeted us, and inquired if we were to swim. She gladly offered us some towels to use. I asked if we could bring it to our room. She said there was no problem regarding such. She ushered us to a shower area.

We left the pool at around past 1030 pm (it was only open till 10pm) but we were able to swim past it. The water looked clean, as we could see the tiles at the bottom. The chlorine wasn't smelling that much so meaning water was and is changed regularly.

Earlier in the day, we noticed that there was a life guard on duty even if there was no one in the pool. I believe this is quite important since there are a lot of kids that would eventually use this pool. kudos for this. But during our night time swim, there was no life guard on duty, but there were always at least 2-3 staffs in the area.

The next day, after a wonderful night of sleep or lack thereof, i was greeted promptly with a wake up call i had arranged. We, opted to get breakfast at their sands restaurant.

We had initially inquired about having our breakfast in bed but, according to them, it would count as room service. So rather than getting billed for something i have already paid for, we just opted to go the ground floor and eat there.(review posted at sands resto) Maybe a suggestion here would be that rather than get billed for room service, maybe an additional fee or service fee would be better for us to avail of breakfast in bed.

After breakfast, we just stayed in bed and watched the NBA finals game.
Checkout was a breeze too. We left the room at around 12noon and got out in less than 10 minutes.

overall from my previous experience in different hotels in subic and in the asia pacific region,
i could genuinely say that
service and hospitality is top notch in this hotel. no doubt. From the service of the front desk to the guards and the people at the restaurant.

in terms of facilities, i just have a few concerns. the remote controls for the TV and the DVD players seemed over used. Some of the labels were already faded. Same goes for the telephone. The key card holder was worn out already. The vault had a problematic key pad. Pressing the same number would be needed just to get it registered. Maybe 2 cards could be issued per room. Also, there is no spa and fitness area.

I know that the lighthouse has a green initiative and maybe to help lower costs.... but in my honest opinion i believe that for hygienic purposes, using a dispenser for the bath gel, bubble bath, lotion, and shampoo is a big no no. Individual disposable containers would be the best to go about it.

Anyway i enjoyed my stay, except for a few hickups here and there. I think i will be going back to this place again in the near future.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple