“Great location, magic view and walking distance from town center.”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Lake Front Hotel

and 1 more site!
Lake Front Hotel
Ranked #7 of 16 Hotels in Cooperstown
“Great location, magic view and walking distance from town center.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2012

You will be charmed not only by the magnificent lake that is right at the door step of your room but also by the welcoming staff. The hotel itself is very nice and it has a restaurant with a diverse menu. Best of all you can enjoy the one hour boat ride on the lake that is right there on the premises of the hotel.

• Stayed June 2012

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Alexandria, Virginia, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2012

I chose it for location, and it was great. But it seems an extra $100 was added for Hall of Fame Classic weekend. For $250, I expect a newspaper, facial tissue, an iron and ironing board, coffee in the room or in the front office, and ice I don't have to buy at the restaurant. I was barely in the door when the front desk called to say my cooler had to stay in my car. And I couldn't sit with my brother and his wife because my pation chairs were locked to the wall. The restaurant food was quite good but service was not. I had to empty the bathroom trash because the maid didn't do it. They changed the name to Lakefront Hotel after renovating, but it still seems like a motel.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank BillMFS
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2012 via mobile

A very nice, friendly local establishment. Clean, new and comfortable. And a reasonable price!
Right on the lake and walking distance to Main Street. We were very pleased with the overall value and experience.

Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
Connecticut
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2012

It has been renovated since they took the pictures that are on the website. It's much more modern now and the location cannot be beat and helpful. The hotel is right on the lake, but only just down the hill from the Hall of Fame. The staff was friendly. The walls are thin -- I could hear my neighbors talking, but it wasn't enough to keep me awake. We were in room 25 and it had a view of the lake (plus all rooms have deck chairs in front for relaxing and taking in the view).

We did the boat tour -- it's worth it for the view and a moment of relaxation (although the narration was a little campy for my taste). It was so relaxing, I fell asleep!

Breakfast was ok. It did cost more for anything other than the very basics but for $3.45 plus tip, my meal was decent enough. The young woman who was our waitress was odd, but just inexperienced (and perhaps a little lonely).

I would absolutely stay here again and recommend it to my friends.

Room Tip: I would recommend the rooms in the smaller building across from the check in place. That's where...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank nld128
Jersey City, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2012

My husband and I stayed here for one night in May 2012. Since it was low season, and the prices were reasonable, we chose a King Superior room, with a balcony overlooking the lake. The location is great, walking distance to the BHOF, and Main Street restaurants and shops. The room was clean, as was the bathroom, and the furnishings relatively new. My only faults with this place were the walls are paper thin, and the bathroom fan/light is painfully loud.
Overall, a good deal for off-season, I'm not sure I would recommend this place with their published high season rates though. For conveinence - it can't be beat. Peaceful setting as well, until one of your neighbors talks.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
College Station, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2012

This is a really nice, hidden away spot in Cooperstown which I happened upon due to all the chain hotels being full. It was the best if you like water and the lake surrounding you. It is very clean, nice people take care of it and the location is one of the best. Ask for the opposite side of where the office is---we looked out the window and within three feet of our room was water. It rained during our out of season stay(less expensive) so I was able to look out the window and enjoy the beauty of the area. It is a definite--we are going back here!!! Also, trip advisor had recommended it-the rooms are renovated and the picturethat shows the hotel is not as nice as the real thing. It is a very nice place!

Room Tip: Ask for the opposite side of the office-it is on the water
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank MaryBC6
Elmhurst, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2012

I organize group Sports related trips and this one was to Cooperstown. I took 11 rooms for the weekend of April 20th thru 22nd. The hotel is very nice. It is a very scenic and peaceful location right on Ostwego Lake. The rooms are very clean and comfortable. The staff is very accomodating and pleasant. Particularly, Rosey who helped in the booking of the rooms, James the night manager and Paula the owner. You're only a short walk to the Hall of Fame and Main Street where all the stores and restaurants are located. I would definitely recommend it if you're in that area and especially if you're going to go to the Hall of Fame.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank GUYMAC44
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cooperstown
Holiday Inn Express Cooperstown
#6 of 16 in Cooperstown
The White House Inn
The White House Inn
#2 of 29 in Cooperstown

Been to Lake Front Hotel? Share your experiences!