“Fantastic experience, welcoming and accomodating owners.”

Cooperstown Lakeview Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #10 of 29 Cooperstown B&B and Inns
Reviewed 25 September 2013

Went with my wonderful girlfriend to visit the Baseball Hall of Fame and after reading other reviews decided to stay at the Lakeview Lodge. When we got their we were greeted warmly by Bridget, the inns owner who showed us our room and gave us great advice on where to eat and also a great place for us to view the stars at night with my telescope.
The room was very nice and the view was outstanding. I highly recommend this B&B to any couple visiting Cooperstown.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 10 September 2013

The Cooperstown Lakeview Lodge is lovely, located right in the woods with a direct view of Lake Otsego. It really seems like you are in the wilderness, but without the camping. My husband, 10 year old son and I stayed for two nights in the Denali room which was well appointed and very spacious with a fabulous Jacuzzi tub/spa shower in the bathroom. While we did not spend a lot of time during the day at the inn because we were at the HoF and other places in town, we enjoyed the delicious breakfast and gorgeous views from our room and dining room. Both Brigitte and Lou are very friendly, and went out of their way to make us feel welcome and comfortable. I avoid traditional “B&Bs” because I dislike Victorian décor and prefer a full service hotel, but Cooperstown Lakeview Lodge was tastefully furnished with all the amenities we needed. Brigitte also has a nice home furnishings store in town called Diastole which is worth checking out. I would highly recommend the Cooperstown Lakeview Lodge.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 September 2013

My friend and I have been to Ireland,hawaii, Las Vegas and New Orleans and I have never had the hospitality the comfort and the best relaxing trip as I did here at the lakeview lodge. it is a beautiful and quiet place, and Bridgette and Lou were the best host ever. I can't wait to go back. Oh and check out Bridgette's store in Cooperstown wow

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 September 2013

Awesome experience. Definite must stay if you are in Cooperstown for BB Hall of Fame or just need to get away. The lodge is beautifully decorated with a modern rustic decor. The owners take great pride in keeping it nice inside and out. Truly a peaceful place. Breathtaking sunset views. Truly a grand slam with this place!!!!!!

Room Tip: Any one you choose would be good......the one with the large tub was great!!!!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 August 2013

My partner and I were with a friend headed to the Hall of Fame and picked this place because of trip advisor and we were not disappointed. Brigitte and Lou are sincere, kind and attentive hosts. The lodge is just a sweet retreat! We had spent the day in town and had booked in for just one night. We never left once we got there! Our room had a deck overlooking Ostego Lake (Woodside Room, all rooms have decks and spectacular view) and we just chilled and enjoyed the scenery. The next morning we had a freshly prepared breakfast that we each chose the night before and it was ready with smiles from Brigitte in the morning. Sorry our stay was so short. We would surely head back and stay longer. Brigitte was so gracious with suggestions for the rest of our journey through the area and we couldn't be more pleased with our experience.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 August 2013

My wife and I have been travelling to Cooperstown for Induction Weekend for four years now, and we have stayed at The Cooperstown Lakeview Lodge (formerly Diastole) every time and every time has been absolutely wonderful!

Owners Brigitte and Lou are extremely welcoming, hospitable, and they make your stay very comfortable and relaxing. Their B&B is situated up on a hill overlooking Lake Otsego and the surrounding area is plush with trees and beautiful nature. It is so quiet and coming from Toronto, that is very much welcomed by us!

The accommodations are always spotless and very comfortable. We have stayed in two different rooms which are well equipped with anything that you need. They are spacious, well maintained and Brigitte and Lou are always there to help with anything.

Breakfast occurs between 830-9 am and their menus are different on a daily basis and you get to choose from a variety of items (the chocolate chip pancakes with sausage is awesome!) Breakfast takes place in a very window friendly room at the back of the house, overlooking the lake. Bird watchers would love it! Breakfast is usually filled with great conversation, wonderful food, and the admiration of the beautiful natural surroundings.

I can't imagine staying anywhere else in Cooperstown, we absolutely love it.

Room Tip: All rooms are great!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jonandangie
Reviewed 7 July 2013

Recently my partner and I stayed at Cooperstown Lakeview Lodge (formerly named Diastole). What a treat! Brigitte and Lou are two of the most warm and engaging people we have ever met. The place is absolutely clean, the surroundings are peaceful and the Lodge is only minutes from the Hall of Fame and town but far enough away to enjoy the scenery and view of Lake Otsego. The pictures on the website are true to scale but can't begin to show the warmth of the owners nor the quality of the lodge. Restaurants in town are wonderful. We also took the 10 minute drive to Cherry Valley for dinner at Rose and Kettle Restaurant. You must go there - the food is out of this world and the staff treats you like you're the only one in the restaurant. We would gladly drive up from NYC again to stay here. If you're looking to get away we highly recommend the Cooperstown Lakeview Lodge.

Room Tip: All rooms are great but the Woodside room is totally private.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cooperstown
Holiday Inn Express Cooperstown
Landmark Inn
Landmark Inn
#1 of 29 in Cooperstown
The Willow Tree Inn Bed & Breakfast

Been to Cooperstown Lakeview Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!