“A Gem in Cooperstown”

Ranked #3 of 29 Cooperstown B&B and Inns
South Shore, MA
“A Gem in Cooperstown”
Reviewed 16 August 2010

The Rose & Thistle is a perfect place to stay when you visit Cooperstown, NY! It is a beautiful bed and breakfast close to town. The innkeepers, Patti & Steve, are fabulous hosts. They know the area and have great suggestions. The rooms were tastefully decorated and immaculate! Breakfasts were delicious and different every morning. I was impressed with Patti's varied place settings each morning at the dining room table!
Our favorite suggestion from them: dinner at the Blue Mingo Grill at Sam's Boat House on Rt 80!!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Mamaroneck, New York
Reviewed 13 August 2010

My wife and I went to the Rose and Thistle and had a wonderful time there. The accomadations were phenomenal. Patty and Steve were great hosts. Steve is a little shy, just kidding, a great wealth of knowledge about Cooperstown. Patty was a warm and hospitatble host. The breakfast was great, Banana pancakes from scratch, mmm mmm. Still think about them. Next time we go to Cooperstown, I would oly stay with them, and I would reccommend it to everyone.
-Jen and Randy L.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
Underhill, Vermont
Reviewed 21 July 2010

My husband and I just met his longtime friend/wife in Cooperstown for a fun and relaxing weekend. We all stayed at the Rose & Thistle B&B and had a great time! Patti is a wonderful host - a natural - with a fun sense of humor and a manner that puts you at ease from the moment you meet her. Steve is a chef extraordinaire - 4-course breakfast extravaganzas included fresh fruit and whipped cream, out-of-the-oven bread pudding and quiche, fresh muffins and breakfast breads. Their sweet, small Westie terrier Morgan is quiet and unobtrusive and if you really must get your hands on a dog, she will graciously allow you to scratch behind her ears. The setting encourages relaxation - we watched an especially active thunderstorm with a number of the guests on the large wrap-around porch, generously furnished with wicker chairs and couches and surrounded by Patty's lovely flower beds. The B&B is just slightly outside the concentrated B&B massing of Cooperstown (a bonus!), but well within walking distance to town. We certainly hope to return in the future!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
Pewaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed 21 July 2010

Had a wonderful experience with my first B&B. I arrived at The Rose and Thistle and was pleased from the minute I pulled up. The building itself is darling and charming beyond belief. It was a wonderful experience. Patti and Steve were wonderful hosts and were very attentive. My husband and son stayed on the grounds of "Dreams Park" in a week long baseball tournament, while I enjoyed my stay at the Rose and Thistle each day and night after the games. The breakfasts were delicious each morning and all the guests including myself enjoyed wonderful conversations over hot, fabulous coffee. A wonderful place to stay and a definite recommendation!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled solo
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 14 July 2010

I spent a sumptuous week at the Rose and Thistle. What's not to love? The owners are delightful, the home charming and the town of Cooperstown adorable. I awakened each morning of my stay to the aroma of bacon and freshly brewing coffeee which gently (yet compellingly!) guided me downstairs to the beautifully appointed dining room for a gourmet breakfast. One can be as social or solitary as one chooses-- the public rooms invite pleasant conversation, but I equally enjoyed an hour or two each day reading on the front porch or in my room. I am looking for a reason to return.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled solo
Lake Stevens, WA
Reviewed 12 July 2010

Steve and Patti's Rose and Thistle Bed and Breakfast is a treasure! From Steve's hilarious and information-packed introduction to Cooperstown, to Patti's New York stories and the best breakfasts, this beautifully appointed inn offers a great location, warmth, rest, and a true family atmosphere. It's a short walk down the main road in town to all the Cooperstown attractions, and one of our best "finds" was a leisurely walk along the backstreets filled with quaint houses and beautiful gardens.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with friends
Marshville, North Carolina
Reviewed 2 July 2010

My husband & I stayed at the Rose & Thistle on our trip to Cooperstown for our son to play at the Dreamspark. What a GREAT choice! The house was adorable, clean and cozy. The breakfasts were yummy and the owners, Steve & Patti were the best. They recommended places for us to go, made our dinner reservations and really surpassed their job as hosts. We felt like we were family by the time we left! We would highly recommend anyone to stay at the Rose & Thistle. As a matter of fact, we hope to go back one day and visit again. The location was perfect only minutes from anything you'd want to do in Cooperstown. I will suggest the Rose & Thistle to all my baseball friends who will be traveling that way!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cooperstown
Holiday Inn Express Cooperstown
#2 of 29 in Cooperstown
Landmark Inn
Landmark Inn
#1 of 29 in Cooperstown

Been to Rose & Thistle Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!