“Love the Babe's Nook!!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Cooperstown
Gateway Inn & Suites of Cooperstown
Ranked #6 of 16 Hotels in Cooperstown
Reviewed 25 October 2013

We have been coming to Cooperstown for over 20 years and we just found your place last year. It will be the only place we stay for the next 20!!! Babe's Nook fit the bill perfectly, cozy, clean and comfy...we love it! If you get a chance, try the Tryon Inn in Cherry Valley, excellent food!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 8 October 2013

George Carlin famously said that the ultimate objective of baseball was being safe at home. Well, if you're a baseball aficionado and looking for a place that feels like home, do yourself a favor and book your stay at Gateway! I was in Cooperstown for a research visit to the Nat'l Baseball Hall of Fame with a colleague. We stayed in the MVP suite: 2 large bedrooms, 2 baths, spacious living area and a humongus kitchen. All were well appointed. Gateway hits it out of the park and we enthusiastically recommend it! Thanks to Eric and Lynne -- and the folks at Gateway Inn and Suites.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Paul L
Reviewed 8 October 2013

My husband & I stayed in the Double Play room the week of August 23 while my son was playing at the DreamParks tournament. It was nice to come back and unwind after a hectic day of baseball. Loved the peace & tranquility of the inn. Eric was very helpful and gave us great advice and tips of the area. I only wished we could have stayed longer. I would go back there in a heartbeat!

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank mary b
Reviewed 7 October 2013

We stayed in the Doubleday Suite and it was perfect for our family of five. It was cozy and comfortable, and the owners/host were so hospitable. We booked this place because of the great reviews on TripAdvisor, and we are glad we did! We would definitely stay here again. If there was a downside, it was the size of the bathroom, but then again, we are used to large bathrooms at home, and we are the type of family that usually has more than one person in there at a time (one in the shower, one brushing teeth, you get the picture...). That was not possible in this bathroom, but that was OK. It was great to have a coffee pot, microwave and good-size refrigerator. It really helped with feeding the kids breakfast. My kids loved the separate living room for playing cards and watching TV while our little one slept. We could only get spotty cell phone service (trac-phone), but it was nice to be out in the country!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank snpkelley
Reviewed 3 October 2013 via mobile

Absolutely perfect! Eric was such a fantastic host. The Commissioner's Suite was clean, spacious, well stocked and absolutely gorgeous. There was a grill as well. The only downfall was T-Mobile service was nonexistant. When I come back to Cooperstown I will stay at Gateway.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Jeff B
Reviewed 2 October 2013

I saw the reviews of Gateway Inn & Suites on TripAdvisor and knew it was the way to go. My dad, my boyfriend and I were visiting Cooperstown for a Baseball Film Festival for a few days. We stayed in the Commissioner Suite here and it was absolutely PERFECT. Comfortable rooms, beautiful surroundings, close drive to town, & a great value. Eric was so nice & hospitable and there's no doubt in my mind we'd return the next time we're in town!

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Whitney B
Reviewed 2 October 2013

The Gateway Inn and Suites is a perfect place to spend an extended period of time while visiting Cooperstown. It is located a mere 5 minutes from downtown, in a quiet country setting. The room was comfortable and very pleasant, although I must admit that the mattress did groan quite a bit...but not enough to keep my wife and I awake. I enjoyed having two rooms, which allowed my wife to do her studying while I could watch TV or use the computer. We spent our days at a leisurely pace, returning to our suite to enjoy the serenity and quietness of the country setting. Yes, we could hear our neighbors, but we didn't find it distracting. The pluses easily outweighed any negatives in my opinion. We like quaint and enjoyed the wallpaper, the carpets, and the rustic decorations throughout. We would recommend it to our friends with the above caveats, but we still feel it was a very satisfying experience.

Room Tip: The Cooper Suite is located in a separate building away from the main office, and has a wonderful si...