“Service Really Suffered”

Outback Steakhouse
Ranked #17 of 110 Restaurants in Commack
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Reviewed 8 April 2013

Three of us were out for dinner at this location Saturday night, so the restaurant was busy as you would expect, but not "crazy busy". Also, my expectations are reasonable; I'm not looking for haute cuisine and white glove service, but a decent dining experience and a good value. That said:

The Good: we all had the 4 courses for $15 special, which was an excellent value. We called ahead and were seating within 15 minutes.

The Not-so-Good: Soup was lukewarm and the steak was tough. Service was abysmally slow. Our server initially delivered the wrong drinks, returned much later with the correct drinks, then charged us for the items we did not order. Then we had to wait for another long spell for corrected check to arrive. The courses took forever to arrive although the meal was not complex. The music was blaring to the point we could not have a conversation. I asked it be turned down, which it was, but then went back to full blast 10 minutes later.

One final thing I could not blame Outback for ... a diner in the next booth facing me was flossing his teeth during the meal. Repeatedly. Needless to say this did not enhance the dining experience. Why not clip your toenails while you're at it?

Reviewed 2 December 2012 via mobile

Myself and two co workers hit the OB with steak on our minds. We ordered a strip and two porterhouses.

Salads were out quick and good. The steaks came a reasonable time later. Mine was a little on the rare side of what I ordered, but an excellent quality cut of meat. Damn that was good! It would of been better with a beer, but driving a company vehicle rules that out.

Our server was attentive w/o hovering. We tipped her well for her work.

Reviewed 1 December 2012 via mobile

We ordered ribs and salmon. The food was hot and tasty. The entrees came with veggies only. There should be a potato or salad for the price.
The waitress was pleasant and attentive.
Now for the snag....
The next table was occupied by a frazzled mom with 3 little girls. She had no control and they ran around the table. Nothing was said to them. Then another table with four kids sat down. The kids played tag. They were stopped after a short time but then they started screaming.
The management saw it all but did nothing to stop it.
I probably will go elsewhere in the future.

Reviewed 23 August 2012

so, don't go very hungry! The food is just average. Nothing to rave about. Not worth the money for the amount of food you get. The only thing outstanding was the dessert. A "sinful sundae" ... a must have! I would go back just for this!

Reviewed 4 March 2012

My Favorite is the Alice Springs Chicken and I am not a chicken lover. Steaks are good, and how can you not love the Bloomin Onion? My kids love the bread and the macaroni and cheese.