“Great B&B in Cooperstown”

Cooperstown B and B
Ranked #16 of 29 Cooperstown B&B and Inns
Sacramento
“Great B&B in Cooperstown”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2013

We love this B & B!!!! A historical home filled with nice people and yummy food!!!! Also, clean, quiet and convenient...our priorities! We had the upstairs attic room 7 with our own bathroom. Very clean and quiet. There is also a good sized parking lot. The B & B location is a nice walk to downtown Cooperstown and the Hall of Fame. You will have to drive to the Farm and the Fenimore art museums. We recommend you visit all the museums!

John and Linda are fun and welcoming people and you will feel right at home with them! We had a great time in Cooperstown and we wished we could have stayed another week! Go stay with them!!!!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2013

It was my first time staying in a B&B and being used to hotels, I wasn't sure what to expect. This placed lived up to its positive reviews. John and Linda were incredibly nice from the moment I called to book, to the day I had to change the reservation (which they allowed me to do with no penalty even though we were within the cancel policy), to the moment we all arrived, staggered. Two friends stayed the first night and I joined for the second night. I arrived early and was offered breakfast - which was delicious! So many of their guests are "return" guests and I can understand why. The guests that were there the same time as us were friendly and everyone would chat over coffee or on the lovely porch. John and Linda treated everyone as family. It was just an incredibly pleasant experience. It was a short walk into town, perhaps 15 minutes - to the restaurants and the HOF and shops. I highly recommend this place. We had Room 4, a small suite which was comfortable enough for three adults. We are already talking about a return trip.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
Media, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2013

We greatly enjoyed our stay with John and Linda. They were great hosts, friendly, welcoming, and accommodating, treated us like family.

The house is easy to find (on Rt. 28), a pleasant walk to/from the Baseball Hall of Fame and Lake Otsego -- about 2/3 mi to each -- and an easy drive to other attractions (Fenimore Art Museum, Farm Museum, Ommegang Brewery, etc.). Despite being on a main road, the house and rooms were very quiet.

Otherwise, the recent 5-star reviews accurately describe our experience. We hope John and Linda have a vacancy when we next plan to visit Cooperstown.

Cicero, New York, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2013

We booked an overnight at the Cooperstown Bed and Breakfast after reading reviews on Trip Advisor. The positive reviews were right on! The home is charming, many antique treasures to look at throughout the house. Our room #5 was lovely and immaculate. We sat in wicker chairs on the front porch with reading materials in hand. Linda offered us iced tea and a plate of cheese crackers and cookies. Both John and Linda joined us in conversation and we learned more about Cooperstown and its history, which was very enjoyable! They offered restaurant recommendations as well as tips on which shops to purchase baseball memorabilia.
Breakfast in the morning was served buffet style with an abundance of choices! There were homemade muffins and scones quiche, bacon, sausage, potatoes, fresh fruit, cereal, a variety of coffees and teas. There was something for every taste!
We would happily choose to return, as John and Linda seem like old friends!

1 Thank Richard B
Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2012

John & Linda went above and beyond on my quick stay with them. From recording a live event on TV for me before they had even met me or checked in - to watching my rental car in the parking lot for a bit to make sure the lights were eventually turning off (seriously, this Malibu must have had a 60-minute setting for its parking lights...). Free roam of the place including allowing my friends & Godsons (4 total) hang out all afternoon when they weren't even guests there. I agree with a lot of the good reviews I've read including a great breakfast with John's good eggs, cozy & comfortable livving room & bedroom (mine was #5) and Linda's knowledge of the town's goings on. Thanks John and Linda!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Mike S
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2012

The hubby & I truly enjoyed our stay for our anniversary at The Cooperstown B&B ~ John & Linda are super gracious hosts and provide a very clean, quaint, lovely bed & breakfast inn, great yummy breakfasts and all kinds of snacks to choose from on a daily basis, lovely living room area to watch an awesome wide screen TV and all kinds of books and reading materials with helpful information on things to do in the area, couldn't have asked for a nicer stay! They don't provide TV's in the rooms but that wasn't a problem for us. We appreciated how close it was to town (and The Baseball Hall Of Fame!), just a stone's throw away! If we ever are fortunate enough to get to Cooperstown again I'm sure Cooperstown B&B will be our choice for where we stay while there. Our room was very clean & comfortable and decorated in a charming manner~ can't say enough about our stay, was sorry to have to leave lol! If ever in Cooperstown (and be sure to visit The Farmer's Museum, fantastic tour very informative, great for the family!) be sure and give John & Linda a call, great value all the way around!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Meghan F
Syracuse, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2012

I was called to Cooperstown last minute on business during the week and spontaneously decided to stay here. The hosts were extremely gracious and helpful. The house was really delightful & comfortable. I especially appreciated the hot beverage station so I could make my bedtime tea. The breakfast was really wonderful and cooked to order! I loved my room & bathroom. If I have to stay overnight in Cooperstown again, I'll come here! Maybe next summer after a Glimmerglass performance. . .

Room Tip: the room I was in was perfect for a family!--2 bunk beds in 1 room and a separate room with a full s...