“Plenty of stuuf for the family”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cooperstown
Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park - Cooperstown
Reviewed 20 July 2013 via mobile

There is plenty of stuff for people to do. You got mini golf, horse shoes,arcade, movies,nice pool, fishing, boating and plenty of activities for the kids. This is one of the best
campgrounds ive been to in a long time, the workers are friendly and make the stay more joyable for adults and kids.

• Stayed: July 2013

Reviewed 8 July 2013

This was my first time at any jellystone parks- I have heard good things about others. This is not camping by any means and is the dirtiest place I have ever stayed at. The pool is murky, you can't even see the bottom. I stayed on July 7th and the bathroom was last cleaned on June 22nd (per the sign in sheet) The cabin site they assigned me to was flooded with water, with what I assumed had been from downpours, the grill and fire pit was surrounded by standing water. As the night went on the water level became higher (even though it had not rained in 3 days) and the water was rising from the ground, the stench became worse, it was sewage coming up from the ground. Disgusting. When I complained about it the staff was rude, condescending and cocky. We didn't even stay the second night we paid for that's how bad it was. My 5 year old LOVED the water slides, but seriously, save your money and go to a water park, this place was unclean (and I'm not talking about dirt and mud, I'm talking filth) and quite frankly filled with trash.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Hobie26
Reviewed 1 July 2013

I will start out by saying i have stayed at this park 5 times over the last 2 seasons and really liked the activities for the kids ,fun zone ect. Was seriously considering getting a seaonal site cuz are camper is 31 ft.and can be a pain to tow around but after this experience i am having second thoughts..its the weekend of 6/28/13..The area had received 6-8 inches of rain over the previous couple of days.I have made my reservation weeks ahead of time so i could secure one of the few full hookup sites.We get there to check everything smooth so far till we get the section with the full hookups and discover almost every campsite is under water and there are streams running down both sides of the road.Theres no way im putting my camper on that site.So knowing the sites are in this condition they went ahead and sent me there anyway towing a fully loaded 7000 lb.camper..THANKS FOR THAT JELLYSTONE STAFF!!! So i have to get the rig turned around in the process almost ruining the side of my truck cuz the camper was to big..They also knew at least a day ahead of my arrival that the sites were in the condition they were in could have called or emailed and gave me a heads up to see if i would like a different site or to reschedule..NOTHING! So i get turned around and drive all the way back up the the office they put me on a site at the very top of the property so far from anything you would have to drive to get to the pool and activities....Whatever ..

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Chazmarc
Reviewed 30 June 2013 via mobile

My family DH, myself and 8 year old boy/girl twins just returned from a weekend stay at Jellystone Camp Cooperstown. Please note it is not located in Cooperstown but about 20 minutes away. We arrived on Friday evening and were greated by security who were friendly and welcomed us letting us know that they had an express check in set up ahead. Check in was very quick and the ladies were helpful letting us know the many fun things that would be happening on this chocolate weekend:). We booked the 2 room rustic cabin. It was fairly close to a bath/shower. It had a cute front porch with a bench & we put 2 folding chairs on it. There was a screen then wood door to the cabin. The front room has small fridge, microwave, mr. Coffee style coffee maker, 1 full size futon, AC, and TV which got about 20 channels. The back room was separated by a curtain which was helpful for quick changes. The small back room had 2 sets of bunk beds with a table for game playing or eating in the middle. The AC worked well but next time I would bring a small fan to bring the air into the back bedroom better. My children enjoyed fishing and the water slides. We all loved candy bingo and even won. We made a camp fire each night in the fire pit they provide and there was also a standard picnic table on the spot. The bathrooms & cabins were kept pretty clean considering it rained a little each day. The general store had many supplies and treats. There is no on sight snack bar but we did enjoy the pancake bfast on Saturday. I know people mentioned the cell and wifi..I found it wonderful to take a break from my smart phone. I did get some service near the general store. We will be back before summer is out'

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed 16 June 2013

We spent this last weekend at Jellystone to celebrate father's day. Our three children had a blast . There was always something to keep them busy.. there seemed to be a different structured activity about every hour- hey ride, movie, craft, or other activity .. which kept all three of my kids aged 3 to 12 busy. Even when there was not a structured activity, the kids could go swimming or play on the playground. The camp also offered bike and boat rentals at a reasonable fee. The camp also seemed pretty well maintained compared to some camp grounds we have been to. We will be back again.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 June 2013 via mobile

Been coming here for years, 2013 updated sites, new electric etc! Better wifi too ! Good staff, great for kids! Clean restrooms, each season seams they are updating the park, It's not a day spa resort it's Camping! So bring your family and have a nice time always has full activities for the kiddies

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed 22 April 2013

I'd like to comment on some of the reviews that appear on here.
My experience with this campground from day 1 has been wonderful. We have been going back every year for 5 years now. No other place I'd rather camp.
First I have to say, if your looking for a 5 star resort, its not it. If your looking for all the comforts of home, this is not it but close. However if your looking for family time, camping, hiking, lake activities, and the great outdoors...this IS it! If your camping, then camp. Be flexable, after all its supposed to be vacation, relaxing and fun.
The Ranger danger that everyone is talking about has saved many kids from getting hurt. Yes, he was a little extreme but not to worry, he's no longer there. The security is better and very nice now.
The bathrooms are finished being renovated and they are beautiful. Very clean, I watch them being cleaned 3 times a day. They just redid alot of the sites and put the hook-ups on the correct side all the way around the lake.
As for cell service..this campground is in the middle of the country. Back roads, forests and many hills, so yes service is spotty but...if your camping, pay attention to your family and not your phone. Cable...really, at camp? Bring a dvd.
now wifi..I use it all the time at camp to upload pics to sharing sites..never had a problem.
This Jellystone has the best managers you coukld ask for and to say they are rude is really not accurate. They go way beyond to help people any way they can.
The activities are great. The fishing is great. The sites are great, sorry if you have a huge rig and can't fit to well..I always ask before making reservations at any campground to make sure I can put out my slide and have room. This is an older campground so the sites were built back when there were no slide and big diesel pushers.
We camp there 5 times a year which would be 25 times now, and never once a bad experience.
If your not used to camping, or hate the country, or expect everything to be perfect, you better stay in a motel rather then camp.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family