Hampton Inn Long Island/Commack
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Commack
Reviewed 5 July 2014

We had a trip planned to see our grandson and visit the new 911 memorial and were looking for the right place to stay. The staff was friendly, rooms were clean, and breakfast was good. We found using the shuttle to the railroad station was great and easy. Liked not having to find a place to park. The breakfast staff on Sunday when we check out was not very friendly or helpful. This was very unusual for Hampton Inns.

Room Tip: Try to get upper floor because of noise. Hotel is normally full Monday-Thursday
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

The room was nice. The location was utilitarian. Most of the staff great.

Too bad the "Head of Sales" is a nasty horror.

She embarrassed the entire staff as well as a lobby full of guests with her vicious histrionics. Never going back cuz how she treated some people.

Stayed: May 2014
Maryann G, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Long Island/Commack, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Dear Senior Reviewer,

I am the Director of Sales here in Commack and I just read your review. I do not know when you were here, or the circumstance that led to your review, but I want to say that I am so sorry that I caused your stay with us to be below the standards you expect from staff at the Hampton Inn.
Please, either call or email me so I can offer my appologies personally, and perhaps assist in another way. I thank you for your review and I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 5 July 2014

Excellent stay at Hampton Inn. Comfortable, super clean and staff was efficient and pleasant. I recommend with no reservations whatsoever. We stayed and did not do much other than sleep and shower here. They had fruit for the hotel guests and encouraged us to take some for the road if we wanted. This facility is obviously run by a team of people who care about what they do an how their service is perceived. You will not be disappointed if you stay here. It is centrally located to all major highways on Long Island. This one is a winner.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I have to say I expect Hampton Inns to be all about the same as far as staff, cleanliness, breakfast, rooms, etc. This Hampton Inn was no exception. We had a family reunion in the area and the staff was helpful, the room and bathroom clean, breakfast was plentiful and the beds comfortable. I would recommend staying here.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 June 2014

The room was clean, the breakfast was good and the staff were very helpful. I would stay at this hotel again. If you are a NY sports fan, this hotel is missing the YES network and SNY channel. Other than that my stay was very good.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 June 2014

What a pleasant surprise this was! We were late booking for a wedding and couldn't get into the hotel where everyone else was staying. We found this hotel and I'm so glad we did. The room was clean, the staff were super helpful and courteous and the amenities were everything I could have asked for - all at a very reasonable price.
The free breakfast was better than expected and included make your own waffles, turkey sausage, oatmeal, fresh fruit, and eggs along with the usual sugary stuff.

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 19 June 2014

the room was extremely dark, with only a desk light and lamps on each night stand. The handicapped shower had a lot to be desired especially the shower hose and all the water running onto the floor creating a very treacherous exit from the shower area.my wife almost slipped twice

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Also consider these accommodations in or near Commack
Hampton Inn Long Island/Islandia
9 mi away
Hilton Garden Inn Islip/MacArthur Airport
Hilton Garden Inn Stony Brook
Residence Inn Long Island Hauppauge/Islandia

Been to Hampton Inn Long Island/Commack? Share your experiences!