I got this motel at half the price of the national chains down the street and some of the name brand hotels in Oneonta. This review takes the price into account.
1. Bring bottled water. The water out of the sink had a slight brownish tint and I was not going to use that to brush my teeth.
2. If you are interested in the tow of Cooperstown, during the busy season it is recommended that you use the shuttle as parking in town is scarce and expensive. The shuttle is $2 all day and runs until 9pm, and the parking lot is a mile or so from the hotel.
The room was clean, simple, and a little dated. The sheets were clean, the foam filled pillows were OK, the mattress was a bit lumpy. The bathroom was clean. Some of the walls were painted over not too long ago, though there was some peeling in spots. The room included a mini fridge and a microwave, and a small table with two chairs. The flat panel TV was HD compatible but the cable package included very few HD channels.
The place is 2 miles from Cooperstown, and even closer to the Cooperstown shuttle. Within walking distance are a couple of restaurants that I did not go to, and there is a small plaza with a grocery store and a couple of restaurants within a half mile. Cooperstown Field of Dreams is a mile away.
The modest facility has 4 separate buildings, 3 with nothing but guest rooms (one building has 2 floors), the fourth is the office and storage building. There is an ice machine and a soda machine, both located outdoors, up against the two story building. The office conatins the minimalist complimentary breakfast, and the staff was helpful enough, though I didn't interact with them other than check in and check out.
Note: Any hotel in this area, close to the Field of Dreams, is subject to the noise of guests going in and out at all hours. Games are played at the fields all day and night as long as the weather is acceptable, so players and parents will be constantly going in and out all day and all night, and the kids can be full of energy, too. Can't blame the hotel for this.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U. and getaroom.com so you can book your Red Carpet Inn & Suites Leatherstocking Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Red Carpet Inn And Suites Leatherstocking Lodge
- Red Carpet Inn & Suites Leatherstocking Hotel Cooperstown
- Red Carpet Inn Cooperstown
- Cooperstown Red Carpet Inn