“so much fun!!!”

Cooperstown Beaver Valley Cabins & Campsites
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cooperstown
Cooperstown Beaver Valley Cabins & Campsites
GreenLeadersSilver level
Middlefield, New York, United States
“so much fun!!!”
Reviewed 21 May 2014

we got married on the grounds 3 years ago and we visit every year for our anniversary. alot of different activities to do in one place great value on the rooms. freindly n helpful staff. we will continue to include them in our tradition!!!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends

Couples
Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Auburn, Massachusetts
Reviewed 4 April 2014

My husband, myself, and our two children visited Beaver Valley last summer for a long weekend. Our kids fished in the pond, played on the playground, used the little league baseball field, and went paddle boating. My daughter particularly loved feeding the horse carrots and apples, and we even saw a beaver one evening! I liked that I could see the playground from our campsite (to keep an eye on the kids) and that the pool area had a small pool for my young son to wade in. The staff were friendly and accommodating and I loved that my kids were able to be kids in a safe environment. Highly recommended and we will visit again soon.

1 Thank Jennifer399Shaw
Auburn, Massachusetts
Reviewed 3 April 2014

My family and I book our vacation every year at Beaver Valley. We are not true campers, as we do not like sleeping in tents. Beaver Valley Campgrounds, has cozy log cabins available that sleeps a large family. We have traveled with really young children, toddlers as well as older children. There is a playground in the center of the campground and a kiddie pool. The grounds are clean and well maintained. The kitchen has a stove and frig, but we never cook on it, as every cabin comes with its own fire pit! The pool is crystal clear and the wooded area is well maintained so we can take leisurely walks. We love the pond and the baseball fields, and there always seems to be a lively game going on. The nights are the best when you sit out under the stars with the campfire. The owners are always willing to oblige our last minute request for marshmallows or help starting the campfire which we always seem to need. The owners are great people and are consistently genuinely nice. We wouldn't miss it for the world! We just booked for August, can't wait. Rich, Kathy & Joe

Room Tip: Who needs room service when you have the stars over your head.
hawthorne, nj
Reviewed 7 September 2013

My son and I stayed in the 'log cabin trailers' which were fine. The pool wasn't open and very little to do (beside a swing set) on the grounds. You are totally responsible for keeping the cabin clean. When we left, we were in such a hurry to be out by 10AM checkout (3PM check in) that we concentrated on cleaning the cabin and forgot a few items in the refrigerator and ice packs in the freezer. Also left 2 full bottles of shampoo ($12) in the shower. I called the next day (was hoping the would get in touch with me, but they did not) and asked if they had the items we left and was informed that they routinely dis guard everything in the refrigerator. As disappointed as I was that they through out the freezer packs, I asked if they could send back the shampoos. They said OK and took my charge card # to pay for it and then told me the post office said they couldn't ship shampoo. I spoke to my local PO which said they definitely could. I called them and they asked me to call their PO which, I did and they said they never said that. I then (time waster) called 3 PO's in there area to find the 'bubble envelopes' I get from my local PO so they could ship back the shampoos. No POs in there area had them but said they had regular envelopes and would send them with the postal delivery person. I then, called them back and the owner (who previously said she would send them back) said she would not send them back, that it was a waste of her time. If anyone spent time on this, it was me. I'm extremely disappointed that they wouldn't have held everything we left for a few days or called me to ask what I would like them to do with the things ($30+ worth) that we left. And more disappointed that they refused to send them back at my expense. The owner said (sarcastically) I could come back (4 hours) if I wanted to retrieve them (even though they through out most of the items). The owner was VERY rude and in my opinion unprofessional. My family will NEVER stay at their campgrounds again.

Room Tip: DON'T There are many other accommodations in the area.
3 Thank Daniel C
BeaverValley, Owner at Cooperstown Beaver Valley Cabins & Campsites, responded to this review, 19 March 2014
We are very sorry that you did not see that our swimming pool and kiddie pool were open while you were here. You and your son would have enjoyed yourselves! We keep the pool open from Memorial Day through Labor Day, closing it only for inclement weather.

We are also sorry that you did not notice the timber playground that is adjacent to the swings, sandbox and the fenced preschool play area. We have bass fishing, a paddle boat and row boat rental, basketball area, tetherball, game room, walking paths and a fossil pit. Our Little League field along with the L-screen and pitch-back is available for our guests to use. I apologize if these things were not pointed out more clearly to you on the map we gave you when you checked in.

We do not provide daily housekeeping services for our cabins. We do mention this on the website, but we will try to make it more apparent on the website and in our other literature. We have tried to provide a check-out list that is reasonable for our guests asking that: "the dishes are washed, the gas grill is turned off, the refrigerator is emptied, the campfire extinguished and the trash brought to the dumpster." It is not our intention to have our guests spend their vacation time cleaning! We want our guests to spend their vacation time enjoying themselves!

It has always been our policy to throw out everything that is left in the refrigerator. The cleaning girls felt terrible that you were so upset, but I could not reprimand them as they did what they were trained to do. When we spoke on the phone, I did my best to apologize and to explain that the refrigerator items were already in the dumpster and that the shampoo had already been donated to our local food bank. Because you were so upset, I went to the food bank and got the shampoo back for you. You wanted it mailed in a particular Tyvek bubble bag from the post office. I drove to 3 post offices but as you stated, none of them had one. I was also told by a postal worker that they would not accept shampoo packaged that way. I know you said that your post office would, but the postal worker I spoke with said they would not. When my next step was to drive to a post office in Utica which is 1 hour one way to get the bubble bag, I decided I had to tell you no. I just felt that you were asking too much of me. I was not being sarcastic when I said I would hold the shampoo for you; I was being sincere. In the end, we donated the opened bottles of shampoo back to our local food bank.

We have returned countless cell phone chargers, DVDs, video games, articles of clothing, baseball cleats, bats, books, cameras, earrings and even a small trophy...all at my expense. I hope the $50 special discount you were given provides some solace. I never meant to be rude or unkind or unprofessional or sarcastic. I am sorry if I came across that way to you.
Butler, New Jersey
Reviewed 9 August 2013 via mobile

Our baseball families stayed at the campground while the boys played at Dreams Park. We had a wonderful week and our one bedroom cabin was just perfect. Plenty of room and everything we needed. We would definitely stay again.

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank dkono911
Reviewed 19 August 2012

The campsites were large and open. The noise level wasn't the best but a call to the office saved the night. A stocked fishing pond and a ball field make the campground worth it. It is very close to all the baseball events in Cooperstown.

• Stayed August 2012
Camden, North Carolina
Reviewed 4 August 2012

I have stayed at this campground on 3 separate occasions. I will not stay anywhere else. The owners of the campground are very nice people and will o out of their way to help others. the campground is ver nice. I always stay in a rustic camping cabin. they have updated the bath house since my last visit in 2010. they had added more cabins. the grounds are kept cut and clean. the pool is nice. I would recommend this campground to anyone.

Room Tip: it's according to what you are looking for. tent site, rustic cabin or cabin with bathroom.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank PityPat65
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cooperstown
Holiday Inn Express Cooperstown
#7 of 16 in Cooperstown
Bayside Inn & Marina
Bayside Inn & Marina
#5 of 16 in Cooperstown

Been to Cooperstown Beaver Valley Cabins & Campsites? Share your experiences!