Rose & Thistle Bed & Breakfast
Best Western Cooperstown Inn & Suites(Cooperstown)(Great Value!)
US$281
US$255
BestWestern.com
  • Breakfast included
Bayside Inn & Marina(Cooperstown)(Great Value!)
US$167
The Otesaga Resort Hotel(Cooperstown)
US$301
Official Hotel
Hickory Grove Motor Inn(Cooperstown)(Great Value!)
US$144
US$133
US$280
Cooperstown B and B(Cooperstown)(Great Value!)
US$218
Lake Front Hotel(Cooperstown)(Great Value!)
US$200
US$218
US$225
Official Site
The Cooper Inn(Cooperstown)
US$464
TripAdvisor
All reviewspastryother guestslively conversationeach morningbaseball hall of famebreakfast was deliciousdown to earthfront porchvisit cooperstowngreat place to stayart museumthird floorpattimorganboccaaccommodationsterrier
Reviewed 28 September 2010

Our first trip to Cooperstown was of course to visit the National Baseball Hall of Fame. It was a dream of mine for almost 40 years and finally to get there, it was awesome. The highlight of my trip. Spent 2 days there to soak it all in. We stayed at The Rose and Thistle Bed and Breakfast and what a lovely place. The inn keepers, Patti and Steve D'Esposito were the perfect hosts and charming people. Very intimate and family oriented and those breakfasts they served. Phenomenal. My husband and I recommend it to anyone when they're visiting Cooperstown and looking for accomodations. You will not be dissapointed.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 September 2010

I recently visited Cooperstown with my mom to visit the Hall of Fame. The Rose & Thistle B&B was fabulous. I have stayed in many B&B's, and this place had the best breakfast. The hosts were very friendly and accomodating. Our room was nicely decorated had everything we needed (private bath, TV, alarm clock, iron). The breakfast table was the hub of activity and entertainment and in the morning with the hosts chatting with the guests (no stuffy or awkward conversation moments). We had many laughs at the table. Also, the porch outside provided a relaxing place to rest, read a book, or converse with the other guests and the hosts. I would go back just for the inn!

Also, after getting lost on the way up, Patti provided me the most exact directions on how to get home - saved me tons of time! Ignore the GPS!

• Stayed: August 2010
Reviewed 2 September 2010

I love to read about all the choices when I go to stay somewhere and am happy when i have made "the perfect choice":) Our stay at the Rose and Thistle was just that. Patty and Steve are big in personality and they make you feel at home from the first minute. Patty has a great sense of humor which adds to the fun and Steve is the cook and mini historian and guide. They sit you down when you arrive and give you a list of recommendations and, if you want, they will call and make dining reservations for you. We chose Nicoletta's and the Blue Mingo..both were great, but if you have only one pick, I would go to the Blue Mingo. ....it is set on the lake and was very enjoyable. The breakfasts were wonderful, homemade by Steve. They are a little bit off the beaten track but only about a block from the trolley that goes all around the area, so there is no problem in getting into town. The BEST advice of the visit came from Steve who urged us to go to the Baseball Hall of Fame two hours before closing on our arrival day as the tickets would also be good for the next day. Those two hours on the third floor of the museum were the BEST....very peaceful and we could take our time with no crowds even in peak season. We sat alone and watched the old Abbot and Costello routine, "Who's on First" two times and we were the ONLY ones in the seated area! So thank you Steve for that. We had our ten year old grandson with us and there was no problem for Patty and Steve to have a youngster along ...some B&B's do not seem to welcome children at all but that was no problem here. One of my best memories was sitting on the porch with Patty and talking about the people in our lives that we have lost....we became quick soul sisters:)

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 August 2010

My husband, son, his friend and I just got back from our first visit to Cooperstown. We stayed at the Rose and Thistle Bed and Breakfast and what a wonderful choice we made by staying there! Everything about the place was fantastic! We stayed in Saras room which was beautiful, big, clean and you really felt like you were at home! The breakfast was delicious! My son loved the fresh fruit, when we got back home that was the first thing he asked for! And what can we say about the owners Patti and Steve! They were such great hosts! They open up their home to you, and make you feel so comfortable like you have known them for years! We also enjoyed the wonderful conversations! Cant wait to go back next year!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 August 2010

The Rose & Thistle is a perfect place to stay when you visit Cooperstown, NY! It is a beautiful bed and breakfast close to town. The innkeepers, Patti & Steve, are fabulous hosts. They know the area and have great suggestions. The rooms were tastefully decorated and immaculate! Breakfasts were delicious and different every morning. I was impressed with Patti's varied place settings each morning at the dining room table!
Our favorite suggestion from them: dinner at the Blue Mingo Grill at Sam's Boat House on Rt 80!!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple