“Friendly staff, inconstent food”
Review of Outback Steakhouse

Outback Steakhouse
Ranked #12 of 111 Restaurants in Commack
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Reviewed 18 June 2013

I had the new Steak Flight - a triple sirloin. The meat was wonderfully tender and accurately cooked. I asked for a different sauce on each piece of 3; and I couldn't taste any sauce on any of them. The mushroom sauce didn't even have any mushrooms. I'm sure the problem was that they put on maybe 1 millileter so as to keep calorie counts down as well as costs.

Lamb chops were somewhat overcooked. Well, one was, another was nearly raw, and the third imbetween . They were supposed to be medium rare.

The NE calm was excellent, served nice and hot.

The staff was friendly and 'can do', as was the manager. When I was full, I took home my leftovers; this time with enough mushroom sauce (special request) that I could actually taste and really enjoy the sauce.

We've been there a number of times. When we get lucky, and the food is properly prepared, it's really good. The problem is this feeling you have to win the food lottery to get everything the way you asked. Oh, and we went at a very quiet time, when the chef couldn't possibly be overloaded. But everyone was very apologetic when ever anything went wrong.

The bottom line - when the prep is right, the food is great! And when not...

Chicken tenders were well received. So were the fries.

Reviewed 16 June 2013

While visiting as much as we love our Outback we stopped here for dinner only to be disappointed with our total visit. No geeting, No Happy Hour, Waitress took a while after we seated ourselves in bar, food was not as good as expected. We love Outback, but I would pass on this one!

Reviewed 8 April 2013

Three of us were out for dinner at this location Saturday night, so the restaurant was busy as you would expect, but not "crazy busy". Also, my expectations are reasonable; I'm not looking for haute cuisine and white glove service, but a decent dining experience and a good value. That said:

The Good: we all had the 4 courses for $15 special, which was an excellent value. We called ahead and were seating within 15 minutes.

The Not-so-Good: Soup was lukewarm and the steak was tough. Service was abysmally slow. Our server initially delivered the wrong drinks, returned much later with the correct drinks, then charged us for the items we did not order. Then we had to wait for another long spell for corrected check to arrive. The courses took forever to arrive although the meal was not complex. The music was blaring to the point we could not have a conversation. I asked it be turned down, which it was, but then went back to full blast 10 minutes later.

One final thing I could not blame Outback for ... a diner in the next booth facing me was flossing his teeth during the meal. Repeatedly. Needless to say this did not enhance the dining experience. Why not clip your toenails while you're at it?

Reviewed 2 December 2012 via mobile

Myself and two co workers hit the OB with steak on our minds. We ordered a strip and two porterhouses.

Salads were out quick and good. The steaks came a reasonable time later. Mine was a little on the rare side of what I ordered, but an excellent quality cut of meat. Damn that was good! It would of been better with a beer, but driving a company vehicle rules that out.

Our server was attentive w/o hovering. We tipped her well for her work.

Reviewed 1 December 2012 via mobile

We ordered ribs and salmon. The food was hot and tasty. The entrees came with veggies only. There should be a potato or salad for the price.
The waitress was pleasant and attentive.
Now for the snag....
The next table was occupied by a frazzled mom with 3 little girls. She had no control and they ran around the table. Nothing was said to them. Then another table with four kids sat down. The kids played tag. They were stopped after a short time but then they started screaming.
The management saw it all but did nothing to stop it.
I probably will go elsewhere in the future.