Red Carpet Inn & Suites Leatherstocking Lodge
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
Great 4.5/5
August Lodge Cooperstown(Hartwick Seminary)
Good 3.5/5
Mohican Motel(Cooperstown)
Landmark Inn(Cooperstown)
Excellent 5/5
The Hotel Pratt(Cooperstown)
Baseball Town Motel(Cooperstown)
Very Good 4/5
The Inn at Cooperstown(Cooperstown)
Great 4.5/5
All reviewsbasic accommodationscoffee maker in roomhall of famecooperstown dream parkmini fridgevisiting cooperstownwould definitely stay here againmilestvfieldamenities
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 October 2012

Frankly, for our stay in Cooperstown, I was looking for the cheapest place. At about 90 bucks a night on the weekend, Red Carpet was about half the price of Holiday Inn and other places around.
It's easy to find, about 3 miles south of Cooperstown, and you get to park right outside your door. The room was very clean. And even though someone was in the room next door, we didn't hear them. The room came with a microwave, fridge and coffee maker. A light breakfast is offered in the office with little muffins and apples. And the heater in the room cranked the warmth right up!
I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Grumpy O
BWCooperstown, General Manager at Red Carpet Inn & Suites Leatherstocking Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 19 December 2012

Thank you so much for your kind words.

Our staff members will be pleased to see your comments and to know that their hard work has yet again paid off in a terrific guest experience.

Now if we could just get the word out to everyone about how great the Cooperstown area is our mission would be completed.

Please come back to see us soon.

Happy Holidays to you and your family!!!

Reviewed 30 September 2012

From reading some reviews, I was really afraid to stay here after I booked. But, it was really our only option for a last minute getaway.

The location is great. While it is a short drive to get into Cooperstown, you can't get much closer to Brewery Ommegang or Fly Creek Cider Mill. It's also close to two grocery stores/plazas which is convenient if you need something or want to get some takeout. Also near a McDonalds and a Pizza Hut.

The room itself was basic. But, it was very clean. It had a nice TV, and a microwave and mini-fridge. The fridge was great, since we had purchased some things that needed to be kept cool. The beds were okay...very clean sheets and they didn't have those gross, starchy coverlets that alot of hotels use that seem dirty. Also the wireless was pretty good.

There were a few downsides though. The shower was lukewarm at best. It was cold in Cooperstown and after being outside all day, I really wanted a hot shower. I was even colder after the shower. But, the heater in the room worked great and I cranked it for a few minutes and warmed up. Also, calling the continental breakfast "limited" would be a generous description. What we were offered was terrible, terrible coffee and blueberry mini muffins. An array of larger muffins or donuts would be nice, and maybe some juices for kids.

All in all, it was an okay stay. Definitely a great deal for the area. Good for a one-nighter or a family on a budget.

Room Tip: Probably get an end unit away from the road to be quieter.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank algvred
Reviewed 27 August 2012

The Inn appeared to be recently renovated. Clean and comfortable. Continental breakfast had little to offer beyond coffee and muffins. Not too far from Baseball Hall of Fame.

I had some questions about the bill, and the night clerk (perhaps the owner) was quite rude. I had booked the reservation online, and he place a call to their helpline, but I found his demeanor to be very off-putting.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 August 2012

Shower temperature was lukewarm, pressure was substandard. The toilet was mobile, it rocked from side to side and moved about the floor. I stayed one night, did not know about the shower and toilet until morning just before checkout. When brought up to the clerk at checkout time, the clerk was obstinate and rude. He blamed me for not giving him notice to fix the problem so we could use the shower and toilet. The problem there would be time. By the time he fixed the issue, we would have been long gone. From the looks of him, I would say a few days gone. We tried to explain the situation and attempted to politely inform him of the problems, but he remained obstinate and continued to blame us for not informing him so he could fix the issue for us. I have paid less to stay in better hotels in better cities. Whenever I had an issue with anything in any other hotel or motel, the clerk was polite and offered something in compensation. Never was I blamed for their ineptitude. He obviously would rather chew taffy than do anything worthwhile. I'll never stay at a red carpet again. Oh and the pillows were so thin we had to use the blanket from the other bed to prop them up.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 August 2012

This was one of the least expensive hotels around Cooperstown. The rooms were basic, but still good. There is a 42 inch tv in all the rooms which was great for watching the olympics as we did each of our 3 nights there. There is no free breakfast like most of the big chains. You can park right in front of your room. The hotel was a nice place and a good value.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
RedCarpetCooperstown, General Manager at Red Carpet Inn & Suites Leatherstocking Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2012

We do serve a limited continental breakfast every morning from 7-10 AM.