“Gateway Inn and Suites”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Cooperstown
Gateway Inn & Suites of Cooperstown
Ranked #8 of 16 Hotels in Cooperstown
westchester county, ny
“Gateway Inn and Suites”
Reviewed 18 September 2013

Clean, comfortable, friendly, quiet. Great owners. Love the art work in the rooms. Stayed July 2013 for week at Dreamspark. Had the Commissioner Suite. We had a max of 4 staying in the Suite at a time. Definitely large enough that we all had our own space. Kitchen and fridge were a big help for early morning breakfast before very early games. Would have liked a room a/c unit in the bedrooms, though. The one in the living room was large enough to cool the whole suite, but then we had to leave bedroom doors open. I will stay at Gateway again when we make our next visit to Cooperstown.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Westfield
Reviewed 10 September 2013

Drove across the state to visit my girl friend and check out the breweries in the Cooperstown area. I only planned one night, but I very quickly realized another night would be necessary. The owners were very nice and gave great advice on good places to eat. The quality of the room was well beyond my expectations. I had a great time in Cooperstown, and this amazing little hotel was a big part of my enjoyment. I will definitely be revisiting this area, but only if I can get a room at the Gateway.

Reviewed 9 September 2013

Great place to stay with family and our dog. Very accomadating. Would recommend to family and friends to stay. Would definitely visit again. Rooms are clean and comfy. Owners are very helpful with your every need.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Renee626
Reviewed 9 September 2013

Nice Country experience. Away from it all but close enough (appx 2 mi) to everything downtown Cooperstown has to offer! Our dog was welcome and we came and went as needed due to game schedule at the Dreamspark. Owners were very accommodating. Room had a real country feel and was clean.

• Stayed August 2013
Trumansburg, New York
Reviewed 8 September 2013

This past weekend my boyfriend and I had the chance to stay at the Gateway Inn & Suites while visiting Cooperstown and the Ommegang Brewery. We couldn’t have asked for a better place to stay and the location was perfect! Before visiting we had asked our friends who visited Cooperstown last Fall where to stay and they had recommended Gateway. They said that while it wasn’t right in town it was only a short drive away and was the perfect place if you wanted a little more peace and quiet. And they were right! I think the only noise I heard all night was crickets chirping (but once you closed the windows you no longer heard them). The views were also spectacular. We were surrounded by trees, rolling hills, and even some wildlife (we even made friends with a deer who walked past our room in the morning).

The service and amenities were also wonderful. Even though it’s not a chain hotel it had everything you would find in one – refrigerator, coffee maker, A/C, microwave, etc. And, the owners, Eric and Lynn, were extremely kind and helpful. Eric, who is an artist, gave us a free painting to take home with us and also provided lots of recommendations for where to eat and other places to go sightseeing. We couldn’t have asked for a more welcoming stay.

I think my favorite part of staying at Gateway Inn & Suites was meeting their all-star mascot - a 200 lb St. Bernard “puppy” named Statler! If you’re not afraid of large dogs you should definitely ask to see him. He’s the most gentle giant you could meet. However, he expects a tummy rub in exchange for his greeting services so you’d better be willing to pay up!

My boyfriend and I can’t wait to visit Cooperstown and the Gateway Inn and Suites again. We’re already planning our next trip!

New Jersey
Reviewed 2 September 2013

My husband and I stayed in the Texas Leaguer room for two nights over Labor Day weekend. The reason we chose Gateway Inn and Suites was because we were travelling with our two dogs - Gateway is the only place close to Cooperstown that allows dogs. To be honest, if we were travelling alone we would probably have stayed in town either at The Cooper Inn or The Inn at Cooperstown. The owner of Gateway, Eric, is a very friendly, knowledgeable, and accommodating owner. He answered our questions about the area and provided a list of local restaurants and other attractions. Texas Leaguer is apparently one of the 'dog-friendly' rooms but we couldn't smell any animals at all. It has a queen bed and a full size bed, and a separate, small bathroom (the shower stall is quite small). It is equipped with air conditioning, ceiling fan, a flat screen TV, mini fridge, microwave, and small coffee-maker. Also has an iron and ironing board. The room is clean and tidy but we think it is also fair to say that it is outdated and a bit shabby. The grounds are well-kept, there is a gazebo and a pool (we didn't use it due to the weather). Gateway is quiet and in a good location. We would recommend it if you are looking for good value and accommodations that are "rustic" and "charming", not with the amenities of major hotels or bed and breakfasts.

4 Thank Magnus-Maximus
Schenectady, New York
Reviewed 1 September 2013

My family and I really enjoyed our two bedroom cottage with a full kitchen tucked away in the Cooperstown countryside. It was neat and clean...not contemporary in the least, but it was quite comfortable. As far as kindness and attentive customer service, it doesn't get much better than this. The owners were lovely.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank SETL
innkeeperNewYork, Owner at Gateway Inn & Suites of Cooperstown, responded to this review, 3 September 2013
Thank you for taking time to review our two bedroom suite. I’m glad that you found our accommodations to be clean and comfortable and appreciated the attentive customer service that Lynn & I provided. Additionally, thank you for noting our countryside setting and non contemporary approach as we attempt to showcase the natural beauty and common lifestyle of the upstate area. We hope to see you in the future,
Eric
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cooperstown
Holiday Inn Express Cooperstown
#5 of 16 in Cooperstown
Lake View Motel
Lake View Motel
#6 of 16 in Cooperstown

Been to Gateway Inn & Suites of Cooperstown? Share your experiences!