Tunnicliff Inn
Baseball Town Motel(Cooperstown)
The Hotel Pratt(Cooperstown)
The Cooper Inn(Cooperstown)
View Hotel
The Inn at Cooperstown(Cooperstown)
View Hotel
The Otesaga Resort Hotel(Cooperstown)
Lake Front Hotel(Cooperstown)
Landmark Inn(Cooperstown)
Mohican Motel(Cooperstown)
View Hotel
All reviewsno elevatorgreat locationrestaurant downstairsmiddle of townhall of fameeggs benedictan older buildinghistorical buildingbreakfast buffetcinnamon rollscreaky floorsmain streetwalking distancequeen roomoff seasonwould definitely stay here againthird floor
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 June 2011

We stayed 2 nights at the Tunnicliff for the Hall of Fame Classic Weekend. Upon arrival, we were promptly greeted by Tom who gave us a tour of the Inn, showed us where the restaurant was, where breakfast would be in the morning, where the ice machine was, and then helped us carry our bags to our rooms. The 2 roll-away beds for the kids were already set up. He showed us all the features of both rooms (we had the Cooper Executive & the Kingfisher Executive rooms) and then took me outside to show me where I could park our car. He refused to accept a tip, only saying that he hoped we would have a very enjoyable visit. The Inn is literally a 1/2 block from the Hall of Fame and is centrally located right off Main Street. You cannot beat this location!!! It is an old building, but that made it seem as though we were staying at a friends/relatives house - which actually made it seem all the more welcoming.

The complimentary breakfast is FANTASTIC. 2 types of eggs, pancakes, sausage, bacon, fruit, cereal, pastries, etc. - way beyond the typical continental breakfast. They replenish the food often, so everything was always fresh. The on-site restaurant was delicious as well and we ate both dinners and lunch there. The Friday/Saturday specials can't be beat - $14.95 for your choice of steak and shrimp, prime rib, or lobster!

You can not go wrong here folks! We had such a great time at the Tunnicliff Inn and will definitely be back!!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank TheGraffs
Reviewed 25 June 2011

My wife, two kids and I stayed one night at the Tunnicliff Inn as a spur of the moment on Hall of Fame Weekend. The service was excellent. First, we needed to check in late, so the front desk, which usually closes up at 10pm, offered to stay late until we arrived at 10:30pm. Secondly, the man at the front desk, who stayed late, showed us around the hotel, explaining about the breakfast the next morning and showing us where the ice machine was then taking us to our room. When we got to the room, we already found the fold away bed in our room, waiting for us. Lastly, when I offered a tip to the man, he refused and just said that he doesn't take tips. Breakfast the next morning, which was free with the night's stay, was very delicious. The room was a little on the small side, but being one of the oldest buildings in the village, this is to be expected. The bed was very comfortable, and the flat-screen TV was also a nice bonus. The hotel's entrance way could use a little updating, especially a new carpet. The hotel is only steps away from the Baseball Hall of Fame, Doubleday Field and Main St. A great place to stay at one of the best little villages in the U.S.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Burgs4862
Reviewed 16 June 2011

After visiting the Hall of Fame, me and my wife considered camping in the area, but as dark clouds came in we decided to call a few hotels. After finding most rooms for over 150.00 per night and some twice that we were near giving up. Although we did find two Motels cheaper as we drove by we laughed because they looked worse than a wet tent. Finally we called the Tunnicliff when driving through town one final time and were amazed when he said $75.00 with a free breakfast and we jumped!
The bed was an amazing pillowtop queen size, the room was spacious with a fridge, and all the other normal amneties. It was nice to see two large wine glasses waiting on the table for us and I walked a half of a block to a liquor store to pick up some pinot. Theres also a great coffee shop just across the road, and the Hall is VERY close!!
The breakfast in this place was out of this world! Not your average continental...It was full of scrambled eggs, and Italian scrambled, real bacon, sausage, whole wheat pancakes, cereals, fruits, pastries, and ohhh thoses cinnimon buns!!!!!

Overall you cant beat the price and location, I will definitely stay there again!

Room Tip: we stayed on a monday night
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank timigregory
Reviewed 25 April 2011

My husband, 4 year old son and I arrived at the Tunnicliff Inn for a 4 day stay and were
warmly greeted by Tom, the manager. Although we arrived a bit earlier than scheduled our King size room was ready and available. The room was clean and cozy, with a
fireplace, small refrigerator, coffee maker and a flat screen tv. In addition there was a
large sofa and writing desk. This hotel is the closest to the National Baseball Hall of
Fame Museum, which was the focal point of our vacation. The Inn provides a complimentary breakfast between 8:30 am - 10:00 am. It is a great bonus - with a nice variety of foods - such as scramble eggs, bacon, sausage, cold cereal, coffee, juice,
pastries and fresh fruits. The Tunnicliff Inn also has a restaurant which my husband and
I ate at practically everyday. The food was very good, with excellent service and reasonable prices. We notice that many of the locals were frequent visitors. Across from the inn is the Stagecoach Coffee - which has great coffee and other goodies. Tom, the manager was great and works very hard at making sure the guest are happy. We
recommend the Tunnicliff Inn for a nice relaxing stay.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank NYC-10199
Reviewed 11 January 2011

My husband, 8-year old son and I brought my parents-in-law to Cooperstown to visit the Baseball Hall of Fame for their anniversary/Christmas present. I specifically chose the Tunnicliff Inn because of the awesome proximity to the Hall, and for the food since we ate there at the restaurant the last time we were in town. The staff was extremely helpful and friendly, our rooms were very quaint (yes, the place is old--with history--but it holds its charm nicely), well equipped with a TV (need that for my son), but also quiet for reading time (very relaxing). We had the breakfast buffet which pleased our palettes for the start of the day, and had dinner in the restaurant which was fabulous. We would definitely go back there again!

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family