“Excellent!!!”

Ranked #10 of 29 Cooperstown B&B and Inns
Hazlet, New Jersey
“Excellent!!!”
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Stay here with my wife for a weekend trip to the baseball hall of fame this B&B was a short drive to the hall of fame and downtown Cooperstown. This B&B was great! the owners John and Kim are the most gracious people I've met they take care of you like your family and breakfast was awesome from the biscuits to the homemade jam. I would highly recommend this B&B to anyone visiting the Cooperstown area

• Stayed June 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

The scenery was breath taking! The house was beautiful and well kept. The owners were so friendly and made you feel right at home. It was clean cozy and comfortable.

When we walked in it smelled like fresh cookies. I highly recommend it. We will be back.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Stephanie S
Livonia, Michigan
Reviewed 6 October 2013

We had a wonderful time staying at the Willow Tree Inn. The Mapquest directions we had became frustrating, however, once we finally ended at our destination it was definitely worth the hiccup in directions! Ask for specific directions from the innkeepers and you will get there right away :) Once we got a handle on the twists and turns of Hwy 33, driving was a breeze! Advise we received on local happenings was great, breakfast was excellent and exceeded our expectations. The atmosphere was quaint, cozy, comfortable and quiet - just what we were hoping for. The other guests were fun to converse with at breakfast too. We would stay again when passing through the area. Operated by wonderful, caring people who are trying to live their dream.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lauren L
Astoria, New York, United States
Reviewed 27 September 2013

We were attending Glimmerglass Opera and needed a place to lay our heads afterwards. What a lovely find. The rooms are clean and sweetly decorated (without being cloyingly so). Kim's daughter showed us to our room and was just such a pleasure to meet. This family has a history of raising cooks, and Kim made a wonderful breakfast for us, with homemade jam, local honey and all the little details that make a person feel well cared for. They even have bottled water to take with you. I wish we had more time. They have a nice sitting room and a deck outback overlooking the rolling hills of Cooperstown. We were told it is a perfect place for stargazing.

Room Tip: Get better directions. Our GPS gave us a little detour.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Fairfax, VA
Reviewed 13 September 2013

I stayed 8 nights; my buddy came and stayed (separate room) 5 nights. John and Kim could not possibly have been nicer. Free use of the downstairs, extras from the kitchen, drinks, cookies and snacks readily available, and Chef John cooks wonderful breakfasts to order, ready at whatever time you want it. Kim prepares biscuits or muffins daily despite getting home from her "day job," nursing, late at night. BY FAR the best B&B I've stayed at in the Cooperstown area.

Room Tip: Room 1 (king bed) has a private non-attached bathroom, but right outside the door (like any normal h...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 11 September 2013

I stayed at this inn for three days in August 2013.
It is run by a couple who were very welcoming and generous with their conversation and recommendations for restaurants and local attractions.
This inn is in the country outside Cooperstown and make sure you get detailed instructions before setting out. If you are travelling at night, allow extra time for your trip- it is very dark at night and some parts of the area quite isolated, without anywhere to ask for directions. By the end of the 3 days, I felt that I finally knew my way around the backroads.
I stayed in Room 1, which was the largest room and very quiet at night. The bathroom was right outside my room and was for my use only (locked with key)
The breakfasts were terrific and I was served whatever I requested.
All in all, a great experience, I hope to return next summer.

Room Tip: I had Room 1, which was very large and comfortable. Very comfortable bed.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Sheldon C
NYC
Reviewed 11 September 2013

The innkeepers are very sweet and super helpful but need to pay more attention to details. Our room could have been cleaner. There was no shampoo or extra toilet paper in the bathroom. And we were served moldy toast one morning for breakfast..

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple