“Fun, friendly & delicious!” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Rose & Thistle Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #3 of 29 Cooperstown B&B and Inns
Underhill, Vermont
“Fun, friendly & delicious!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2010

My husband and I just met his longtime friend/wife in Cooperstown for a fun and relaxing weekend. We all stayed at the Rose & Thistle B&B and had a great time! Patti is a wonderful host - a natural - with a fun sense of humor and a manner that puts you at ease from the moment you meet her. Steve is a chef extraordinaire - 4-course breakfast extravaganzas included fresh fruit and whipped cream, out-of-the-oven bread pudding and quiche, fresh muffins and breakfast breads. Their sweet, small Westie terrier Morgan is quiet and unobtrusive and if you really must get your hands on a dog, she will graciously allow you to scratch behind her ears. The setting encourages relaxation - we watched an especially active thunderstorm with a number of the guests on the large wrap-around porch, generously furnished with wicker chairs and couches and surrounded by Patty's lovely flower beds. The B&B is just slightly outside the concentrated B&B massing of Cooperstown (a bonus!), but well within walking distance to town. We certainly hope to return in the future!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Pewaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2010

Had a wonderful experience with my first B&B. I arrived at The Rose and Thistle and was pleased from the minute I pulled up. The building itself is darling and charming beyond belief. It was a wonderful experience. Patti and Steve were wonderful hosts and were very attentive. My husband and son stayed on the grounds of "Dreams Park" in a week long baseball tournament, while I enjoyed my stay at the Rose and Thistle each day and night after the games. The breakfasts were delicious each morning and all the guests including myself enjoyed wonderful conversations over hot, fabulous coffee. A wonderful place to stay and a definite recommendation!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled solo
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2010

I spent a sumptuous week at the Rose and Thistle. What's not to love? The owners are delightful, the home charming and the town of Cooperstown adorable. I awakened each morning of my stay to the aroma of bacon and freshly brewing coffeee which gently (yet compellingly!) guided me downstairs to the beautifully appointed dining room for a gourmet breakfast. One can be as social or solitary as one chooses-- the public rooms invite pleasant conversation, but I equally enjoyed an hour or two each day reading on the front porch or in my room. I am looking for a reason to return.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled solo
Lake Stevens, WA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2010

Steve and Patti's Rose and Thistle Bed and Breakfast is a treasure! From Steve's hilarious and information-packed introduction to Cooperstown, to Patti's New York stories and the best breakfasts, this beautifully appointed inn offers a great location, warmth, rest, and a true family atmosphere. It's a short walk down the main road in town to all the Cooperstown attractions, and one of our best "finds" was a leisurely walk along the backstreets filled with quaint houses and beautiful gardens.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Marshville, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2010

My husband & I stayed at the Rose & Thistle on our trip to Cooperstown for our son to play at the Dreamspark. What a GREAT choice! The house was adorable, clean and cozy. The breakfasts were yummy and the owners, Steve & Patti were the best. They recommended places for us to go, made our dinner reservations and really surpassed their job as hosts. We felt like we were family by the time we left! We would highly recommend anyone to stay at the Rose & Thistle. As a matter of fact, we hope to go back one day and visit again. The location was perfect only minutes from anything you'd want to do in Cooperstown. I will suggest the Rose & Thistle to all my baseball friends who will be traveling that way!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2010

My wife and I were in the Cooperstown area for a wedding and stayed with Steve and Patti for four days. We have been to many B and B's over the last five years up and down the east coast and the south and we both agreed that this was the best place we have ever stayed. Steve and Patti were the two most gracious, generous, hospitable and truly down to earth hosts we have ever had the pleasure to meet. I will give them the highest recommendation possible and it was truly a wonderful experience. The stay at the Rose and Thistle was like staying with family. This was our first stay and we will always stay here on our future visits.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
Stewartsville, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2010

The Rose and Thistle is one of our favorite destinations. This was our 3rd time staying with Steve and Patti. They make us feel like family. Their house is absolutely immaculate, and so beautifully decorated. They always have little surprises in the rooms to make your stay more comfortable. Now lets talk about the breakfast, Oh My Goodness !!!! Patti sets the most beautiful table I have ever seen. She uses a different set of China each day. Every time we have stayed we were served something different. This time we had Apple Puffed Pancakes and Corn Pudding with a delicious fruit cup with homemade whip creme. They also offered a selection of other delicious breakfast items. This is a place that we will use for a fun, romantic getaway. Oh one more piece of info. I referred them to a friend that used their family suites next door and they had a ball. Their party had 2 adults and 3 kids and being right down the street from the Baseball Hall Of Fame and great restaurants and shopping I was a hero for a great recommendation. I give them thumbs up.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cooperstown
Holiday Inn Express Cooperstown
BEST WESTERN Cooperstown Inn & Suites
The White House Inn
The White House Inn
#2 of 29 in Cooperstown

Been to Rose & Thistle Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!