“new management”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cooperstown
Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park - Cooperstown
Oneonta, New York
“new management”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

Hurray! New management- I was hoping my last camping experience would be better however I will give the new management another chance as it appears the camp had been neglected over the winter. Bathhouses, laundry room, showers and especially the pool we not up and working for memorial day weekend. (which was the 3rd weekend hey were open) Activites had been very well constructed in previous years- this year the schedules were not such. Some familiar staff remain but alot of new also. I cant blame management for the wetness r/t weather but I did notice a great decrease in the activities even to the point that the hey rides remains however extremely shortened. (not worth waiting in line for) Hoping when I visit again in the near future thing will have improved.

1 Thank iluv2camp

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Binghamton
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014

My family and I have made it an annual family trip to come camping here every year. We love it so much we wouldn't go anywhere else. The weekends are full of fun activities that keep you busy and entertained! The staff are wonderful and very accommodating to any problems you may have. If you have children this is definitely the campground for you!

• Stayed June 2014
2 Thank FB2306
Norwich, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

As said in other posts This campground is under new management and they are trying their best to get the place ready.We had reservations here for Memorial weekend. We reserved a site with water, electric and cable.We never got our site location until we checked in . Our site was on top of the hill and it is quite a walk to any activities. When we first got there we could not get in to our camp site as there was a truck blocking it and we had to leave the truck and camper there and walk all the way back to the office. 20 mins or so later they decided to give me a different site. Now this worked in our favor as it was a bigger site. The bathroom that was closest to us was closed due to renovation and there was a bite of a walk down the hill to the next one. The First Night rained so we tried the cable and it did not work and when i inquired they said they were working on it, but the next day I was checking out all the cables and after seeing cable wires hung from trees running in to amps and i knew there was not going to be any cable this weekend. As far as cleaning I to personally saw them cleaned every day we were there and on Monday they removed all the garbage around the park. The pool was not ready and never opened until Sunday . They advertise a heated pool, but guess what that was broke also. The pool was way to cold the kids stayed to swim about 10 mins . The campers are so close there is not much privacy. The kids are running all over with bikes and the peddle cars i was so afraid someone was going to get hit . They would ride right be hind you if you was backing out of a parking spot. The campground had a bouncy-type water slide area for the kids and mine had a blast. We was booked to stay until Tuesday so we looked forward to using the water slides on Monday witch never got put up as we were told they were under staffed to run them . How ever With all that being said we were very happy with the customer service I found the staff to be friendly even when i was clearly not. The manager come out and talked to me and like i said before she told me the had new staff and under new management. They had fun things for the kids to do. The candy Bar Bingo was the best . I can see how this park could be great. So i booked to come back in July hope things are better then. I will post another review then...

Room Tip: If you reserve a site you should go to the camp ground or call them to reserve it so you can ask for...
1 Thank Anthony W
New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

The campground is under new management and they are trying their best to get the place ready. When we arrived, our site was too muddy for us to stay on w/three grandchildren BUT I have to congratulate the manager, Ralph on making alternate accommodations for us. The mud was caused by recent downpours and they tried to take care of it by filling it in w/stone and sand, but it was just washed away before it could set and dry. Anyway, we were very happy with the customer service that Ralph provided to make us happy. The kids had a great time, regardless that the pool not being ready until Sunday and then it was too cold for them to swim. (The heater was not working). The campground had a bouncy-type water slide area for the kids and mine had a blast. I found the staff to be friendly. My son has been to this campground several times and recommended it to us.All in all, it was a good time and since it was Memorial Day, I didn't expect too much swimming anyway. Someone posted that the bathroom were only cleaned every other day ... I personally saw them cleaned every day we were there. We stayed just across from the lake so i am not familiar with the sites beyond that.

2 Thank JestMe
Binghamton, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2014

We had reservations here for Memorial weekend. We reserved a site with water, electric and cable.Our site was on top of the hill and it is quite a walk from there to any activities.First our cable did not work and when my husband inquired they said they were working on it, but after seeing cable wires hung from tree limbs we realized that there was no cable. The pool was not ready and never opened until Sunday in which case they advertise a heated pool, but guess what that was broke also. The pool was way to cold for anyone to swim. The campers are butted up so close its hard for privacy. The kids are running all over and it seemed very chaotic. The staff were older, probably retired camp workers who seemed very miserable and you could tell they were not having a good time. This place is far from a resort and should have had everything up and running before memorial weekend. Quite a few of us up on that hill got together. Save your money until they get this campground up to par.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these Cooperstown hotels

Cassville, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2014

it started off to a rock start with some electrical issues in our rental cabin, but I have to say that the entire experience was top-notch. The staff and managers took very good care of us in a courteous and friendly way. The campground is under new management this year, and every employee we spoke with or interacted with were beyond friendly and helpful. I was there with my two elderly parents and my five year old daughter, and she had an absolute BLAST! On the morning we were to check out, she began crying because she didn't want to leave. My daughter spent quite a bit of time fishing and caught quite a few fish, as well! I really have to compliment the managers and staff for doing an awesome job updating the campground and making people feel welcome. We will definitely go back again and again!

Thank you for giving our family suck a great experience and we hope to see you more over the summer!

2 Thank annemaries41
Wallkill, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2014

We have been to this campground 4 times. Every time better than the other. Bathrooms are being updated which was much needed! The bathrooms are up on the hill. Little bit of a hike from where we stay on the lake. The women in the store were absolutely great to my daughter every time we went in there. We never had any probs with loud people or rude staff. The location of the park is in the middle of nowhere and there is no direct way to get there. Cooperstown is about a half hour away but that's what I like. I wanna be out in the country with plenty of farm stands and places to get good cheap firewood. I love going here and plan on going again this year

• Stayed August 2013