“Great staff, very clean room and wonderful view of the lake!”

Bayside Inn & Marina
Ranked #5 of 16 Hotels in Cooperstown
GreenLeadersBronze level
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Great staff, very clean room and wonderful view of the lake!”
Reviewed 21 July 2014

We needed a room last minute and were fortunate that the Bayside Inn had a cancellation. The staff was very helpful and polite on the phone and during check-in. The room was VERY clean, updated and had a view on the lake. A short walk down the hill takes you to the lake.They offer free kayaks and canoes for guests. We were able to take a canoe out in the morning. They allowed us late check-out at noon, so we could be on the lake for an hour and have time to shower before we got on the road. The room was very quiet other than when the room above was walking during the night. The staff was wonderful, polite and charismatic at check-out. We will definitely stay at the Bayside Inn in the future if we are in the area and highly recommend this property!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Buzzard413

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
Seattle, WA
Reviewed 20 July 2014

We stayed at the Bayside to be in close proximity to Glimmerglass opera but we ended up wishing we'd stayed here longer. We rented the "railroad cottage" (26) which is a funky little set-up below a larger house. You have to go through the first bedroom to get into the second, which was a little bit of a surprise for us, but not in a deal-breaker way. The cottage has a full kitchen and a small patio with a charcoal grill. It was immaculate and well-kept. I was tickled that the towels and washcloths were various colors and prints--not your standard hotel white. The place worked out perfectly for us. The resort itself switchbacks down the slope to the lake and marina--a steep walk, but not undo able. Guests can borrow a canoe or kayak for FREE for an hour and then rent for longer if they like. Again, that was a surprise to us--we're used to the whole $10 for half an hour. The staff was amazing--they had so much local information. For example, on finding out that we'd hit Ommegang, they promptly recommended several other microbreweries in the area. I'd would stay at Bayside again when I am in the area.

Green Features: Awesome! They recycle everything and have recycling containers out for people to use
Ithaca, New York
Reviewed 20 July 2014

The Bayside Inn is just a mile south of the Festival. The Inn is right on the lake. Guests have access to the beach and the kayaks and canoes. The accommodations are clean and comfortable, the staff is friendly and helpful. We'd definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask for a lake view.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Lewiston, New York
Reviewed 17 July 2014

My boyfriend and I had a wedding to attend in Cooperstown and as we are not from the area, we needed a hotel for the night. The couple getting married suggested hotels for us, but when I looked them up online, the reviews deterred me. I did some google searching and came across Bayside Inn & Marina. I was a little apprehensive to staying anywhere given the reviews from other hotels in the area, but Bayside seemed better, so we went with it. We were coming from a long distance and needed to check in early to get ready for the wedding, when I called the day prior to check in to ask if we could, the woman on the phone said 'no problem, we will make sure it's ready for you'. When we got there (2 hours before check in time), our room was ready and the employees at the desk were very friendly and nice.... with cute little dogs that greeted us when we got there :) When we stepped in the room, it had a very nice cleanly smell and the room was spotless. I always go to check the bathroom immediately, as I have had bad experiences with dirty bathrooms, it was also spotless. While getting ready for the wedding, I dropped a cap to my lotion underneath the TV stand, which is like a small dresser type of furniture. My boyfriend had to move the TV stand away from the wall so that I could get the cap... there was no dust under there!!! I was shocked! The reviews I read online for other hotels complained about dust and insect and there was no such problems here! I was thoroughly impressed with Bayside. I would HIGHLY recommend this place to anyone staying in the Cooperstown area for just one night, or an extended stay. The location is also beautiful. It was great!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank ehans605
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 13 July 2014

We stayed in one of the Bayside Inn's little cottages for a long weekend and couldn't have been more pleased with our decision! After dinner we would put our little one to bed and play cards on the screened in porch overlooking the lake.

Room Tip: Most rooms/cottages have lake views. Check the cottage photos for the right layout for your needs.
Simsbury, Connecticut
Reviewed 12 July 2014

On a visit to the Baseball Hall of Fame I stayed here with my grandson. The room was VERY clean, there were plenty of towels, and the towels were fluffy. The two beds were very comfortable. The woman at the front office was pleasant and was willing to answer questions, assist, and make suggestions. The motel is 6 or 7 minutes from a parking lot where you can take a trolley bus into town ($2 for all day) and avoid trying to find parking in town during the day, and 10 minutes from Cooperstown.

Reviewed 11 July 2014

This motel was surprisingly nice! The price was so low I didn't expect much. We stayed in a king sized room in the main building (over the lobby). The lobby is wan and inviting, the staff is friendly. There's a living room area where groups could gather and play board games or watch movies, and an arcade room. Our room had wine and chocolate waiting (both delicious - highly recommend the truffles!) And was spacious. There was a small beach we walked to and the lake was beautiful. They had kayaks but we didn't get the chance to take one out. The staff was wonderful, very friendly and even had toothpaste on hand when I realized I forgot ours! I highly recommend staying here, and we hope to go back again soon to stay longer than just the night so we can take advantage of all the great amenities! Also, it was only a few miles to Cooperstown, so super convenient if you're doing things in town.

• Stayed June 2014
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cooperstown
Holiday Inn Express Cooperstown
Best Western Plus Cooperstown Inn & Suites
Terrace Motor Inn
Terrace Motor Inn
#10 of 16 in Cooperstown

Been to Bayside Inn & Marina? Share your experiences!