“The kids LOVED it, but great improvements could be made...”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cooperstown
Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park - Cooperstown
Reviewed 12 August 2014

We stayed two years ago in a rustic cabin and found the accommodations to be exactly as expected. The pool was heated, the quiet hours were enforced, the grounds and bathroom were neat and clean. No WiFi or Cellular, but we were camping so no big deal. We decided to return this year, but the only rental available was a trailer. We were excited to stay in it, until we discovered that it was loaded with mouse droppings! We approached the office about it, and they said that the unit had been cleaned two days before, but that the droppings just reappear overnight and they can't do anything about it. There was poop on the table, counters, drawers where the cookware is stored, in the beds, EVERYWHERE. Nonetheless, the kids didn't know any better and because the weather was good, spent much of the time outdoors anyway. My sister and I cleaned every surface of that trailer in the two days we stayed. We did not see a mouse and the droppings did not reappear during our stay, but we were fairly disgusted by it and chose not to eat inside the trailer. Being that the management don't want to put potentially harmful traps or poisons in a place where there are children, I feel that they should not rent the trailer until the situation is rectified. It is the trailer on site #156 and this was our only significant issue. Three little things: there wasn't any wifi connection, the pool was ICY (apparently the heater is broken), and they desperately need to repave the roads (we watched kid after kid spill on bikes and scooters), but it didn't matter for a three day and two night stay. Hopefully the new management will catch up to the situation they were handed soon...I do see attempts for improvement. The Gaga pit was great, the craft days were fun, the dance party is always a great time, and the water slides were well supervised. We will return, but are more likely to rent a cabin...

Room Tip: Don't rent the trailers until mouse issue is managed.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Ehyatt73

Reviewed 5 August 2014

My family and I have stayed at other campgrounds in the area and gave Yogi a try this past weekend. The activities were alright for the kids, thinking about coming back on a weekend where there is a little bit more going on. Some things could use some improvements, bathrooms could be redone like the one where the laundromat was. A majority of the staff was kind and very helpful although there were a few that still had some bad attitudes, or maybe it was a bad day. One thing that we did not enjoy was how close the sites were, did not leave a lot of room for activities at our site. The store was clean and everything was reasonably priced. There definitely is some work to be done, maybe we will try to come back again next year.

Room Tip: Up on the hill.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank otown4life
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

We came here for a birthday and we has a good time. Some of the place is dated, very dated. The pavilions and one of the bathrooms need to be refurbished. The pedal bikes need to be replaced as they are rusting away. It was a very nice trip and our cabin was plenty big for the 4 of us. It was disappointing that the advertised Wifi was very spotty. Overall the staff was very nice and if some of the park gets updated I will stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank Kafrederick1
Reviewed 2 August 2014

My wife and I stayed for a three day holiday in June. The staff were helpful and friendly! Although busy for the holiday weekend, we found the site clean, staff ready and willing to help with any and all requests we had. The lake view from our trailer was perfect!

• Stayed: June 2014
3  Thank Filicampi
Reviewed 28 July 2014

This was hands down the worst campground I have ever been to. We stayed for Three nights at the end of July.
1. You are in the middle of nowhere. Drive safely, many deer around. Will be quite a drive to find a grocery store or gas station. No cell reception, and Siri on my iphone was unable to get enough service to work as GPS. The area is BEAUTIFUL though; we thoroughly enjoyed the drive. It is a very pretty 35 minute drive into cooperstown; the camp provided us with directions to Cooperstown and we bought groceries/got gas while we were there.
1. Camp store hours: 9am-8pm. Many supplies, not overpriced. Bundle of campwood was overpriced at $6. Not very friendly staff.
2. Camp sites are TINY, sloped and GRAVEL. Yes, even the tent sites will be made of sharp gravel rocks.
3. Dog friendly. Honestly, occassional barks don't bother me. However, when we first pulled up to our site I had to clean several pieces of dog poop up off of it before being able to set up any of our gear.
4. Filthy. Yes...filthy. When we arrived our fire pit was full of trash and cigarette butts from the prior campers. Our lake front site had solo cups and beer bottles floating in the water. The bathrooms stunk worse than most outhouses I have been in. A general smell of sewage throughout the site (worse near the pool). This was not a smell a manure from teh surrounding cow farms; it was a distinct sewage smell.
5. No security presence or enforcement of quiet hours. Listen, I can handle music, laughter and familiies having a good time. But, when it gets to be 11pm, midnight, 1am I fully expect that security asks people to keep it down and dull the music. We had an unfortunate experience with a camper screaming obscene profanities at the top of his lungs throughout the night. Security never came or asked him to be quiet. They did arrive at 8am the next morning and kick them out, but nothing was done overnight. (Yes, the tell you to call security with problems but we had no receptions and let's be frank...the guy was loud enough anyone in the park heard him).
6.Pool hours: The pool is only open 11am-8pm which I don't think is enough. however, the pool was locked until 11:35 Saturday morning when multiple campers tried to find staff to come unlock it. We were just continually told "someone is coming". THere as a line of about 20 people waiting to get into the pool. The pool itself is large, ample seating. My kids' feet are covered in splinters from the pool deck. The smell of sewage at the pool was extreme.
7. Bathrooms: I'll admit I'm out of shape, but the walk up the hill to the bathroom was killer. It was a long,steep walk. My kids slipped on the hill several times and I just didn't enjoy it.
8. Skunks.
9. The main road is a line of tent and camper sites along the lake with a row of cabins on the other side of the road. If you are in a tent the cabin porch lights will shine into your tent like a spotlight. The sites are crazy close together. We paid for water and electric, but our neighbors had sent their tent up right under our water spicket so we couldn't use it without soaking their tent (they had nowhere else to put their tent in their defense).
10. At 8am the talking over the loud speaker started "Good Morning Jellystone, come get breakfast sandwiches" "Maryann please report to the office".
11. Smoking: lots of smokers there and all three times I went to the store a staff member was smoking on the front porch of the store.
12. Wet and wild Weekend: 5 hours of staff members (some with shirts, some without) riding around in the back of a truck with huge buckets of water using super soakers to soak campsites. Other campers in trucks and go carts going around soaking campsites. They are only supposed to soak you if you are armed, but with our tent right by the road getting wet was inevitable. This lasted for 5 hours. 5 hours of campers and staff driving back and forth on the road screaming and squirting water. Loud chaos. Not anything calm or relaxing about it.

Room Tip: The lakeside tent site was really pretty at night especially. The campfires all face the lake. The l...
8  Thank Melissa K
Reviewed 27 July 2014

I love going to Yogi Bear's Jellystone Parks because my daughter loved them but this particular park is my least favorite! First thing I did not like is that this is in the middle of nowhere on the country side and it sucks if you want to go out and explore a little because you have to drive very far to get to any attractions! The closest supermarket and gas station was more than 10 miles away and it's small! The next thing I really didn't like is the check in which is 1 guy with a bunch of yellow bags sitting in a bench by where the Saturday night dance is held and he does nothing to tell you to stop here to check in and was not wearing a park uniform and there was no sign so we drove around until guest who already checked in told us where to go! They just gave me my receipt, a map to where my cabin was and sent me on my way, they didn't even take my deposit(but I'm not complaining lol). The campsite is almost this big open space with a few trees between the cabins and we were in site 236 which was way up the big and bad hill and they sold out of the golf carts so we always had to take our car to get to places but the bad thing is so did everybody else who were on the top of the mountain or on the other side of the park and that created traffic on the already small and damage roads around there! The next thing I really but I mean really hated was that they did not have any signs telling people to pick up after their dogs or any workers enforcing it because everywhere you went there was dog poop all over and it was disgusting!!! I have never been to a Jellystone Park that allowed that crap to happen and they need to fix it!. Our cabin was pretty clean but in every corner including those of the bunk beds there was spider webs with all types of insects and it seems like it was not cleaned in a long time so that's the only negative thing I can say about housekeeping! We stood in a 2 room efficiency cabin which was not that bad at all! 4 bunk beds with a table right in the middle and a small TV with about 20 channels, a FULL size bed right across the kitchen a small bathroom! The toilet was loose so every time you sat down it made a loud noise that made you think the person inside fell or something and the shower curtain was not long enough because water always came out, the water pressure really, really sucks and the shower head was loose and we could not fix it so you really had to get close to the wall to take a good shower!

Our theme weekend was Wet N Wild which is by far the dumbest and boring theme we could have picked because all they do is get on a truck and wet those armed with water guns with the nasty green water from the lake! There was another family in their own truck wetting people and a few kids with their own water guns wetting back but that was it! They charge you $1 to try and hit the bell to dunk a person into the gallon of lake filled water! That should have been free and was a joke! They had arts and craft which basically was stapling 2 plates together and giving kids markers that barely worked and broken crayons. They had this candy search thing were Yogi Bear came and through candy in the grass filled with poop already and the kids took their flashlights and look for the candy but the sad part is that the candy was candy canes they had left over from their christmas theme and they told all kids to get up to 5 pieces but did not have enough for all kids there and we ended up most are candy away since my daughter doesn't really care for candy canes and because the other kids couldn't find any candy!

Some of the good things about the park is that most of the staff was good! The characters were friendly and interacted with the kids well! The candy bingo was fun for everybody, the dance party was good and the kids enjoyed the good music and light effects and the DJ played all the request the kids made but I was mad that none of the characters came out to dance since they do in all the other parks I've been too! The Hey Hey ride was good as well and they had a lot of things in the store that were very well priced and nothing to expensive! The ice cream was Hershey's ice cream for $1 per scoop which is well worth it! The water slides are good and the pool is good but the water is always freezing and they need a pool warmer! The playground is ok as well! They need to bring out Yogi and his friends more because that's who the kids want to see! I wont be returning to this park but my daughter made the best of it and had fun!

1  Thank Amanda N Joshua L
Reviewed 27 July 2014

My husband and I have been camping for over 30 years, both with and without kids. This was our first camping trip to a Jellystone Park and we went with our daughter, her husband, and their 2 young kids. Very happy with everything at the campground. We had a great site; the staff was very helpful and friendly; the characters were out and about, and stopped to "chat" with our grandkids. Clean rest rooms; garbage picked up twice a day; our fire pit was cleaned when we needed it; staff asked if we needed anything on their golf cart trips daily. The lake was beautiful and the grounds clean. There was a problem with one of the restrooms but actions were taken quickly to get it up and running again. Will definitely want to come back here! Kids - and adults - had a great time!

Room Tip: No AT&T service except "sometimes" right at the Registration Center Sites with full u...